• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Calls grow to boycott starbucks after two black men arrested for not making order

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
And the boycott train rolls on....

Damn those cell-phone cameras. Getting so you can't get away with anything anymore.

Buy shares in Tim Hortons.

Love Tim Horton's....Great doughnuts.....

Just don't go in one wearing a Montreal Canadiens jersey. They'll call the cops.

Damn those cell-phone cameras. Getting so you can't get away with anything anymore.

Buy shares in Tim Hortons.

lol...nope, gotta boycott them too, due to the minimum wage thing in Ontario... ;)

Just don't go in one wearing a Montreal Canadiens jersey. They'll call the cops.

lol....I'll keep that in mind....I am thinking of a boycott of them to call for bigger parking lots so that I can get my rig in there.....

Starbucks should be boycotted for selling **** in a cup, disguised as coffee.

And the boycott train rolls on....

From now on I will have the clerk label my cup of black coffee "Bubba". And my apologies to those who think black coffee is racist, I don't do dairy. It's racist the other way.

From now on I will have the clerk label my cup of black coffee "Bubba". And my apologies to those who think black coffee is racist, I don't do dairy. It's racist the other way.

I used to take my coffee mexican but prefer it black with a little sugar now. Agree on the dairy, starting to turn my stomach most days.

You mean you'll still patronize the establishment? Oh my....Well, there's always next week...

"Parkland, Florida shooting survivor David Hogg announced Monday that he would launch another boycott sometime later this week following his successful campaign against Fox News host Laura Ingraham.

“Going to announce another boycott this week… Stay tuned,” the high school senior tweeted along with a gif of a nervous Kermit the Frog."

https://www.thewrap.com/parkland-student-activist-david-hogg-teases-another-boycott-stay-tuned/

Oh what the fudge ever. I mean, their were loitering and asked to leave by both management and then the police and they refused. For the love of all that is holy, why boycott it?

Oh what the fudge ever. I mean, their were loitering and asked to leave by both management and then the police and they refused. For the love of all that is holy, why boycott it?

Because, we live now in time of the great outrage....Everything must be a commentary on social behavior, and racism....

I don't go to Starbucks but I can't fault people for standing up and questioning why they are the only ones being singled out for a supposed policy that wasn't being enforced on other people in the place doing the exact same thing.

Capitalism only really works if people vote with their wallets. It's high time people started actually started doing that, and that can only happen with the dissemination of information about what businesses do and do not do, and the ability to unify to actually have a tangible effect. You may not agree with the reasons behind the boycott, but as a left libertarian surely you should recognize the necessity of boycotts for capitalism to not go unchecked? Celebrate it.

i get my coffee from 7-11

could never understand paying double for my basic columbian brew

I don't go to Starbucks but I can't fault people for standing up and questioning why they are the only ones being singled out for a supposed policy that wasn't being enforced on other people in the place doing the exact same thing.

Didn't see too many people in that Starbucks....So, don't know why they had a problem with the men waiting for their friend, but I find it totally ironic that such a socially progressive establishment as Starbucks is now under fire by the terminally offended progressive left....

Makes me wanna go to a Starbucks right now...:2razz:

Capitalism only works if people vote with their wallets. It's high time people started actually voting with their wallets, and that can only happen with the dissemination of information about what businesses do and do not do. You may not agree with the reasons behind the boycott, but as a left libertarian surely you should recognize the necessity of boycotts for capitalism to not go unchecked?

I didn't say they couldn't, nor that consumerism is the proper check on business instead of government law. It's just that in this case, it's rather stupid, a company has every right to enforce it's anti-loitering laws. If you refuse to leave someone's property, the cops show up and ask you several times to leave someone's property, and you refuse then you may get arrested. Starbucks in the end didn't press charges, so they didn't get in trouble. But just because they were black doesn't mean that all of a sudden they can do whatever they want because any action we may take against them could be perceived as racist.

I'm tired of stupid winning the day. Our worship of stupid is why we are in the mess we are in right now.

I make my own coffee....

lol...nope, gotta boycott them too, due to the minimum wage thing in Ontario... ;)

Aahhh, that's soo last month...
My boycotts have short shelf lives. I boycott Canadian Tire four or five times a year.

Why should all the innocent employees suffer?

Back
Top Bottom