• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chipotle bans guns in restaurants

The problem is that open carry of a (modern) handgun is now illegal in Texas even with a CHL. ;)

Here is the newest OC Texas plan:

OC in public isn't legal in my state either, unless you're out hunting in the field. I don't think we can even do black powder revolvers either.

But getting it legalized is a political problem, and not one that is going to be solved by scaring people that might otherwise have some interest in the cause.

OC in public isn't legal in my state either, unless you're out hunting in the field. I don't think we can even do black powder revolvers either.

But getting it legalized is a political problem, and not one that is going to be solved by scaring people that might otherwise have some interest in the cause.

Since it is just for appearance then perhaps a (far cheaper) BB/pellet pistol would suffice. ;)

I don't like Glocks, I am a fan of external safeties for my own carry needs. I'm not in the market right now, I will do more research into my conceal piece at a later date when I'm ready to buy another piece. Glock is a fine gun, just not for my own comfort. I do like the Sigs though, fantastic weapons.

Well if you like the external safety then the SP2022 isn't for you. There is no external safety, however there's an internal safety on the firing pin, so it will not discharge unless the trigger is pulled. Personally, I'd rather not have a safety. My firearm stays in the holster at all times (unless of course I need it) so the trigger is inaccessible. Despite that fact, I carry in Double Action most of the time and this gun has a long and heavy DA pull. So that said it's hard to not realize you're firing the gun.

As far as the range goes, following your standard firearm safety rules should take care of the rest.

Well if you like the external safety then the SP2022 isn't for you. There is no external safety, however there's an internal safety on the firing pin, so it will not discharge unless the trigger is pulled. Personally, I'd rather not have a safety. My firearm stays in the holster at all times (unless of course I need it) so the trigger is inaccessible. Despite that fact, I carry in Double Action most of the time and this gun has a long and heavy DA pull. So that said it's hard to not realize you're firing the gun.

As far as the range goes, following your standard firearm safety rules should take care of the rest.
Ah, gotcha. The only reason I don't like internal safety is the off chance the firearm catches a loose piece of clothing or another foreign object. I've heard horror stories about NGs from just such a thing. I trust my handling of the gun, just like to have a little insurance.

Ah, gotcha. The only reason I don't like internal safety is the off chance the firearm catches a loose piece of clothing or another foreign object. I've heard horror stories about NGs from just such a thing. I trust my handling of the gun, just like to have a little insurance.

Yeah I can see that. My only concern is that in a "dynamic critical incident", as my firearms instructer would have put it, it takes time to remember and flip the safety off, time which we may not have. So better just to have a holster that encloses the trigger and to keep that finger well away from it until ready to fire.

Chipotle bans guns after social media campaign

Saw this on the daily show so here's the story, a few days ok these two guys walked into a Chipotle and while I dont know if they were customers or just there to take a photo they unnerved several other customers and resulted in an online campaign that asked the restaurant to ban firearms in their buildings.

inside-chipotle630.jpg

So topics for discussion:

1) Do you think that Chipotle should be allowed to do this?

2) Are these guys just attention whores? (The answer is yes)

3) How do you decide if these guys are just two regular dudes or some sort of criminal? I recall several people on these forums saying if they saw a robber come in with a gun they'd shoot right away because who know what he's willing to do for money, well if you saw these guys walk in would you start shooting? What if they just turned out to be looking for a dumb facebook photo?

4) Why the hell does this guy have a collapsible buttstock on a firearm with such a long barrel?

4) LMAO!!! Do you know what cheek weld is?

Yeah I can see that. My only concern is that in a "dynamic critical incident", as my firearms instructer would have put it, it takes time to remember and flip the safety off, time which we may not have. So better just to have a holster that encloses the trigger and to keep that finger well away from it until ready to fire.
My current piece has a slide safety, so I developed the habit of flipping it on a draw to compensate. I've worked with safeties for so long it's just a muscle reflex now.

Back
Top Bottom