• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clarence Thomas accuser calls for his impeachment - CBS News today

I read and re-read that article. I can't see where it says she accused him at the time. I see she refers to herself as an "uncalled witness". What does that even mean?

Is there a record of her accusing him of these actions at the time he purportedly committed them or not? Did she call the police, tell co-workers, etc.? I can't find that anywhere. If she didn't, she can't come out 30 years later and say this now.

I believe it means the Senate Judiciary committee, lead by Biden at the time, knew about her and other witnesses willing to testify about Thomas and did not call them to testify after Anita Hill.

She claims she did come forward, but she wasn't called in to testify. There's a post above spelling it out.

She claims isn't what I'm asking. I asked if there was a record of her coming out then with these charges. I admittedly could have missed it. That's why I asked.

While I didn't ultimately believe Anita Hill, her claims were within a few years of it happening (when she said it happened), and when he was a SCOTUS nominee. This claim strikes me as odd with its timing.

She claims isn't what I'm asking. I asked if there was a record of her coming out then with these charges. I admittedly could have missed it. That's why I asked.

While I didn't ultimately believe Anita Hill, her claims were within a few years of it happening (when she said it happened), and when he was a SCOTUS nominee. This claim strikes me as odd with its timing.

Here is a more detailed version
The Case for Impeaching Clarence Thomas

Because he lied about it, under oath.

Even if he did, at this point it is nothing more than a "he said/she said" moment. Also you really think a Republican congress is going to impeach a conservative member of the SCOTUS? Congress did everything they could to steal the pick from Obama, they aren't going to impeach based on what one woman says.

Just a left wing last ditch effort to try and keep SCOTUS from becoming a conservative run court for the next 25 years.

Desperate they are on the left. :lamo

I just hope that that old bird, leftist, anti Constitution, ACLU lawyer Ginsberg will step down soon. We need to get people like her, that don't do their job, off the court. Thomas is one of the few that do a decent job, most of the time.

So....

If he's impeached, who appoints his replacement?

Probably the current President.

Well, then, why are people accusing republicans of trying to protect a guy they think is guilty to protect a concervatives justice majority?

Well, then, why are people accusing republicans of trying to protect a guy they think is guilty to protect a concervatives justice majority?

I assume this is a rhetorical question to me considering I can't possibly explain what other posters are saying. You have to ask them.

I assume this is a rhetorical question to me considering I can't possibly explain what other posters are saying. You have to ask them.

More leftist fairy tales. Justice Thomas stands about as much chance of being impeached as Trump does getting positive coverage by the communist media.

I just hope that that old bird, leftist, anti Constitution, ACLU lawyer Ginsberg will step down soon. We need to get people like her, that don't do their job, off the court. Thomas is one of the few that do a decent job, most of the time.

She will not step down. She will either be removed for health, or die while still on the court. She is as leftist as they get. Thank God we will be rid of her soon.

She will not step down. She will either be removed for health, or die while still on the court. She is as leftist as they get. Thank God we will be rid of her soon.

Health reasons/age would be the best chance to get rid of her. Unfortunately for women, it is the women on the court that need to go. They don't seem to realize that the Constitution is not optional when deciding cases. Maybe one of them will slip on a banana peel.

So....

If he's impeached, who appoints his replacement?

I think the point here is to get him impeached in 2019 and hope that a blue wave gives the Democrats the senate.

No, what you meant to say is that Thomas does what you want him to do, not his actual job. At least admit that.

Even if he did, at this point it is nothing more than a "he said/she said" moment. Also you really think a Republican congress is going to impeach a conservative member of the SCOTUS? Congress did everything they could to steal the pick from Obama, they aren't going to impeach based on what one woman says.

you can't steal something that doesn't belong to you. the seat doesn't belong to obama.
It belongs to the american people please read our constitution.

She will not step down as long as trump is president. It will take her dying before she will do that.
She will not step down until a liberal will be president.

that is how it usually works.

you can't steal something that doesn't belong to you. the seat doesn't belong to obama.
It belongs to the american people please read our constitution.

Oh stop it, you know damn well congress was playing games with the seat. Yes, legally congress can do that, but it doesn't make it any less slimy. I'm sure you will support the dems (if in control of both houses) doing that Trump if he gets another chance to pick a SCOTUS member correct?

She will not step down as long as trump is president. It will take her dying before she will do that.
She will not step down until a liberal will be president.

that is how it usually works.

And then when the Dems do to Trump what congress did to Obama, you will be 100% ok with it right?

Even if he did, at this point it is nothing more than a "he said/she said" moment.

More like "he said/THEY say" moment. Eyewitness testimony gains credibility each time it is corroborated
Also you really think a Republican congress is going to impeach a conservative member of the SCOTUS? Congress did everything they could to steal the pick from Obama, they aren't going to impeach based on what one woman says.

No, but Congress will not remain republican forever

Back
Top Bottom