• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CIA and Drug Trafficking

gman

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
If you have NETFLIX I highly recommend you watch the 4 episode series, “CONSPIRACY, The Octopus Murders”. If it doesn’t shake your trust in our government, nothing will.

Ummmm, this entire story was about something that happened BACK IN THE 1991.

Although the series offers many claims, suspicions, and conspiracies, there is really no solid answer provided when all is said and done.

In September 1992, a year after Casolaro was found dead, the House Judiciary Committee asked the Justice Department to form an independent counsel to further investigate Casolaro’s death, per The Washington Post. The committee, which had also been looking into the INSLAW case at the time, wrote in their report that “as long as the possibility exists that Danny Casolaro died as a result of his investigation in the INSLAW matter, it is imperative that further investigation be conducted.”

Two years later, in September 1994, the INSLAW case — the matter at the center of Casolaro’s Octopus investigation — was also put to rest. The DOJ released a report at that time concluding that there was “no credible evidence” that members of the Justice Department conspired to steal software developed by INSLAW. Additionally, the report affirmed police findings that Casolaro’s death was a suicide — and that there was no need for an independent counsel to look into the matter.

As for shaking my faith in government, anyone who has faith in government is nuts. But what is being implied here? Because I don't have much faith in government, we should do away with it? And replace it with what?

Ummmm, this entire story was about something that happened BACK IN THE 1991.

As for shaking my faith in government, anyone who has faith in government is nuts. But what is being implied here? Because I don't have much faith in government, we should do away with it? And replace it with what?
Try watching the documentary. You’ll change your opinion.

Try watching the documentary. You’ll change your opinion.
A documentary about something that happened in 1991? And then what do I do with the information I gather? Vote to overthrow the government and replace it with............................................................................ another government?

I'll tip my hat to the new Constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again, no, no

Yeah
Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

You say you'll change the constitution
Well, you know
We all wanna change your head
You tell me it's the institution
Well, you know
You better free your mind instead

I could while away the hours, conferrin' with the flowers,
Consultin' with the rain.
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts where busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain.

You do what you want. I don’t really give a shit.

I'm on the final episode (#4). Very good documentary series, though as someone who used to obsess over the CIA and government drug-running none of it was that shocking.

On a slightly different note, if anyone is interested in other stories of true crime wrapped in government conspiracies, I recommend looking into the Boys on the Tracks case.

I remember Danny Casolaro, Inslaw, Michael Riconosciuto. Locally there was reporting on the case — perhaps because the Cabazon Reservation is relatively close to Los Angeles.

Also, Mike Ruppert.

Back
Top Bottom