• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Checking Gingrich that Dodd-Frank is destroying community banks

I asked a simple question based on the posters comment that a .57% ROA is healthy and Gingrich is wrong for saying otherwise. Why should I answer the question?

ok
i hear you
you don't have an explanation to explain what you posted

no facts either
no extra credit for you

Ummmm...either you are not following the logic or you are diverting. Not sure which.

Your logic is flawed, because you're trying to take the stripes off the skunk and trying to call it a rabbit. The fact is that the Franky-Doody fans don't have a single number to prove their point, where as the BTC's have lots of numbers.

I think you realize the difference, but you had to make the comparison to protect your Libbo street cred. Let me be the first to say, that it's perfectly ok to let you inner-conservative come out; we'll welcome with open arms and pirogue paddles, if you wish. ;)

ok
i hear you
you don't have an explanation to explain what you posted

no facts either
no extra credit for you

I asked a question, why should I have an explanation for asking a question?

Your logic is flawed, because you're trying to take the stripes off the skunk and trying to call it a rabbit. The fact is that the Franky-Doody fans don't have a single number to prove their point, where as the BTC's have lots of numbers.

I think you realize the difference, but you had to make the comparison to protect your Libbo street cred. Let me be the first to say, that it's perfectly ok to let you inner-conservative come out; we'll welcome with open arms and pirogue paddles, if you wish. ;)

Actually, all the evidence is that tax cuts do not increase revenue. There is no conclusive evidence of any actual effect of Dodd-Frank that I know of.

The difference being, there are actual numbers that prove that tax revenue hit record highs after the tax cuts; here, the supporters of Franky-Doody don't have a pot to piss in.
This is not true, not even conservative economists believe this BS.

Actually, all the evidence is that tax cuts do not increase revenue.

Who cares it it raises revenue? I like tax cuts because people can keep more of their earnings, and if it strangles government of funds.....call it a twofer.

Who cares it it raises revenue? I like tax cuts because people can keep more of their earnings, and if it strangles government of funds.....call it a twofer.

But, but... we went to war. (Twice) You supported that.

And now that our current balance is running up interest, you have NO desire to pay the tab??

Are all far-rights deadbeats?

Also, all those great drugs Bush started giving to the seniors. Sorry, Charlie, but we have to pay for that too.

Thanks W.

And now that our current balance is running up interest, you have NO desire to pay the tab??

Also, all those great drugs Bush started giving to the seniors. Sorry, Charlie, but we have to pay for that too.

Thanks W.
I am pretty certain I pay in one year what you will pay in your lifetime. Save the "Fair Share" silliness for someone it applies to.

I am pretty certain I pay in one year what you will pay in your lifetime. Save the "Fair Share" silliness for someone it applies to.

I'm pretty sure you're full of sh*t, let alone yourself. :lol:

But since you don't know, and know one has been willing to do your research for you, I'll help you out. The average ROA for community banks in 2007 was .81. From that point until 2010, the figure fell off a cliff, reaching a low of -0.1%. Since 2010 ... and concurrent with the passage of Dodd-Frank, there has been a sharp rise in ROA and financial stabiity in general.

Thanks for playing.

I can not be responsible for how they internalize their own failures....and this OP is an epic failure.

Actually, you are calling PolitiFact a failure. Is there some sort of data you would like to add or are you just trolling?

But since you don't know, and know one has been willing to do your research for you, I'll help you out. The average ROA for community banks in 2007 was .81. From that point until 2010, the figure fell off a cliff, reaching a low of -0.1%. Since 2010 ... and concurrent with the passage of Dodd-Frank, there has been a sharp rise in ROA and financial stabiity in general.

Thanks for playing.

How silly is it to talk about the impacts of Dodd-Frank when the regulations have not yet been put in place.

Thanks W.

What was your tax bill last year. A round number will do.

Thanks for playing.

You gotta link, or are we just supposed to take your word for it?

This is not true, not even conservative economists believe this BS.

How do you explain the record revenues during the Bush administration? More people were working and paying taxes?

What was your tax bill? What are you the IRS? Shouldn't you be driving a truck right now?

I'm out of hours. You don't want me violating the law, do you?

Please show me the last time you posted a link anywhere.

I posted one in this thread.

How do you explain the record revenues during the Bush administration? More people were working and paying taxes?

You should probably do a little research if you don't understand this. There are record tax revenues almost every single year, except during recessions. The reason is fairly obvious: inflation, rising population, and an expanding economy. In other words, if you maintain the same tax rate and you're not in a recession, you will set revenue records every single year.

However, when the Bush tax went through, revenue actually dropped for several years, which is generally unheard of. Eventually revenues recovered and started rising again, as they always do, but they did not rise to the point where they would have been without the tax cuts. The people who wrote Bush's tax plan do not dispute this.

I asked a question, why should I have an explanation for asking a question?

nope, you made a statement. this one
I can not be responsible for how they internalize their own failures....and this OP is an epic failure.
you can run but you can't hide

once more, tell us exactly what causes this thread to be found by you to be an epic failure

You should probably do a little research if you don't understand this. There are record tax revenues almost every single year, except during recessions. The reason is fairly obvious: inflation, rising population, and an expanding economy. In other words, if you maintain the same tax rate and you're not in a recession, you will set revenue records every single year.

However, when the Bush tax went through, revenue actually dropped for several years, which is generally unheard of. Eventually revenues recovered and started rising again, as they always do, but they did not rise to the point where they would have been without the tax cuts. The people who wrote Bush's tax plan do not dispute this.

When the Bush tax cuts went through, we were in a recession. I understand it, just fine.

Explain to us why revenues recovered. Was it because people were working? Think that might have something to do with it?

When the Bush tax cuts went through, we were in a recession. I understand it, just fine.

Explain to us why revenues recovered. Was it because people were working? Think that might have something to do with it?

Explain to me why you think using revenues unadjusted for inflation is acceptable? With that methodology, every new president will break the record.

I'm pretty sure you'd go broke if you had to pay my taxes... And thanks to W. I still keep more of my income than you do.

They did not recover to the level where they would have been without the tax cuts. That's the point. And they never will until the tax cuts are rolled back, which is inevitable because they are unsustainable.

Back
Top Bottom