• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Christie is effusive in his praise for Obama [W:56]

Proving once again that the right can like and respect the man, give credit where it's due, and still not agree with his policies. The left should take a lesson.

The reason that everyone is making such a big deal of this is that it is so rare and unexpected. That really tells you something. If there were liberals after 9/11 that weren't fully supportive of the president then hey were lambasted as unpatriotic and not American and told to leave the country. In this case you're bragging that one republican official has said that the president is doing a good job on this one thing. Quite telling I'd say.

And for Christie, theres a number of Republicans trying to accuse Obama of jumping on this storm for political purposes.

It's very sad that people act shocked and stunned when someone from the other side dare to give someone on the other side praise for a job well done.

And in the most ironic piece of news I'm probably going to see this year, lol...

Obama response to Sandy — too fast? Bush’s FEMA head worries.
Obama response to Sandy — too fast? Bush’s FEMA head worries. - ComPost - The Washington Post

Another one who can't read.

Can someone point out where Brown used the words "too quickly" or "too fast"? I've yet to see it, although Think Progress & The Washington Post keep repeating it.

Bush didn't have 22.7 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers, 2.0% GDP growth, 5.6 trillion added to the debt, 47 million on food stamps, record numbers below the poverty level, and a $5000 reduction in median income when he ran for re-election in 2004

Right, he didn't. He oversaw the massive recession that caused the problem and then he left it to Obama to clean up his mess.

Obama was congratulated far and wide by the right after the Bin Laden killing. People from Dick Cheney to Rudy Giuliani to Karl Rove to Lindsey Graham.

Yep, they thanked Obama, then started arguing that Bush was the real mastermind behind the Bin Laden raid, then started arguing that Obama wasn't giving enough credit to our navy seals even though he thanked them in every speech I heard him give. What praise :roll:

Yep, they thanked Obama, then started arguing that Bush was the real mastermind behind the Bin Laden raid, then started arguing that Obama wasn't giving enough credit to our navy seals even though he thanked them in every speech I heard him give. What praise :roll:

Which of those 4 said that Bush was the mastermind behind the Bin Laden raid?

Christie will be effusive of his frustration with Obama in about two weeks when the checks are not arriving.

Romney will recreate the bush great recession. That is why we cannot afford to go back to 4 years of the same failed bush economic policy that created 22.7 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers, 2.0% GDP growth, 5.6 trillion added to the debt, 47 million on food stamps, record numbers below the poverty level, and a $5000 reduction in median income.

So now you can predict the future as you ignore the present and the Obama record? I suggest you focus on what you know and actualyl can see vs. what you think is going to happen. I certainly feel your pain and understand why you need Obamanomics. Guess if I lacked initiative and drive I would support Obama as well. You show with every post how divided this country is and we all know from the last four years that Obama isn't the person to unite anyone. You can continue to blame Bush until hell freezes over but that will not change the Obama results nor the landslide victory that is coming for Romney. Most people seem to be smart enough to see through the Obama rhetoric and see the Obama results.

Last edited:
Right, he didn't. He oversaw the massive recession that caused the problem and then he left it to Obama to clean up his mess.

Yes, and Obama failed as his results show. Time for some real change. I hope you aren't being paid on quality of your posts.

Which of those 4 said that Bush was the mastermind behind the Bin Laden raid?

They praised bush with the false argument that he got us the intelligence to find bin laden. Trying to argue that Obama wouldn't have been able to do it without Bush's intelligence. I'm not going to go looking up every republican that said this, but it's common knowledge that it was a talking point right after the raid. I'd be absolutely amazed if Rove and Cheney didn't try it.

They praised bush with the false argument that he got us the intelligence to find bin laden. Trying to argue that Obama wouldn't have been able to do it without Bush's intelligence. I'm not going to go looking up every republican that said this, but it's common knowledge that it was a talking point right after the raid. I'd be absolutely amazed if Rove and Cheney didn't try it.

Can I see your proof that one of the 4 names I mentioned said that? YouTube video or something else would work fine.

Can I see your proof that one of the 4 names I mentioned said that? YouTube video or something else would work fine.
KARL ROVE: After Bin Laden's Death, President Obama's Next Challenge Is to Explain That the War on Terror Is Still Far From Over | Fox News

Karl Rove said:
"Congratulations also to President Obama and his national security team for their adroit leadership of this operation. And thanks is also due President Bush, whose policies provided the tools that led to the discovery of Bin Laden’s hiding place.... He also has reason to be grateful to his predecessor for having put in place tools whose use hastened the extraordinary events that took place on an early Sunday morning in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

https://twitter.com/SteveKingIA/status/65039561755066369

– Rep. Steve King (R-IA) tweeted, “Wonder what President Obama thinks of water boarding now?”

"I commend President Obama who has followed the vigilance of President Bush in bringing Bin Laden to justice." Eric Cantor

Cheney responds to Obama’s reportedly poor intelligence briefings attendance | The Daily Caller
Dick Cheney said:
“If President Obama were participating in his intelligence briefings on a regular basis then perhaps he would understand why people are so offended at his efforts to take sole credit for the killing of Osama bin Laden,” Cheney told The Daily Caller in an email through a spokeswoman.

“Those who deserve the credit are the men and women in our military and intelligence communities who worked for many years to track him down. They are the ones who deserve the thanks of a grateful nation.”

Read more: Cheney responds to Obama’s reportedly poor intelligence briefings attendance | The Daily Caller

Your opinion noted, how many Presidents do you know that spend much of their time during an economic crisis going on entertainment shows, taking vacations, playing golf, and doing fund raisers? Do you think a strong leader leaves an Ambassador and three others behind to be murdered? Doesn't appear that you understand leadership

To be quite blunt here...you are blinded by the fact that Obama is a democrat and there is probably other reasons as well. The FACT not speculation that Romney has continually lied and pandered to whoever he thought would give him money and support and has no personal thoughts at all makes Mittens a bad choice for dog catcher must less commander in chief. Even the RNC and his own handlers have a hard time keeping his mouth shut when he isnt scripted. He's arrogant, out of touch and simply doesnt care about anything other than making money on the backs of the poor and middle-class. And before you give me any crap about America being a Capitalistic country , Yes it is by SOCIAL DESIGN , but NOT by governmental desicision. The U.S. is a Democratic Republic. When Mit Romney actually keeps the same position for more than a few weeks then I might actually consider something he has to say with something less than contempt. Is Obama perfect? Not at all. Nor will ANY president ever be. But he is by far the better choice between the 2 major party choices. Before you pretend like you are better than others simply because you disagree with them consider this...Your opinion is only 1 in a sea of others and opinions are like bungholes... everyone has them and they all stink including mine and yours.

So now you can predict the future as you ignore the present and the Obama record? I suggest you focus on what you know and actualyl can see vs. what you think is going to happen. I certainly feel your pain and understand why you need Obamanomics. Guess if I lacked initiative and drive I would support Obama as well. You show with every post how divided this country is and we all know from the last four years that Obama isn't the person to unite anyone. You can continue to blame Bush until hell freezes over but that will not change the Obama results nor the landslide victory that is coming for Romney. Most people seem to be smart enough to see through the Obama rhetoric and see the Obama results.

Perhaps you are psychic as well? Considering all polls Both right and left and centrist say that this will be a close election. Quit being so condecending to people and get your head out of your rear. you talk to people like they are idiots and only YOU know whats going on. Since you THINK you know so much perhaps YOU should run for office and we can see how well THAT fiasco goes.

Its easy to be a tough talking conservative until you end up in a situation where you need help. Once a liberal does everything they can to help you and lends you the jacket off their back in your time of despair suddenly you have an epiphany and realize this is a better way.

Are we a nation of "lets pull together and overcome this" or "you're on your own"?

This same tune is played out in healthcare. They say "I don't need no stinking healthcare!", "why should I have to pay for something I don't want!!!'. When the time comes and they're dying, they don't want to die, they want help. Suddenly they're not so tough anymore.

Conservatives, stop thinking you're such badasses and start working with the rest of us to make this a better world.

To be quite blunt here...you are blinded by the fact that Obama is a democrat and there is probably other reasons as well. The FACT not speculation that Romney has continually lied and pandered to whoever he thought would give him money and support and has no personal thoughts at all makes Mittens a bad choice for dog catcher must less commander in chief. Even the RNC and his own handlers have a hard time keeping his mouth shut when he isnt scripted. He's arrogant, out of touch and simply doesnt care about anything other than making money on the backs of the poor and middle-class. And before you give me any crap about America being a Capitalistic country , Yes it is by SOCIAL DESIGN , but NOT by governmental desicision. The U.S. is a Democratic Republic. When Mit Romney actually keeps the same position for more than a few weeks then I might actually consider something he has to say with something less than contempt. Is Obama perfect? Not at all. Nor will ANY president ever be. But he is by far the better choice between the 2 major party choices. Before you pretend like you are better than others simply because you disagree with them consider this...Your opinion is only 1 in a sea of others and opinions are like bungholes... everyone has them and they all stink including mine and yours.

Absolutely amazing, you join this forum this month and already are an expert on me and my past associations. You really ought to spend more time in areas you truly understand which you certainly haven't shown yet in this forum. I will be you that I have voted for more Democrats for the office of President than you have voted Republican but that doesn't really matter to someone blinded by an ideology.

Obviously you want to ignore the Obama results and I don't blame you however they are what they are. It will be the Obama record on the ballot next week and that is a record that you cannot change. I didn't vote for Obama because of his resume and now didn't vote for him because of his record. Apparently the majority in this country are seeing it the same way. I will take the Romney record and know that this country cannot afford four more years of Obama. One of these days you will realize that results matter and the Obama results are a disaster. Your opinion on Romney is noted but it absolutely quite telling that he was a Governor of MA and was blessed by Clinton as being totally qualified for the office. The same cannot be said of Obama

Perhaps you are psychic as well? Considering all polls Both right and left and centrist say that this will be a close election. Quit being so condecending to people and get your head out of your rear. you talk to people like they are idiots and only YOU know whats going on. Since you THINK you know so much perhaps YOU should run for office and we can see how well THAT fiasco goes.

I call it like I see it and obviously it is condecending to point out the Obama results. Most Obama supporters are indeed idiots and the fact that they cannot see the Obama results proves it. Results don't matter to an Obamabot who apparently needs that social justice Obama is promoting.

Its easy to be a tough talking conservative until you end up in a situation where you need help. Once a liberal does everything they can to help you and lends you the jacket off their back in your time of despair suddenly you have an epiphany and realize this is a better way.

Are we a nation of "lets pull together and overcome this" or "you're on your own"?

This same tune is played out in healthcare. They say "I don't need no stinking healthcare!", "why should I have to pay for something I don't want!!!'. When the time comes and they're dying, they don't want to die, they want help. Suddenly they're not so tough anymore.

Conservatives, stop thinking you're such badasses and start working with the rest of us to make this a better world.

When an individual needs help normally they go to the local or state for that help, not a Federal Bureaucrat from D.C. This country was built on neighbor helping neighbor with that neighbor not being a bureaucrat in D.C. What you and so many others seem to want is a large central govt economy and do away with the states. That wasn't the foundation upon which this country was built and once liberals grasp the failure of the Federal Govt. they become conservative.

This country is totally divided and the only one that has any chance of bringing it together or at least closing the divide is Romney. We have seen what Obama has done in four years and we saw what Romney did in MA. The differences are stark.

When an individual needs help normally they go to the local or state for that help, not a Federal Bureaucrat from D.C. This country was built on neighbor helping neighbor with that neighbor not being a bureaucrat in D.C. What you and so many others seem to want is a large central govt economy and do away with the states. That wasn't the foundation upon which this country was built and once liberals grasp the failure of the Federal Govt. they become conservative.

This country is totally divided and the only one that has any chance of bringing it together or at least closing the divide is Romney. We have seen what Obama has done in four years and we saw what Romney did in MA. The differences are stark.
LOL...what a stupid statement!

Further, the "divide", as explained to MULTIPLE times stems from the radicalization of the GOP, when the GOP leadership from the start of Obama's term planned to be obstructionists, the problem was with them. Romney faced no opposition on that scale, that is the stark reality you ignore.

LOL...what a stupid statement!

Further, the "divide", as explained to MULTIPLE times stems from the radicalization of the GOP, when the GOP leadership from the start of Obama's term planned to be obstructionists, the problem was with them. Romney faced no opposition on that scale, that is the stark reality you ignore.

You are right and of course the Obama agenda, rhetoric, and policies had nothing to do with you for you see the "I won, you lost" rhetoric is very unifying. There is nothing this President has done by consensus which has made him the most devisive President in U.S. History and why he will be a one term President. I know how badly you need Obamanomics but the country is going to reject another term on Tuesday.

What are your reasons for hating the federal government? Why not take it a step further and do away with state government? Why should the state meddle in the affairs of county government? If you're going to go that far why not go all the way down to the individual neighbor level? Everything can be solved in a neighborly fashion, why have anything above city government?

I'm not trying to be an ass I'm just curious why you so hate the federal government but love state government. Every level of government may or may not have its place in society, and to a certain degree of scope, the question is why don't you think the feds are useful in a multi-state disaster spanning thousands of miles that has done in excess of 50 billion in damage? If there ever was a time when federal government makes sense the time is now. Why not?

Verax;1061088178]What are your reasons for hating the federal government? Why not take it a step further and do away with state government? Why should the state meddle in the affairs of county government? If you're going to go that far why not go all the way down to the individual neighbor level? Everything can be solved in a neighborly fashion, why have anything above city government?

You really have no concept as to the history of this country, do you? This Federal Govt. duplicates expenses from the state and has created a 16.2 trillion dollar debt. Our Founders believed in a govt. of the people, closest to the people and that certainly isn't the Federal Govt. The Federal Govt. was created for one reason, protection not social engineering. Liberalism has turned that 180 and now it is about social engineering, not protection.

Your local community is best suited to solve problems in your area. What does a bureaucrat in D.C. know about problems in your area?

