• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chris Christie throws Trump under bus

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) said Sunday that he wouldn’t have commuted President Trump associate Roger Stone.

ABC’s George Stephanopoulos asked Christie, who sat on the roundtable panel for “This Week,” whether commuting Stone’s sentence was “the right thing to do.”

“Well, I wouldn’t have done it, George, because I don’t think that the facts that surround the Stone prosecution support the idea of any type of clemency,” the former governor said.

Chris Christie: I wouldn't have commuted Roger Stone sentence | TheHill

Everyone sees Trump as a loser because of the polls. Christie wouldn't have dared thrown Trump under the bus two months ago.

Do you think Christie is right?

Everyone sees Trump as a loser because of the polls. Christie wouldn't have dared thrown Trump under the bus two months ago.

Mitt Romney is driving that bus...

'Unprecedented, Historic Corruption': Romney Joins Critics Of Stone's Commutation

"An American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying to shield that very president," Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, tweeted Saturday morning, describing the move as "unprecedented, historic corruption."​

Christie is an opportunist.

Mitt Romney is driving that bus...

'Unprecedented, Historic Corruption': Romney Joins Critics Of Stone's Commutation

"An American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying to shield that very president," Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, tweeted Saturday morning, describing the move as "unprecedented, historic corruption."​

Seems both Christie and Romney have to pretend not to know things so they can make this political.

So it goes...

Donald Trump is simply corrupt down to his core. It's everything he is.

If you're an American and you don't want this kind of corruption at the top of our government you certainly don't vote for him. If you do want the corruption to continue then you cast your vote for him.

It's as simple as that.

Any of Christie’s actions involve someone who said that if they had rolled over on the governor, things would have gone easier on them?

Or involved the governor at all?

Stone is a known liar (as are many in DC) but it appears that you would take him at his word on that (bolded above) assertion. I don't agree with any clemency - it simply takes power away from a jury's decision. I do appreciate Trump's timing since, unlike those like Christie who issue clemency and pardons as they leave office, it let's the voters decide whether that clemency/pardon makes Trump no longer worthy of their vote.

Stone is a known liar (as are many in DC) but it appears that you would take him at his word on that (bolded above) assertion. I don't agree with any clemency - it simply takes power away from a jury's decision. I do appreciate Trump's timing since, unlike those like Christie who issue clemency and pardons as they leave office, it let's the voters decide whether that clemency/pardon makes Trump no longer worthy of their vote.

Trump isnt known for being smart.

So it is OK to you that trump gave clemency to a liar. Especially if he told a lie about you. And sure the voters will decide. 33%of the voter don’t care what the heck trump does. They are going to vote for him no matter what

I saw Chris Krusty on George Snuglupgus's show today making the same declaration. I have to admit, that surprised me, since Krusty usually been a huge (forgive the pun) trump-fluffer.

That doesn't change the fact that Stone was convicted by a jury for interfering with the investigation that involved Trump, or the man who gave him clemency. And then Stone told us this, directly, and Trump granted him clemency. So it's not like we have to believe Stone - that's was what he was convicted of doing - what the jury told us he was guilty of doing.

The GOP as a whole seems totally fine with the guy being investigated granting clemency to people who didn't rat him out, so it's mob ethics, and that's now the principle defended by GOP leadership. And yes, we're pointing this out as a reason to crawl on broken glass if necessary to get rid of a man and a party that now embraces mob ethics as a principle of justice.

It wasn't Christie's decision to make. And that being said, before Christie left office he pardoned a former New Jersey police officer who was convicted of obstruction of justice for accessing a federal criminal database as a favor to a neighbor.

So there's that then....

Why do you appreciate his timing? He did not have the luxury of waiting til January, as Stone was to go to prison this week.

Why do you appreciate his timing? He did not have the luxury of waiting til January, as Stone was to go to prison this week.

OMG! Stone might have had to spend 4 months in prison for 7 felony convictions. ;)

BTW, what you quoted contains that answer.

OMG! Stone might have had to spend 4 months in prison for 7 felony convictions. ;)

BTW, what you quoted contains that answer.

As we see on this thread there are many Trump syncophants who applaud him for the corrupt move. His base does not give two hoots about Trump's corruption, and the idea that he is to be admired for doing it so shamelessly is ludicrous.

The deal was Stone would not serve time if he did not roll over. Four months is time. Wasn't going to happen.

I saw Chris Krusty on George Snuglupgus's show today making the same declaration. I have to admit, that surprised me, since Krusty usually been a huge (forgive the pun) trump-fluffer.

Dude's flipped flopped on being in like with trrump and out. I think he just waffles to resurrect his political career. He'll have evidence of speaking however he wants to present it in the future.

Seems both Christie and Romney have to pretend not to know things so they can make this political.

So it goes...

So you don't think Stone was convicted of 7 felonies by a jury of his peers?

So you don't think Stone was convicted of 7 felonies by a jury of his peers?

Oh...sure...he was convicted in a trumped up kangaroo court, but that's not what those two are pretending not to know.

Oh...sure...he was convicted in a trumped up kangaroo court, but that's not what those two are pretending not to know.

So that is what you think of our justice system under Trump? That is nothing but "kangaroo courts"? Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom