• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cataclysm!!!

Theres alot less hacking with authentication thats for sure....changing passwords every two weeks helps also.
Theres some people have been hacked several times. I wonder how many people pulled a scam...hack my acct ill get all my stuff back and you give me half of what you hacked...I wonder if that can ever be gotten away with

That's the gamble when investing in a guild, either as a leader or regular member. You can only control for your part of guild security. You have no way of really knowing if everyone else is keeping up their part. The real nut-buster, though, is that even if you do everything you're supposed to, you can still get hacked. You can take every precaution imaginable and there will always be at least one person in the crowd who got hacked anyway.

There is no way to absolutely stop all hacking, but you can do things which make you a more difficult target and not worth an attacker's time.

So, your guild leader was hacked.....and that means what to me? My guild leader was hacked before, I was hacked before, and that didn't stop either of us from buying gold.

If experiencing being hacked ourselves didn't change our behavior, why would you think telling us of someone we will never know being hacked would?

All you can do is all you can do, everything else is just life.

Are you under the misapprehension that I was making some sort of a point? I was challenging the notions that 1. You only get hacked if you're a stooge and 2. No one with authenticators gets hacked.

What do I care if you find the easiest MMO so challenging to make gold in that you have to spend real money and support shady gold sellers/hackers? I quit WoW because they made it too easy mode for the sake of casual gamers like you.

Last edited:
Are you under the misapprehension that I was making some sort of a point? I was challenging the notions that 1. You only get hacked if you're a stooge and 2. No one with authenticators gets hacked.

What do I care if you find the easiest MMO so challenging to make gold in that you have to spend real money and support shady gold sellers/hackers? I quit WoW because they made it too easy mode for the sake of casual gamers like you.

Casual gamer, that's me. I don't have 12 hours a day to devote to a video game. I have a life, which means I don't have time to spend hours farming.

If other games are "harder" because you have to spend long hours in a mind-numbingly boring grind, then you can have them. If I want to grind I'll go buy farmville or minecraft.

Casual gamer, that's me. I don't have 12 hours a day to devote to a video game. I have a life, which means I don't have time to spend hours farming.

Who's talking about 12 hours a day, or even 6 hours a day? You've got about the same misconceptions about hardcore gamers as Jack Thompson, or your average baby boomer.

And yeah, I'm well aware of your "life"....

If other games are "harder" because you have to spend long hours in a mind-numbingly boring grind, then you can have them. If I want to grind I'll go buy farmville or minecraft.

No mind numbingly boring grind, just things like:
  • Items that take real skill to acquire, that sometimes no longer drop on the server and retain their value. I hate that Blizzard will later have a vendor sell a set, and that it becomes obsolete next raid season/expansion.
  • A real death penalty, making it so casuals and newbies hit a glass ceiling they cannot overcome leaving the high level groups free of failures.

Last edited:
Who's talking about 12 hours a day, or even 6 hours a day? You've got about the same misconceptions about hardcore gamers as Jack Thompson, or your average baby boomer.

• Items that take real skill to acquire, that sometimes no longer drop on the server and retain their value. I hate that Blizzard will later have a vendor sell a set, and that it becomes obsolete next raid season/expansion.
  • A real death penalty, making it so casuals and newbies hit a glass ceiling they cannot overcome leaving the high level groups free of failures.

See, people keep talking about these games, but they never name them. It means you're just talking out of your ass.

I would love a game where I never had to "farm" or "grind". That's my whole issue with WoW. That's my whole motivation for buying gold.

I could have bought Honor, but I didn't because PvP was fun. Same thing.

Last edited:

Misconceptions by babyboomers, I beg your pardon I was a hardcorp gamer before the term was created...I was a pinball wizard and got thrown out of school because I missed to many days trying to break a record...which I did :p

Having said that I agree with you and I disagree with you about wow. I am a day one player and I had FULL AQ40 gear So I remember "back in the day", but you need to remember a few things...it was 60 levels not 85 and an epic mount cost 540 gold with rep deductions...no 5k flying 1k coldweather, another 1k to fly in vanilla..etc.
The reduction in difficulty is simple to understand...you cant bring a newbie into the game and make it take him a year to get to 85 and another 4 months getting geared. Blizzard had to make a business decision...they would lose players in droves if they allowed it to take too long...Making it faster to lvl was more their plan than making it easier but both go hand in hand right ?
Lachean, remember being a noob? being dazed and confused, I do..there was a learning curve...imagine that learning curve today? You make a game harder for school kids than school..lol....they aint gonna play it.
What hurt wow more than anything else to me..was allowing horde and alliance toons on one server. They should have never done that...but all the 25.00 transfers was a business decision so as not to raise the monthly fees that would make them lose alot of kids that cant afford it..so they make their money off guys like me that can afford the 25 bucks and its voluntary.

Misconceptions by babyboomers, I beg your pardon I was a hardcorp gamer before the term was created...I was a pinball wizard and got thrown out of school because I missed to many days trying to break a record...which I did :p

Having said that I agree with you and I disagree with you about wow. I am a day one player and I had FULL AQ40 gear So I remember "back in the day", but you need to remember a few things...it was 60 levels not 85 and an epic mount cost 540 gold with rep deductions...no 5k flying 1k coldweather, another 1k to fly in vanilla..etc.
The reduction in difficulty is simple to understand...you cant bring a newbie into the game and make it take him a year to get to 85 and another 4 months getting geared. Blizzard had to make a business decision...they would lose players in droves if they allowed it to take too long...Making it faster to lvl was more their plan than making it easier but both go hand in hand right ?
Lachean, remember being a noob? being dazed and confused, I do..there was a learning curve...imagine that learning curve today? You make a game harder for school kids than school..lol....they aint gonna play it.
What hurt wow more than anything else to me..was allowing horde and alliance toons on one server. They should have never done that...but all the 25.00 transfers was a business decision so as not to raise the monthly fees that would make them lose alot of kids that cant afford it..so they make their money off guys like me that can afford the 25 bucks and its voluntary.

I didn't know they ever disallowed horde and ali toons on the same server. That is interesting.

Another service Blizz makes a fortune on is their Celestial Steed. A new player who might be able to come up with 4g at lvl20 for the ride training might have a lot more difficulty also coming up with the 40g for the mount itself. A player can drop $25 in the Blizz store and instantly have the only mount they'll ever need; and all the characters they ever create will receive it.

Where are all the 'hard core' player whining about others being to lazy/stupid to farm the gold to buy a mount in-game, opting instead to drop a credit card and have a mount right away?

Last edited:
I didn't know they ever disallowed horde and ali toons on the same server. That is interesting.

Another service Blizz makes a fortune on is their Celestial Steed. A new player who might be able to come up with 4g at lvl20 for the ride training might have a lot more difficulty also coming up with the 40g for the mount itself. A player can drop $25 in the Blizz store and instantly have the only mount they'll ever need; and all the characters they ever create will receive it.

Where are all the 'hard core' player whining about others being to lazy/stupid to farm the gold to buy a mount in-game, opting instead to drop a credit card and have a mount right away?

In vanilla wow jerry there were no transfers allowed..if you wanted to go to another server you re rolled there and left your other toons on that server...there were no mounts you could buy outside of faction mounts or pets.

In vanilla wow jerry there were no transfers allowed..if you wanted to go to another server you re rolled there and left your other toons on that server...there were no mounts you could buy outside of faction mounts or pets.

I was speaking more to the people who come to threads like these and bitch about how lazy players are.

See, people keep talking about these games, but they never name them. It means you're just talking out of your ass.

I would love a game where I never had to "farm" or "grind". That's my whole issue with WoW. That's my whole motivation for buying gold.

I could have bought Honor, but I didn't because PvP was fun. Same thing.

MMO's are about farming and grinding, I never claimed to be engaging in otherwise. Just not a "mind-numbingly boring grind. "There are tons of MMO's where the grind isn't boring at all, I consider WoW being one of them. Its easy as hell to get to the level cap and make money fast. Also, ever heard of Rift? If your issue with WoW is the grind, perhaps you don't like MMO's, perhaps you just like having a geared avatar.

But yeah, I'm the one talking out of my ass right? QQ more Jerry, QQ More.

