• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can Dems be any more out of touch? No, they can't.

We understand exactly what it is your ilk want to do and we're going to sabotage it.

Perfect.

Instead of 4 years of Trump, it'll be 8. And after that, who knows? Maybe we'll elect somebody even worse. Mel Gibson, maybe, lol.

Because you and YOUR ilk are doing EVERYTHING in your power to become less and less relevant.

Grow up. Not just you. Your party. Grow up.

Just curious on one point,
If trump says he is going to deport those illegals that are criminals firs,t how is he going to do that? I ask because supposedly we do not know who illegals are so hence we do not know which are the criminals, something does not add up there logically.
Anyone have an answer to that?

We know who the illegals are. We know who the criminals are. 1+1= See ya.

He can't do it alone. He has to convince congress.

Its hard to say about that

When obama tried to cut off funding to states and schools that passed anti transgender bathroom laws he was forced to back down

However the president has descretion about sending money appropriated by congress

True. They just want to exploit them as much as illegal aliens want to exploit the country they illegally entered and live in.

They don't want us to become any more of a police state than we already are.

They don't want us to become any more of a police state than we already are.

Holding people accountable for their actions and decisions is not an indicator of being a police state. It's no doubt a foreign concept to the average Progressive, but so is personal responsibility and consequences.

As such, your answer has no basis in reality.

I guess you'll be here a long time late, as you're still struggling to familiarize yourself with it.

Which tells me you never asked what would be result of trying to shift several million people.

I'm not exactly surprised.

Which tells me you never asked what would be result of trying to shift several million people.

Oh please.

Why should anyone care about several million people who came here illegally to exploit the citizens who legally live here?

The result of ridding the country of these illegal aliens would be incredibly positive. It would immediately free up $10's of billions every month to be directed to critical projects like infrastructure and education. It would ease overcrowding in jails and prisons, which is causing States to spend billions to expand. It would immediately decrease the unemployment rate in economically challenged communities.

Bottom line, the removal of several million illegal aliens would have a tremendous positive impact on the economy, education, and growth.

I am all for "Legal Immigration" through proper channels..

I also think there should be standards set as well.. a person has to be healthy, have some sort of financial stability, A sponsor would be nice..

As far as the illegals goes,, I wonder how many of the members of this site ( that are all for it) have gone out and selected an illegal immigrant, brought them into your home, fed them, clothed them, gave them money to live on, Let them stay until they can find a job.. All without knowing that persons history... Would you trust an unknown with your kids? I bet the number of you that have is really small, if not zero.

I wonder how many on this site ( again those that support unlimited Immigration) would give up his/her job for a qualified illegal..

djl

It talks about both.
LOL...

I pulled it up earlier on my laptop. Now it is asking me to "subscribe" or "log in" to see the article on my tower. I was going to double check. What I read, I didn't notice any clarification. maybe I missed it.

I hope trump will cut off all federal funds to sanctuary cities.

He says that is his intention. Time will tell if the establishment in Congress will back him up on that.

These are the moments I come here for.

Reality, what a concept.

I don't think you grasp the meaning of reality. Just letting illegal events happen without attempting to mitigate them, is not "reality." It is closer to "apathy," in that you don't care about the long term effects of the nation. You are blinded only to the immediate plight of poor people, with no regard for the damage they do, and are deluded into thinking you care...

I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you. It's an amazing investment opportunity, as good as gold...

You don't appear to know what you are discussing. Obama did the exact same thing. You do understand how foolish that makes you look?
Not only did he somehow manage to magically "shift millions". despite your earnest, heartfelt pleading that we stupidly have not thought it through.
He also prioritized criminals, actually subdividing that further into priority 1 and 2.

Obama Has Deported More People Than Any Other President - ABC News

Between 2009 and 2015 his administration has removed more than 2.5 million people through immigration orders, which doesn’t include the number of people who "self-deported" or were turned away and/or returned to their home country at the border by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

In fiscal year 2015, 91 percent of people removed from inside the U.S. were previously convicted of a crime.

The administration made the first priority "threats to national security, border security, and public safety." That includes gang members, convicted felons or charged with "aggravated felony" and anyone apprehended at the border trying to enter the country illegally.

Priority two includes "misdemeanants and new immigration violators."

That includes "aliens convicted of three or more misdemeanor offenses, other than minor traffic" violations, as well as those convicted of domestic violence, sexual abuse, burglary, DUIs or drug trafficking.

Reality, what a concept indeed.

Shift several million illegal immigrants by making it next to impossible to make money, and cutting off all non-emergency benefits.

He says that is his intention. Time will tell if the establishment in Congress will back him up on that.

How will congress stop him?

I cant imagine ryan and mcconnell suing trump the way they sued obama

How will congress stop him?

I cant imagine ryan and mcconnell suing trump the way they sued obama

They can pass an appropriations bill specifically funding sanctuary cities and over ride a Trump veto for one. But I don't think Trump would unilaterally override a legitimately passed law via executive order as Obama frequently did. He can of course rescind any executive orders of Obama and has pledged to do so. So I'm not entirely sure what all the dynamics are in that issue.

There is this in the Washington Examiner in July stating that the funds were already cut off.
Justice ends funding to 'sanctuary cities' in huge House GOP victory | Washington Examiner

But since the measure either never was presented to the Senate or was filibustered, it almost certainly had no effect whatsoever. And I am unaware of any law that requires local law enforcement to enforce federal laws???? Does anybody else have any solid information about that.

I am not sure what Trump could or would do via executive order, but if this is important to him, and he said it was, I can see him ordering his Justice Department to research what they can and cannot do re requiring local law enforcement to retain law breaking illegals until ICE can get to them.

And I'm pretty sure the House AND Senate would pass a law barring certain funding for the sanctuary cities knowing that Trump would sign it.

Back
Top Bottom