• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bulletproof backpacks have become another back-to-school staple

OK one more time but this is it: really - really.

We are (well this thread is) about gun violence; you Lapierre guys love to deflect and change the subject.

I'm sure you know more about firearms than everyone else on earth combined. I've only been using them for 63 years and was taught (with and emphasis on safety) by men right out of War 2, who you would find someway to trivialize too; I'm sure.

Funny thing though when I look in (my friend the cops) police cruiser there's a 12 gauge with 00 in an upright holder right next to the drivers seat; the AR is in the trunk.

Well, cowboy, YOU probably wouldn't be. Any other reasonable person would be plenty scared of anyone pointing a gun at them, and the less I thought of their ability and knowledge the more scared I'd be. But oh, I forgot you're the expert.

:shock:

Because at the time they hadn't proven themselves to be the public danger that they have now. But, good point, I'll bet if prohibition gangsters were using large capacity semi-auto's, as well as Thompson's they would have been regulated too.

Yeah, those people don't matter … unless it was your grandchild at Columbine or son or daughter in Vegas.

I get it you're not afraid of guns pointed at you and any gun owner that is, is a FUDD. :2wave:

Knowing there are far more traffic fatalities than gun deaths, I assume you ensure you keep your children with you locked in the basement trying to keep safe. Oh...dang...stairs. ****... do you know how many people fall down stairs every year? Or die in bathtubs? Or how risky it is being at home in the first place? Holy ****...how do you get out of bed in the morning??????!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knowing there are far more traffic fatalities than gun deaths, I assume you ensure you keep your children with you locked in the basement trying to keep safe. Oh...dang...stairs. ****... do you know how many people fall down stairs every year? Or die in bathtubs? Or how risky it is being at home in the first place? Holy ****...how do you get out of bed in the morning??????!!

Very cleaver … :roll: Do "they" have a school they send all you fanatics to that teaches you how to deflect from the real argument?

It's a dangerous world, no doubt about it, and there's a lot of dangerous things that can't be controlled. But no parent, no child should worry about some maniac coming to their school and massacring class rooms full of kids.

Very cleaver … :roll: Do "they" have a school they send all you fanatics to that teaches you how to deflect from the real argument?

It's a dangerous world, no doubt about it, and there's a lot of dangerous things that can't be controlled. But no parent, no child should worry about some maniac coming to their school and massacring class rooms full of kids.

You are ****ting yourself over an occurrence that has a .0000000167% likelihood of happening...and you want to talk about fanaticism.

:lamo

You are ****ting yourself over an occurrence that has a .0000000167% likelihood of happening...and you want to talk about fanaticism.

:lamo

Well your little green funny man says all anyone needs to know about you. There's not a god damn thing "FUNNY" about firearms; the WWII Veterans that taught me how to shoot started with gun safety and they were as humorless as a whore in church about it. Firearms are nothing to laugh about. <--period … funny guy.

It doesn't matter where the decimals lie when it's your loved one that's dead. So yuck it up, and pray it's not one of your relatives that's a victim in the next shooting.

OK, one more thought, how many (low life) mobsters were killed with Thompson's before the FFA of 34 banned machine guns? .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of Americans?

Any percent of our children and loved ones is ENOUGH to say ENOUGH!

Last edited:
I don't know you're the one harping about fires and cars and ****, I thought we were talking guns, you changed the subject.

Or something; my personal preference is a 12 gauge pump loaded with 04 buck; it's devastating, isn't as likely as 223 or 556 to go through walls and harm one of my family and it's cheap. Inside a home or even out in the yard (better be careful of that) there isn't a better equalizer. Frankly, now that you mention it, if your plan is to defend your home with an AR I'd rather not come over; it's a piss poor choice for home defense. Actually I think they're a piss poor choice for survival or anything but going to the range and burning through a bunch of ammo; then, I get it, they're a ton of fun if you can afford it.

WTF is it doing in the river?

It is a reference to Elmer Fudd, and no I believe in my responsibility to protect myself and family. But, I know a lot of hunters that wouldn't have an AR up their ass if they had room for a brass band yet would still take exception to being called a FUDD, and, BTW, I wouldn't recommend breaking into their homes.

not hundredS they weren't invented hundredS of years ago.

Yet FFA 34 is still Constitutionally enforced.

It "seems" to me you're arguing against yourself and it would be a good time to strictly regulate (not ban) weapons that are causing so much harm.

Anyway when someone devolves to calling me names I usually quit the discussion. bye now! :2wave:

You last couple posts prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that either you don't know what you are talking about our you are just being dishonest.