Last edited:
MMO's are about farming and grinding, I never claimed to be engaging in otherwise. Just not a "mind-numbingly boring grind. "There are tons of MMO's where the grind isn't boring at all, I consider WoW being one of them.

Well, I don't.

Also, ever heard of Rift?

Yeah last I knew they don't allow addons, at least not yet. I'll look at Rift again when they have a healthy selection of addons available.

If your issue with WoW is the grind, perhaps you don't like MMO's, perhaps you just like having a geared avatar.

As I said, the ginde to get PvP, verious reputations and PvE curencies is fun.

It's the gind for gold I take issue with.

But yeah, I'm the one talking out of my ass right?

Pretty much, yeah.

Yes. What about it?

I bought rift played a week...it kept crashing and Tech support for them is clueless...I canceled the acct

I bought rift played a week...it kept crashing and Tech support for them is clueless...I canceled the acct

my daughter and her fiance have been playing Rift for a month or so with no issues so far. I am thinking of making the switch.

Bad news from you, good news from Oscar. Now I need somebody to tell me if I can solo, craft and level as happily as I do in WoW.

Bad news from you, good news from Oscar. Now I need somebody to tell me if I can solo, craft and level as happily as I do in WoW.

I thought crafting in WoW sucked major ass

"Sucked major ass" could mean almost anything so maybe you could be more specific.

"Sucked major ass" could mean almost anything so maybe you could be more specific.

The materials cost more than the finished product, making it imposable to turn a profit or even have the profession just pay for itself.

That's valid. So - it's different, in Rift?

The materials cost more than the finished product, making it imposable to turn a profit or even have the profession just pay for itself.

also the number and variety of products you could create was very limited, when compared to other games like EQ

Well, I don't.

Yeah last I knew they don't allow addons, at least not yet. I'll look at Rift again when they have a healthy selection of addons available.

As I said, the ginde to get PvP, verious reputations and PvE curencies is fun.

It's the gind for gold I take issue with.

Pretty much, yeah.

Tbh...I don't like addons very much. At one point in WoW arena you could see what spec all of your opponents were right out of the gate, now there's a mod that tells you who is casting on you and what as soon as they start. That's ABSURD. Some peoples UI's are so cluttered the mods basically play for them. Idk, as a pvper, I hate ridiculous advantages that lower the skill cap like that.

MMO's are about farming and grinding, I never claimed to be engaging in otherwise. Just not a "mind-numbingly boring grind. "There are tons of MMO's where the grind isn't boring at all, I consider WoW being one of them. Its easy as hell to get to the level cap and make money fast. Also, ever heard of Rift? If your issue with WoW is the grind, perhaps you don't like MMO's, perhaps you just like having a geared avatar.

But yeah, I'm the one talking out of my ass right? QQ more Jerry, QQ More.

I don't think City of Heroes/Villains has that much of a farming/grind aspect to it. If it does, it certainly isn't boring!

Tbh...I don't like addons very much. At one point in WoW arena you could see what spec all of your opponents were right out of the gate, now there's a mod that tells you who is casting on you and what as soon as they start. That's ABSURD. Some peoples UI's are so cluttered the mods basically play for them. Idk, as a pvper, I hate ridiculous advantages that lower the skill cap like that.

Addons that manipulate your bags, empty all your mail with 1 button click, sell all your gray items whenever you visit any vendor, customize chat, or just change the appearance of the UI offer no functional advantage.

Raid guilds often require a threat-meter, or something like Deadly Boss Mods, so you had to pick up those addons just to get a seat in a raid. You need ot grab Recount to work on your own DPS or HPS.

I personally used a heads up display such as IceHud which moved unit frames from the corner of the screen and into my sight picture. Another called Doom Cool-down Pulse which moved the notification of various spells coming off of cool-down from the bottom of my screen and into my sight picture.

As a guild service I would regularly use one of my lvl85s to group up with some low level toons and help them quest. When we formed these groups I asked that they have QuestAnnouncer or similar addon so that we didn't have to constantly stop and figure out who still needed what for which quest.

And then there's Healbot. IMO you can't heal without that addon, or something very close, PvP or otherwise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom