• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Christian School Expels Girl for Wearing Rainbow Sweater on Her Birthday

Regardless of her previous violstoons, the last straw was wearing a sweater? How is that a violation of anything?

Again, Private school rules. I'm truly sorry you don't understand the situation here but be thankful that Kayla is free to wear her rainbow and unicorn sweaters at public school.

I plan to say out of Whitefield Academy, but it's my business to point out how absurd and damaging that kind of mentality is.
The only thing "absurd and damaging" here is people's willingness to cast aspersions on a school they know nothing about, on the say-so of a student whose history with the school they know nothing about, for a judgment that quite possibly has nothing to do with what the student and her parents claim it does.

The Friendly Atheist Used Car Deals. Come buy what we're selling. Single photo of each car viewable online 24/7 along with our 100% honest 240-point inspection. In-person visits, test drives, and independent mechanical inspections not available. Cash only. No refunds.

The private, Baptist-based school is teaching ideology.

AGW climate change is not science, is not based in logic (or science).

Why don't you find it equally as ridiculous that students are, at least, flunked for not adhering to AGW climate change ideology then?

That's an incorrect statement muddied by politics. I trust the opinion of scientists not politicians who are in the pockets of various groups, both Left and Right. In particular, I trust the men and women who put mankind on the Moon and continue to advance aviation and space exploration through science: NASA - Evidence | Facts – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

Causes | Facts – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet
Scientists attribute the global warming trend observed since the mid-20th century to the human expansion of the "greenhouse effect"1 — warming that results when the atmosphere traps heat radiating from Earth toward space.

The private, Baptist-based school is teaching ideology.
Sorry, I misunderstood. The school is indeed teaching (or at least preaching) an ideology but beyond that, it’s requiring all students to follow that ideology in and out of school.

AGW climate change is not science, is not based in logic (or science).
That debate doesn’t really matter in this context. If you can identify another school imposing any ideology upon their students to a similar extent, I’d question them in the same manner.

Why don't you find it equally as ridiculous that students are, at least, flunked for not adhering to AGW climate change ideology then?
I would. That’s why I’m not convinced your example has actually happened.

Leave it to leftist communists to want to force everyone into compliance with their system of beliefs and values.

Leave it to ****tard Christian whack jobs to pry into the personal lives of 15 year olds and condemn them for wearing a sweater with a rainbow on it at their own birthday party at a diner.

That's an incorrect statement muddied by politics. I trust the opinion of scientists not politicians who are in the pockets of various groups, both Left and Right. In particular, I trust the men and women who put mankind on the Moon and continue to advance aviation and space exploration through science: NASA - Evidence | Facts – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

Scientists attribute the global warming trend observed since the mid-20th century to the human expansion of the "greenhouse effect"1 — warming that results when the atmosphere traps heat radiating from Earth toward space.

Props to you for being a voice of reason on this particular subject.

Oh wait, I just saw she was expelled. Wow, what complete assholes. Nobody should go to religious school, indoctrinating kids to become the Taliban

Oh, she should have followed the schools morals of being a homophobic POS.

Leave it to leftist communists to want to force everyone into compliance with their system of beliefs and values.

LOL. YOu just described the school.Seriously learn how to troll if you are going to do it, this is just pathetic

Again, Private school rules. I'm truly sorry you don't understand the situation here but be thankful that Kayla is free to wear her rainbow and unicorn sweaters at public school.
She was wearing that shirt at a diner off school property on her own time. Say she was wearing it in her own home. Should have been disciplined for wearing it at the dinner table with her family? This isn't ****ed up to you?

That sounds sounds like it should belong in the CT forum

Why else only monitor CO2? The only greenhouse gas that is caused by man? You know, there are, at least, 3 other greenhouse gases which warms earth's 'sphere.

Do you trust other world-renowned scientists who don't believe in AGW climate change? What do you call that science which shuts down all other oppositions to their premise? What do you call that science when the science is up for debate?..I call it ideology. It ain't science.

Sorry, I misunderstood. The school is indeed teaching (or at least preaching) an ideology but beyond that, it’s requiring all students to follow that ideology in and out of school.

That debate doesn’t really matter in this context. If you can identify another school imposing any ideology upon their students to a similar extent, I’d question them in the same manner.

