• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Burger King Releases Pro-Net Neutrality Video

Winston

Give me convenience or give me death
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Burger King makes pro-net neutrality video | TheHill

Burger King is blasting the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) decision to scrap net neutrality rules in a new ad released Wednesday, using its signature sandwich to do it.

The fast food chain posted a video illustrating what it would be like if its restaurants implemented a policy of "Whopper neutrality," in which customers had to pay more to receive their burger faster.

Customers ordering Whoppers were given the option to pay for various MBPS — "Making Burgers Per Second" — rates. The slowest rate cost only $4.99, but came with a long wait time. Customers who wanted a Whopper as fast as possible were charged $25.99.

$4.99 if you want to wait for your Whopper! But you can get a Whopper NOW for $25.99

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!! I really want to get my technology propaganda from a hamburger joint. What next, I should go to orkin for financial advice!

Ladies and gentlemen, another sermon from bull**** mountain

No matter how many times this has been explained, people who are against Net Neutrality are A)employees or stock/shareholders of an ISP and understand that the end of NN means a larger bottom line at the expense of free and open ideas. B)Against it because Liberals like it.

Ladies and gentlemen, another sermon from bull**** mountain

You don't understand what it even is, so much so you posted what a hambuger joint thinks about a technology concept.

NN and nn is the ocean, I am a shark, and most of you don't even know how to swim.

No matter how many times this has been explained, people who are against Net Neutrality are A)employees or stock/shareholders of an ISP and understand that the end of NN means a larger bottom line at the expense of free and open ideas. B)Against it because Liberals like it.

Modern conservatism revolves around being against liberals. They view them as enemies. So, it follows that if liberals say that NN saves everyone money, even conservatives who like hulu, they must be lying. A central tenet of modern conservatism is "Liberals Are Wrong All The Time."

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!! I really want to get my technology propaganda from a hamburger joint. What next, I should go to orkin for financial advice!

If you were thinking of investing in real estate, might be worse places to get advice! :mrgreen:

Last edited:

That's pretty dumb.

Let me ask you a question. IF I am ATT and I have my 99 dollar unlimited data plan and I want to offer a 20 dollar unlimited data plan that restricts video to 240p should I be allowed to?

You don't understand what it even is, so much so you posted what a hambuger joint thinks about a technology concept.

NN and nn is the ocean, I am a shark, and most of you don't even know how to swim.

More like a blowfish.

dRMb3iajjU-_BFi99ZxAAmRVMENeZrarhOslbEXpujPeq6voa5Sq91qqMBgMf1mxmAQ=w300

Modern conservatism revolves around being against liberals. They view them as enemies. So, it follows that if liberals say that NN saves everyone money, even conservatives who like hulu, they must be lying. A central tenet of modern conservatism is "Liberals Are Wrong All The Time."

Seriously just in another thread there is a poster who is not known as one of the more hackish lefties literally calling the right evil, and the enemy. do you really believe that your left wing side is any different?

how does NN save money, I pose the same question to you:

IF I am ATT and I have my 99 dollar unlimited data plan and I want to offer a 20 dollar unlimited data plan that restricts video to 240p should I be allowed to?

$4.99 if you want to wait for your Whopper! But you can get a Whopper NOW for $25.99

Ummmmm... Love me my whoppers. Love that char broiled taste. But their fries suck compared to McDonalds.

I have noticed they don't have nearly the business of the local McDonalds though. In fact it's so low it makes me wonder how they stay in business.

Last edited:
That's pretty dumb.

Let me ask you a question. IF I am ATT and I have my 99 dollar unlimited data plan and I want to offer a 20 dollar unlimited data plan that restricts video to 240p should I be allowed to?

Would a clown allow the pope to take a dump in the woods despite the fact the clown has a permit that only allows clowns to take a dump in the woods?

See, we can both ask irrelevant questions that are completely unrelated to the topic at hand.

Would a clown allow the pope to take a dump in the woods despite the fact the clown has a permit that only allows clowns to take a dump in the woods?

See, we can both ask irrelevant questions that are completely unrelated to the topic at hand.

see this shows what shining jewels of colossal ignorance on this subject you and your ilk are.

The answer under your precious "Net Neutrality" rules would not allow ATT to do this.

What is the net result. Poor people have to pay almost 80 dollars more if they wanted unlimited data.

That's pretty dumb.

So let me get this straight. You said the following:

Do you think getting advice from a political website from people you don't even know is any better? BUAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously just in another thread there is a poster who literally called the right evil, and the enemy. do you really believe that your left wing side is any different?

how does NN save money, I pose the same question to you:

IF I am ATT and I have my 99 dollar unlimited data plan and I want to offer a 20 dollar unlimited data plan that restricts video to 240p should I be allowed to?

An equivalency relying on the evidence of online postings is false and disregarded.

I also reject your fantasy proposal.. and counter with this one:

If I like hulu now and enjoy it regularly. But, after NN gets destroyed, my ISP requires streaming services to purchase a fast lane from them and hulu never buys the high speed lane from my ISP, should I be forced to switch to Netflix?

So let me get this straight. You said the following:

Do you think getting advice from a political website from people you don't even know is any better? BUAHAHAHAHAHA!

I am under no delusion that you have any advise I would find valuable, thank you for your concern.

An equivalency relying on the evidence of online postings is false and disregarded.

I also reject your fantasy proposal.. and counter with this one:

If I like hulu now and enjoy it regularly. But, after NN my ISP requires streaming services to purchase a fast lane from them and hulu never buys the high speed lane from my ISP, should I be forced to switch to Netflix?

Let me answer your question since it's entire premise shows an ignorance of how it all works with a question.

What is peering and transits?

Don't worry, if you don't know the answer and try to make an excuse why you wont answer I will for you in the next reply.

Let me answer your question since it's entire premise shows an ignorance of how it all works with a question.

What is peering and transits?

Don't worry, if you don't know the answer and try to make an excuse why you wont answer I will for you in the next reply.

*generic excuse in the absence of knowledge*

That's pretty dumb.

That literally has nothing to do with net neutrality whatsoever

*generic excuse in the absence of knowledge*

As I figured.

HULU already what are equivalent to "fast lanes". These are called "peering agreements" which are direct connections to the ISP's equipment. (imagine your Xbox is hulu and your cable modem is your ISP on the other end. That physical connection is the peer, hulu pays for this either direct or through 3rd party transit provider which is a middle man company who does peering between the two (a crude explaination). so your example fails as it has nothing to do with net neutrality because HULU and other large service content providers have peering agreements with the ISP. NN rules do not apply in your case.

Like I said, I am a shark, you are in my ocean, and you can't even swim.

Plumbers, and other trades, have been doing this for decades - charging higher rates for emergency or after hours service calls and less if they are permitted to do the work at their convenience. What that has to do with net neutrality is questionable at best.

Having toll or HOV lanes vs. only having regular traffic lanes is a better analogy to the net neutrality situation.

http://abc13.com/traffic/hov-lane-confusion-sets-driver-back-more-than-$1000/253088/

That literally has nothing to do with net neutrality whatsoever

True! it has nothing to do with net neutrality, but EVERYTHING to do with Net Neutrality. one is a concept, the other was a label for the obama admin's attempt to make the internet a utility. the ATT issue came up under obama's Net Neutrality rules.

https://www.wired.com/2012/09/factime-fcc-flap/

Back
Top Bottom