• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Charles Manson Dies at 83

Gina

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Not an RIP thread.

[FONT=&quot]Charles Manson, the notorious leader of the Manson Family cult that murdered actress Sharon Tate and six others in 1969, has died in a Bakersfield, Calif., hospital, CBS L.A.reported on Sunday. He was 83.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Manson returned to the hospital in mid-November after being hospitalized in January. He was transferred out of Corcoran State Prison, where he had been serving nine life sentences. He had been denied parole 12 times. [/FONT]
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/charles-manson-dies-at-83/ar-BBFjAE6

Not sad to read of his passing. He caused a lot of pain and suffering. My heart goes out to the surviving family members and friends of his victims.

Good riddance. He was trying to screw with people even from behind bars. He wound up gettin' his a couple years back when it turned out his hot young thing was just trying to get the rights to his corpse when he died so she could make some money off it. I laughed. Almost wish she'd pulled it off, honestly.

Last edited:
Helter Skelter was one of the 100 most important books of my youth.

I dont know how I feel about this.

I might not care.

I don't think you will see many people mourning his passage.

I had a lot of vitriolic thoughts about his passing, but I didn't want to give voice to them And then I wrote that stupid, stupid OP. Of course no one will be sad and some will rejoice.

1 life sentence down, 8 more to go.

All I can say is finally.

The California prison he was in must have been very soft for him to have lasted so long.

A cult leader dies after serving a life sentence for his gruesome acts doesn't deserve a thread.

The good news is, at least he didn't have offspring. :party:2dance:

Daily reminder that Charles Manson never actually killed a single person.

A cult leader dies after serving a life sentence for his gruesome acts doesn't deserve a thread.
Lol he's one of the most iconic figures in criminal history quit being such a whiner this is definitely noteworthy.

Or you know, just scroll past the thread instead of purposefully coming in just to poo-poo at it.

Daily reminder that Charles Manson never actually killed a single person.

Tying someone up and ordering another person to kill them still makes you culpable.

My mother taught me to speak only good of the dead.

Charles Manson is dead. Good.

What a pathetic excuse for a man. Never worked a day in his life. Lived his entire life mooching off all of us. Good riddance little man.

I had a friend's brother who was a prisoner in Corcoran State Prison along with Charlie. He only saw Charlie once during his entire time there and that was just passing by him in a hallway. Charlie of course was with a guard for protection. He described him as a little shriveled up runt.

What a pathetic excuse for a man. Never worked a day in his life. Lived his entire life mooching off all of us. Good riddance little man.

I had a friend's brother who was a prisoner in Corcoran State Prison along with Charlie. He only saw Charlie once during his entire time there and that was just passing by him in a hallway. Charlie of course was with a guard for protection. He described him as a little shriveled up runt.

No sympathy for Charlie but wasn't he another product of a broken home and abusive foster care?

No sympathy for Charlie but wasn't he another product of a broken home and abusive foster care?

Another Ohio native gone bad. Dahmer probably ranks above him, but not by much.

Charles Manson was convicted and sentenced to death in 1971 but benefitted from California abolishing the death penalty shortly thereafter. Pity - he should have been dead 50 plus years ago and a younger generation would know absolutely nothing about him.

Just as an aside, wonder if he'd get away with an insanity defense in today's society/courts. It's hard to argue the man wasn't monumentally insane.

Manson and AIDS were the one-two punch that knocked out the free love sexual revolution of the 60s. Now we're stuck with copping a feel being the equivalent of murder.

Good news. Marilyn Manson must be so bummed.

I don't think you will see many people mourning his passage.

he will. He has a very large cult following even to this day. granted they are older as most kids these days
don't know who that is, but still he has a lot of supporters.

Back
Top Bottom