I would. That’s why I’m not convinced your example has actually happened.
Just like public schools are trying to enforce the ideology of it's teachings in AGW climate change and automatic gun banning, for examples, outside of schools? You keep on proving my point.:roll:

The only thing "absurd and damaging" here is people's willingness to cast aspersions on a school they know nothing about, on the say-so of a student whose history with the school they know nothing about, for a judgment that quite possibly has nothing to do with what the student and her parents claim it does.

The Friendly Atheist Used Car Deals. Come buy what we're selling. Single photo of each car viewable online 24/7 along with our 100% honest 240-point inspection. In-person visits, test drives, and independent mechanical inspections not available. Cash only. No refunds.

Well, it is pair for the course that some people will excuse all sort of bigotry if it is a religious institution that is doing that. I don't think that religious institutions should be given a free pass for bad behavior. Other than that what you have is what is known as 'straw man', and 'weak analogy'.

Just like public schools are trying to enforce the ideology of it's teachings in AGW climate change and automatic gun banning, for examples, outside of schools? You keep on proving my point.:roll:

And the theory of evolution!

Last edited:
And the theory of evolution!

What about the theory of evolution? How did the theory of evolution start, for example? Did the first particle just appear from another dimension, for example? How did the big bang theory start? Hum?

When has a conservationist been concerned with Methane, water vapor or Nitrous Oxide?

When haven't they? On the other hand, when it comes to the gas that is most added to the atmosphere via human activity, it is CO2 , followed by methane.

What about the theory of evolution? How did the theory of evolution start, for example? Did the first particle just appear from another dimension, for example? How did the big bang theory start? Hum?

An invisible sky wizard did it of course.

When haven't they? On the other hand, when it comes to the gas that is most added to the atmosphere via human activity, it is CO2 , followed by methane.

What about the green house gas that is most in abundance in the 'sphere? Water vapor? Why are you ignoring water vapor? Because it isn't created by man's activity? Because the potency of CO2 in trapping heat in earth's atmosphere is so much stronger than water vapor? I know you don't have proof...

I digress. This doesn't belong in this thread.

What about the green house gas that is most in abundance in the 'sphere? Water vapor? Why are you ignoring water vapor? Because it isn't created by man's activity? Because the potency of CO2 in trapping heat in earth's atmosphere is so much stronger than water vapor? I know you don't have proof...

I digress. This doesn't belong in this thread.
It's a safe be that whatever you do to earn a living, that your occupation has nothing to do with academics or science..

What are you talking about? You’ve not even demonstrated any examples of those things being taught as ideology anywhere, let alone that there are any schools with a policy that allows students to be expelled if they fail to follow the ideology outside of school nor any schools where such a policy has been applied in a similar manner to this case.

Again, if you can provide actual examples of any equivalent to this case based on any ideology, I’ll be more than happy to question those schools actions in exactly the same way. Until and unless you actually provide those examples though, you’ve proved nothing.

An invisible sky wizard did it of course.

As good an explanation of the cause of the big bang as dark energy which scientists consider as the front runner for the cause of the big bang. Scientists are currently testing the presence of substances deep in the earth (and I mean about a mile deep) to determine if dark energy was around during the big bang and how much dark energy still exists. Think of that...Scientists are considering invisible particles of energy as the causers of the big bang.:roll:

Coming from another dimension is a more plausible answer for the big bang, IMO, but hasn't been proven, either.

I digress. You can carry on without me.

What are you talking about? You’ve not even demonstrated any examples of those things being taught as ideology anywhere, let alone that there are any schools with a policy that allows students to be expelled if they fail to follow the ideology outside of school nor any schools where such a policy has been applied in a similar manner to this case.

Again, if you can provide actual examples of any equivalent to this case based on any ideology, I’ll be more than happy to question those schools actions in exactly the same way. Until and unless you actually provide those examples though, you’ve proved nothing.

I can only use personal experience as proof.
This deals with disagreeing with a teacher in a college class.
A student sitting next to me was dismayed at the ideology taught by the teacher and I told him not to take the teacher's words seriously but go along to get a better grade.
The teacher heard this and kicked me out of her class.

Do teachers teach ideology? Yes. Do teachers punish those who don't participate in their ideology? Yes.

Another example at the same college: A professor of one of my classes would start each lecture with these words:
Liberals are great. How can they not be great? The word liberal is in the name which describes them...This was an English class, BTW.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom