• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Climate - The Movie

Who are the scientists? What is this, and where is it from?

Nah, I don't want to listen to the world's most renowned scientists. I don't want to read any science journals. I don't even want to take any science courses.
I will just watch a video and get my beliefs about climate from that.

Nah, I don't want to listen to the world's most renowned scientists. I don't want to read any science journals. I don't even want to take any science courses.
The director is great! He's the conspiracy king of directors, really has his shit down!! You're missing out! 🤣

Try the three-part Climate Wars docu.

LOL confession noted. :ROFLMAO:

Everyone should watch that, it presents some valid views from real climate scientists.

You could watch a documentary, Or you could read consensus statements from every single scientific organization on the planet.

All the experts warned all the vegetation would die from global acid rain in the 1970s.
All the experts warned of a coming ice age 50 years ago.
All the experts predicted NYC harbor would be underwater 10 years ago.
All the experts predicted all the ice caps would be gone by the 2020s
All of the experts repeatedly stated getting a Covid vaccine would protect you from getting it, and make you not contagious.

All of you are still listening to these experts who, literally, earn their living raising attention to get grant money.

We should all have learned by now that the global scientific "experts" lie to us. And they do it on purpose.
They lied about Covid to us. That is not debatable. It 100% happened. And they did it knowingly.
Right to our face.

I don't trust a word they say anymore.

All the experts warned all the vegetation would die from global acid rain in the 1970s.
All the experts warned of a coming ice age 50 years ago.
All the experts predicted NYC harbor would be underwater 10 years ago.
All the experts predicted all the ice caps would be gone by the 2020s
All of the experts repeatedly stated getting a Covid vaccine would protect you from getting it, and make you not contagious.

All of you are still listening to these experts who, literally, earn their living raising attention to get grant money.
Agreed.
In fact, the present climate conditions, so much water frozen at each of the poles, may be more abnormal for the Earth's climate than normal, also considering that the Earth is still exiting from a period of glaciation, i.e. Ice Age, so still warming up, back to a warm period.

There were extended periods where the poles had conifers, swamps and ferns, rarely freezing, according to the science of paleontology and the fossil record, and also a much higher concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere than present.

Those who are making a panic about all this, can only take them with very limited seriousness. After all:

DON’T BE BUFFALOED BY EXPERTS AND ELITES. EXPERTS OFTEN POSSESS MORE DATA THAN JUDGMENT. ELITES CAN BECOME SO INBRED THAT THEY PRODUCE HEMMOPHILIACS WHO BLEED TO DEATH AS SOON AS THEY ARE NICKED BY THE REAL WORLD.​

You could watch a documentary, Or you could read consensus statements from every single scientific organization on the planet.
I have read them, they are very limited statements, but let's look at a few for fun?

American Chemical Society​

"The Earth’s climate is changing in response to increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases (GHGs) and particulate matter in the atmosphere, largely as the result of human activities." (2016-2019)4
No disagreement here, but it also does not say that CO2 has some specific climate sensitivity.

American Geophysical Union​

"Based on extensive scientific evidence, it is extremely likely that human activities, especially emissions of greenhouse gases, are the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century. There is no alterative explanation supported by convincing evidence." (2019)5
This one is particularly good because the last sentence describes the subtractive nature of warming attribution.
They do not have a alternative explanation.

American Meteorological Society​

"Research has found a human influence on the climate of the past several decades ... The IPCC (2013), USGCRP (2017), and USGCRP (2018) indicate that it is extremely likely that human influence has been the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-twentieth century." (2019)7
Yes Human activity has had an influence on the climate, and could well be a dominant cause of the observed warming since 1950.
This still does not support a high CO2 climate sensitivity!
Also Human influence covers a lot more areas than just CO2 emissions.

Everyone should watch that, it presents some valid views from real climate scientists.
Not to mention an extremely insightful look into the true goal and tactics of the climate cultists.

Agreed.
In fact, the present climate conditions, so much water frozen at each of the poles, may be more abnormal for the Earth's climate than normal, also considering that the Earth is still exiting from a period of glaciation, i.e. Ice Age, so still warming up, back to a warm period.

There were extended periods where the poles had conifers, swamps and ferns, rarely freezing, according to the science of paleontology and the fossil record, and also a much higher concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere than present.

Those who are making a panic about all this, can only take them with very limited seriousness. After all:

DON’T BE BUFFALOED BY EXPERTS AND ELITES. EXPERTS OFTEN POSSESS MORE DATA THAN JUDGMENT. ELITES CAN BECOME SO INBRED THAT THEY PRODUCE HEMMOPHILIACS WHO BLEED TO DEATH AS SOON AS THEY ARE NICKED BY THE REAL WORLD.​
Except that we are not exiting the ice-age.

Ice-Ages are defined by a sudden drop in global mean surface temperatures by between 8°C and 10°C. The Quaternary Ice-Age began 2.58 million years ago. Of the five prior ice-ages before the current Quaternary Ice-Age the Andean-Saharan Ice-Age from 445 to 420 million years ago was the shortest. So if the Quaternary Ice-Age lasts only as long as the shortest ice-age we still have another ~22 million years of ice-age yet to experience. It should also be noted that the Ordovician-Silurian extinction event 445 million years ago was the second largest after the Permian-Triassic extinction events.

We have been enjoying the Holocene Interglacial period that began 15,000 years ago, after the last 100,000 year glacial period. There have been more than 50 of these interglacial periods since the Quaternary Ice-Age began. All of the prior interglacial periods ranged in duration from as little as 5,000 years, to as long as 25,000 years. The last interglacial period was called the Eemian Interglacial, and it lasted from 130,000 until 115,000 years ago, and it was warmer than the current Holocene Interglacial period has been. So the Holocene Interglacial could end in another 10,000 years, or any time before then. One thing is absolutely certain, the Holocene Interglacial period will eventually end and we will experience another ~100,000 years of glaciation where between 20% and 25% of the northern hemisphere will be covered in ice more than a mile thick.

The current mean surface temperature of the planet is 14.8°C. When not experiencing an ice-age Earth's mean surface temperature for the last 250 million years has been 22°C ± 1°C.

We also have 420,000 years of ice-core data that demonstrates atmospheric CO2 is influenced by surface temperatures, not the other way around. When surface temperatures increase, so does atmospheric CO2. When surface temperatures decrease, so does atmospheric CO2. In addition, there is a delay of several centuries between changes in surface temperatures and changes in atmospheric CO2. In other words, the increases in atmospheric CO2 we have been seeing since the Modern Warming period began in 1850 has been the result of surface temperature increases during the Medieval Warming period between 950 AD and 1250 AD.

There is absolutely no evidence to support the assertion that atmospheric CO2 influences surface temperatures.

Like the Minoan, Roman and Medieval Warming Periods before it, the Modern Warming period will not last. Each subsequent warming period since the Holocene Climate Optimum 8,000 years ago has been getting shorter and colder than the previous one. The Modern Warming period will most likely not last until 2150, which was the duration of the Medieval Warming period. Then we will experience another Little Ice-Age, like we did between 1250 and 1850. We will be wishing we were still experiencing the Modern Warming period when that happens because it will not be pleasant.

Last edited:
No disagreement here, but it also does not say that CO2 has some specific climate sensitivity.
Where is their evidence? Just because both surface temperatures and greenhouse gases are increasing, where is their evidence that it is greenhouse gases driving that change?

You can't provide it, because there is no evidence. It is merely supposition, which is not science. That makes their belief religious and not scientific at all.

This one is particularly good because the last sentence describes the subtractive nature of warming attribution.
They also make the claim that it is "based on extensive scientific evidence" while citing scientific consensus. Where is this so-called evidence? Consensus is merely opinion, and not evidence of anything.

Yes Human activity has had an influence on the climate, and could well be a dominant cause of the observed warming since 1950.
Based on wild-ass assumptions without any evidence to support your utter bullshit. It apparently is your religion as well now.

Only in your vivid imagination. After all, we don't need any evidence to support those claims when a strong religious belief is enough. Welcome to the anti-science religion of the left. :rolleyes:

A "video" of the world's most renowned scientists...

The Gaia Cultists will never watch such heresy that refutes the holy faith they follow.

This seems pretty paranoid, TBH.

How would you know, you didn't watch it.

If you are secure in your faith - if Anthropogenic Global Warming is all that the shamans and voodoo priest claim, why fear exposure to Nobel Prize winning scientists, heads of Harvard Physics, chair of Princeton Climatology?

I understand, knowledge is dangerous to the left - so the rank and file are very careful to avoid it.

I mean, "consensus" is the basis of "sayance."

LOL

Nothing the cultists fear more than facts. Notice how not a single cultist so far has watched the movie and come up with criticism or refutation of the fact presented - instead just shrieking

1711126251213.png

I have read them, they are very limited statements, but let's look at a few for fun?

Three of the scientists in the film are IPCC panel members.

The cultists won't know this because they fear exposure to scientific fact.

Back
Top Bottom