I'm not trying to be an ass I'm just curious why you so hate the federal government but love state government. Every level of government may or may not have its place in society, and to a certain degree of scope, the question is why don't you think the feds are useful in a multi-state disaster spanning thousands of miles that has done in excess of 50 billion in damage? If there ever was a time when federal government makes sense the time is now. Why not?

I don't hate the Federal Govt. but do hate what it has become, a bloated federal bureaucracy run by people who are always running for their next job while not doing the job they were paid to do. I live in TX and we have a part time legislature, one that meets every two years then goes back to their real jobs. That is what our Founders envisioned. This current Federal govt. is a 3.8 trillion dollar one and that was never the intent.

You really have no concept as to the history of this country, do you? This Federal Govt. duplicates expenses from the state and has created a 16.2 trillion dollar debt. Our Founders believed in a govt. of the people, closest to the people and that certainly isn't the Federal Govt. The Federal Govt. was created for one reason, protection not social engineering. Liberalism has turned that 180 and now it is about social engineering, not protection.

Your local community is best suited to solve problems in your area. What does a bureaucrat in D.C. know about problems in your area?

I don't hate the Federal Govt. but do hate what it has become, a bloated federal bureaucracy run by people who are always running for their next job while not doing the job they were paid to do. I live in TX and we have a part time legislature, one that meets every two years then goes back to their real jobs. That is what our Founders envisioned. This current Federal govt. is a 3.8 trillion dollar one and that was never the intent.

Your entire argument is beliefs and "that's the way it used to be". Both of those things can be falsified as being wrong and or inferior. Do you have any evidence for these claims?

You probably don't know it but the real reason you've been instructed to hate the federal government is because that is one of the tools used to stop the ultra wealthy from controlling everything and being able to basically make up the rules however they see fit. They want a weak government that they can run over when necessary. So they tell the gullible all these horrible things about government to try and get them on their side.

If you don't believe me take a look at the history of the late 1800's in the U.S. Super massive corporations owned and controlled everything. They used this power to exploit American workers in ways that are incredibly disgusting. There was no strong government to stop them. The "free market" back then was a disaster for the people and a boon for the ultra wealthy.

Don't let facts and history get in the way of your laughable naivete though.

Your entire argument is beliefs and "that's the way it used to be". Both of those things can be falsified as being wrong and or inferior. Do you have any evidence for these claims?

You probably don't know it but the real reason you've been instructed to hate the federal government is because that is one of the tools used to stop the ultra wealthy from controlling everything and being able to basically make up the rules however they see fit. They want a weak government that they can run over when necessary. So they tell the gullible all these horrible things about government to try and get them on their side.

If you don't believe me take a look at the history of the late 1800's in the U.S. Super massive corporations owned and controlled everything. They used this power to exploit American workers in ways that are incredibly disgusting. There was no strong government to stop them. The "free market" back then was a disaster for the people and a boon for the ultra wealthy.

Don't let facts and history get in the way of your laughable naivete though.

What a bunch of bs! Why is it in your world that results don't matter? You believe in a one size fits all program forced on all communities around the country? What you seem to not understand is that when you delegate control to the Federal Bureaucracy you give up control of your own life and your own community.

What is amazing to me that inspite of all the documented results you still want to have a big central govt. providing for all that you need or want. I feel badly for our country when I hear people like promoting the Obama big govt. economy. That doesn't work anywhere else in the world especially with the foundation we have in this country.

I have not been instructed to do anything, I spent 35 years in the business world and know how it operates. What you and so many others fail to understand is that we don't have a fixed pie, it is a growing pie that even you can get a piece of. You have been brainwashed by a failed ideology and better wake up before it is too late.

By the way, I proudly cast my vote yesterday in early voting for Romney although it won't matter in my state which Obama will lose by 3 million votes.

You are right and of course the Obama agenda, rhetoric, and policies had nothing to do with you for you see the "I won, you lost" rhetoric is very unifying. There is nothing this President has done by consensus which has made him the most devisive President in U.S. History and why he will be a one term President. I know how badly you need Obamanomics but the country is going to reject another term on Tuesday.
The "consensus" is made by mutual agreement, when the speaker of the House gets "95%" of what he wants.....and still won't agree......the problem is not with the President.

The "consensus" is made by mutual agreement, when the speaker of the House gets "95%" of what he wants.....and still won't agree......the problem is not with the President.

The problem is with this President who had total control of the Congress his first two years and did nothing but create a greater divide. Just goes to show how little you or he know about leadership. The results are Obama's and there is nothing he has proposed that would have improved the economic results we have today and you ought to know that but apparently your ideology will not allow you to see it.

Do you believe teachers, firefighters, and police in your communities are Federal taxpayer responsibilities?

Back
Top Bottom