There are tons of direct quote from our founding fathers talking about the individuals right to own firearms being what they intended

Here is just a few.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson

To disarm the people...s the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason

The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams

Secondly the AR is one of the very best choices for home defense, survival or just about any other use you could think of besides hunting larger game. You pretending that a shotgun is a better choice is just idiotic. Tell me why do you think that virtually all police or military units that specialize in working inside a house choose ARs and not shotguns. Why is it one of the most commonlu recommended firearms by actual trained home defense experts. Maybe you should look up some of the negatives of using a shotgun for home defense. Namely people shortstroking the weapon under stress as well as much slower ability to accurately place follow up rounds.
And you really should look up the penetration of frangible 556 rounds designed for home use. They have much less chance of penetrating walls them most pistol or even shotgun rounds. Maybe you should do a bit more research. Here let me help

Why "High Powered" 5.56 NATO/.223 AR-15 Ammo is Safer For Home Defense (FBI overpenetration testing) - Prepared Gun Owners

So which is it are you just ignorant on this topic or are you pretending to be that way.

Last edited:
You last couple posts prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that either you don't know what you are talking about our you are just being dishonest.

There are tons of direct quote from our founding fathers talking about the individuals right to own firearms being what they intended

Here is just a few.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson

To disarm the people...s the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason

The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams

I have never advocated for any gun to be "banned", or as you put it, "to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

Secondly the AR is one of the very best choices for home defense, survival or just about any other use you could think of besides hunting larger game. You pretending that a shotgun is a better choice is just idiotic.

I like a shot gun because "I have a shotgun", have practiced with it and am confident in it. As Clint Smith is often quoted; " the best gun for defense is the one you have".

Tell me why do you think that virtually all police or military units that specialize in working inside a house choose ARs and not shotguns. Why is it one of the most commonlu recommended firearms by actual trained home defense experts. Maybe you should look up some of the negatives of using a shotgun for home defense. Namely people shortstroking the weapon under stress as well as much slower ability to accurately place follow up rounds.
And you really should look up the penetration of frangible 556 rounds designed for home use. They have much less chance of penetrating walls them most pistol or even shotgun rounds. Maybe you should do a bit more research. Here let me help

If you like a magazine fed semi-auto nothing I posted would keep you from it. My personal feeling has always been that if it comes time to "bug out" then I'm not preparing to fight the army I'm fleeing from, I just want to survive. My Grandson just asked me what I would take with me if I could only take one gun for survival. My answer was an over under 22/.410. I can carry enough ammo and other necessities I'll need. If you're thinking you're going to stand up to an army with your AR all I can say is good luck; but you'll have to choose between ammo and food and if you choose ammo you still won't be able to carry enough to sustain the beast. Anyway that's "MY" thinking. You're welcome to yours but don't tell me that we don't have a box magazine fed semi-auto rifle problem because current events say you're wrong.

Why "High Powered" 5.56 NATO/.223 AR-15 Ammo is Safer For Home Defense (FBI overpenetration testing) - Prepared Gun Owners

Thanks I'll read it.

So which is it are you just ignorant on this topic or are you pretending to be that way.

I'm just a dumb ass old man that likes seeing his grand kids come home from school and my sweetheart come home from shopping.

Last edited:
Well your little green funny man says all anyone needs to know about you. There's not a god damn thing "FUNNY" about firearms; the WWII Veterans that taught me how to shoot started with gun safety and they were as humorless as a whore in church about it. Firearms are nothing to laugh about. <--period … funny guy.

It doesn't matter where the decimals lie when it's your loved one that's dead. So yuck it up, and pray it's not one of your relatives that's a victim in the next shooting.

OK, one more thought, how many (low life) mobsters were killed with Thompson's before the FFA of 34 banned machine guns? .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of Americans?

Any percent of our children and loved ones is ENOUGH to say ENOUGH!

Actually what you have done is proved how stupid the mass hysteria people like you advocate for really and truly is and how ridiculous the impotent gun laws you promote are.

Actually what you have done is proved how stupid the mass hysteria people like you advocate for really and truly is and how ridiculous the impotent gun laws you promote are.

I'm not making personal attacks on gun advocates; if you had an argument you'd use it, instead of making it personal. I don't know you don't hear of many crimes that used machine guns anymore.

I'm not making personal attacks on gun advocates; if you had an argument you'd use it, instead of making it personal. I don't know you don't hear of many crimes that used machine guns anymore.

I’ve made the argument. Numerous times. And the fact that the things you advocate for are impotent does not make that statement a personal attack. You on the other hand squealing trying to claim you are being personally attacked DOES pretty clearly demonstrate that you understand the impotence of your argument.

You bleat on about wanting your grandchildren to come home
And that’s why you hate guns...yet there is a far greater chance that they will get hit by a car, drown in a puddle, fall and hit their heads and die, get struck by lighting on a clear day, or get hit by the random falling frozen chunk of blue **** from an airplane than their being involved in a mass shooting. So...

Relax.

Back
Top Bottom