• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Can you say.... October Suprise for Mittens?

So you don't consider the term 'half-breed' racist? And people wonder why we consider those on the Far Right to be ...uh....racially insensitive. I suppose by your definition, anybody who isn't a half breed would be a pure bred? Like you, for example?

I guess the Cher tune really effected you?

When you have something to say that isn't scripted by the Republican National Committee, I will.

What a cheap, counterproductive, and patently false waste of text.

So you don't consider the term 'half-breed' racist? And people wonder why we consider those on the Far Right to be ...uh....racially insensitive. I suppose by your definition, anybody who isn't a half breed would be a pure bred? Like you, for example?

Another assumption about my race. To answer question, I'm not ALL black. I have some Houma indian in me.

Another assumption about my race. To answer question, I'm not ALL black. I have some Houma indian in me.

Hell, I'm not even a "half breed", I'm straight mutt.

So then you presumably don't mind people calling you a half breed? That's a rhetorical question, by the way.

What a cheap, counterproductive, and patently false waste of text.

Actually, it isn't. You're just as partisan as the rest of us. The difference is, you don't admit it. However, when every one of your political posts is a spirited defense of Mitt Romney, an attack on Barack Obama, or both, it's not really hard to figure out.

I guess the Cher tune really effected you?

No, I was more affected by the Civil Rights movement of the 1960's and the casual way racists threw terms like half-breed around.

No, I was more affected by the Civil Rights movement of the 1960's and the casual way racists threw terms like half-breed around.

Yea...those Libs are haters..I understand..

So then you presumably don't mind people calling you a half breed? That's a rhetorical question, by the way.

Do I have a chip on my shoulder? No, I don't.

Well, that's surprising - considering the two hundred years your people were held in slavery and then the hundred years you were subjected to Jim Crow laws....oh wait....none of those things happened to you because of your heritage, did they?

The racial insensitivity of the Far Right is one of those constants in life that we can always count on.

Actually, it isn't. You're just as partisan as the rest of us. The difference is, you don't admit it. However, when every one of your political posts is a spirited defense of Mitt Romney, an attack on Barack Obama, or both, it's not really hard to figure out.

I've defended Obama on several occasions, and I've challenged Romney on several others. And, unlike some, I have the decency to respect that others disagree with my opinion without repeatedly and immediately calling them names and making baseless, blind accusations of their character.

It isn't foolish to expect people to follow the law and the ethical code of PWC. If the information was "stolen" by an employee of PWC then PWC is open for a massive law suit, and Romney's got the money to see that suit all the way through to the end. If it "stolen" by an outsider than PWC is in even bigger legal trouble for not properly securing and disposing of sensitive financial information.

So "plausible explanation" or not, somebody has violated the law in a major way, and PWCs role in that violation could lead to some significant trouble for them. My guess is they'll be working very hard to find the leak or weakness and eradicate it. And all Romney needs to do is say he has faith that PWC and the authorities will handle this instance of illegality professionally and quickly.

And he still has no reason to release his tax records. If he did, it would be a massive sign of weakness, showing him bending to the will of criminals. How would that character trait influence him on foreign policy or domestic terrorism?? Threats against the country? No. Politically, his best bet is to focus on catching the criminals involved. Anything else is suicide for him.

He has a reason NOT to release them, clearly. But, yes, whoever stole them should be prosecuted. I wonder if Ryan got to see them, you know, quid pro quo.

I've defended Obama on several occasions, and I've challenged Romney on several others. And, unlike some, I have the decency to respect that others disagree with my opinion without repeatedly and immediately calling them names and making baseless, blind accusations of their character.

Any accusations about someone's political leanings (not character) I make are based on a history of reading a lot of their posts. They are never baseless.

As long as it is a distraction from discussing Obama's record, the democrats will get that proverbial "thrill up their leg" every time.

Let's discuss his record, I am happy to. So is he. Republicans don't discuss his record, they discuss his nationality, his wife's clothing choices, his childhood schooling, anything to avoid discussing his factual record. Please note that
republican doesn't equal conservative.

Well, that's surprising - considering the two hundred years your people were held in slavery and then the hundred years you were subjected to Jim Crow laws....oh wait....none of those things happened to you because of your heritage, did they?

The racial insensitivity of the Far Right is one of those constants in life that we can always count on.

How long will be have to apologize for slavery? Here's my idea to end it once and for all. every ex slave owner in america shall pay one million dollars to every ex slave in america.

would that work for you?

Let's discuss his record, I am happy to. So is he. Republicans don't discuss his record, they discuss his nationality, his wife's clothing choices, his childhood schooling, anything to avoid discussing his factual record. Please note that
republican doesn't equal conservative.

I see you rose from the basement, too cold and dank for you?

now about obama's record:

highest unemployment for the longest period in our history
highest debt in history
1 trillion deficit every year
lied to you about gitmo
lied to you about lobbyists in his admin
lied to you about putting the healthcare debate on c-span
57 states
corpseman
no budget in 4 years
gas prices doubled
home values down 30%
fewer people working now than when he took over
failed stimulus
failed auto bailout

I see you rose from the basement, too cold and dank for you?

now about obama's record:

highest unemployment for the longest period in our history
highest debt in history
1 trillion deficit every year
lied to you about gitmo
lied to you about lobbyists in his admin
lied to you about putting the healthcare debate on c-span
57 states
corpseman
no budget in 4 years
gas prices doubled
home values down 30%
fewer people working now than when he took over
failed stimulus
failed auto bailout

Dear bobcat, you are so far off on your "list" that it,s going take awhile to address all your points. First of all, gas prices have doubled since when? In August of 2008' national average gas prices were 3.78.

Next, let's remember what happened to the auto industry.....HIGHER gas prices in 2003 to 2008 caused a severe downturn in purchases of trucks, SUVs and larger cars, along with the credit crunch. Good thing Obama has taken steps to increase the CAFE standards.

Bailout.....hmmm....GM just repaid the last of its government loans. Please explain your word "failure".

Highest unemployment for the longest time in our history? Huh? I suppose your forgetting about the thirties?

Home values down 30? BINGO........I guess Obama didn't slow the bush freight train quickly enough. And now, there are signs home prices are starting to rebound.

I need a break.

Dear bobcat, you are so far off on your "list" that it,s going take awhile to address all your points. First of all, gas prices have doubled since when? In August of 2008' national average gas prices were 3.78.

Next, let's remember what happened to the auto industry.....HIGHER gas prices in 2003 to 2008 caused a severe downturn in purchases of trucks, SUVs and larger cars, along with the credit crunch. Good thing Obama has taken steps to increase the CAFE standards.

Bailout.....hmmm....GM just repaid the last of its government loans. Please explain your word "failure".

Highest unemployment for the longest time in our history? Huh? I suppose your forgetting about the thirties?

Home values down 30? BINGO........I guess Obama didn't slow the bush freight train quickly enough. And now, there are signs home prices are starting to rebound.

I need a break.

GM paid off the loan? thats a total lie...like most of your post.. total nonsense sorry to say..

How is it racist?...dude!

It is a disparaging slur meant to insult or belittle one based on their race or ethnic background.

Have a nice day.

It is a disparaging slur meant to insult or belittle one based on their race or ethnic background.

Have a nice day.

"mixed race" is a racial slur, now? :lamo

I hope the blackmailers are brought to justice.
as an aside, I really can't believe that folks in this thread are actually arguing Romney should give in to the pressure of blackmailers... damn, partisanship makes people do/say some stupid ****.

Back
Top Bottom