• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden lowers inflation to 3.1%

What a strange response.
Really? It just follows your “I can do what I please”, “ your post was trash” sissy response. I’ve watched your comments here off and on for months. You never say anything yet continuously applaud yourself. You’re sanctimonious and self important yet your posts have zero substance. You think you’re always the smartest guy in the room when actually you’re just pompous. Unimpressed.

Really? It just follows your “I can do what I please”, “ your post was trash” sissy response.
This is a trash post, and it was explained in my follow up response:
When inflation went up Democrats said Biden has nothing to do with the economy. Now that inflation is decreasing a tad you give Biden credit for it. Why did he wait so long? And why are groceries and gasoline prices still through the roof? When does Joe think I’ll be able to afford rib eyes for me and my wife again?
You’re sanctimonious and self important yet your posts have zero substance. You think you’re always the smartest guy in the room when actually you’re just pompous. Unimpressed.
I'm not the topic of discussion... not at all.

A positive inflation still means prices are continuing to rise. People don't care about percentages, they care about how much groceries cost.
umm, we always have positive inflation. Unless we enter a deflationary cycle, which is worse.

All good news in the economy yet people still think it sucks. The gop has been very good with their brainwashing.
No People are just to dumb to know the difference between "Total Inflation" and "Inflation Rate"! And the Media knows this.
If you ever took Calculus you would understand that the Rate is the Derivative of the Equation! Very different things.
They are not telling you what the "Total Inflation" is, just that the "RATE" is +3.1%! Which means IT'S STILL GOING UP!.....
It might be GOING UP LESS, which is better, but INFLATION IS NOT GOING DOWN.

So it looks like it's YOU who are being lied to, Brain Washed, and Gaslighted, and you are trying to PROJECT your BRIAN WASHING on to others .....

Use this website. If you start in 2016 (when Trump started) and stop in 2024 "Total Inflation" is > 27% (Yes the Rate of INCREASE is only 3.2 but that's not as important)

If you had $100 during Trump you would need $127 today to have the Same buying power!
Politicians lie to you all the time like this.

No People are just to dumb to know the difference between "Total Inflation" and "Inflation Rate"! And the Media knows this.
If you ever took Calculus you would understand that the Rate is the Derivative of the Equation! Very different things.
They are not telling you what the "Total Inflation" is, just that the "RATE" is +3.1%! Which means IT'S STILL GOING UP!.....

So it looks like it's YOU who are being lied to, Brain Washed, and Gaslighted, and you are trying to PROJECT your BRIAN WASHING on to others .....

Use this website. If you start in 2016 (when Trump started) and stop in 2024 "Total Inflation" is > 27% (Yes the Rate of INCREASE is only 3.2 but that's not as important)

If you had $100 during Trump you would need $127 today to have the Same buying power!
Well trump wasn’t president in 16. Good job trying to manipulate numbers

Biden should explain how He did that.

And why only 3.1%? If He can raise or lower inflation at will, why not 2%?
Source President's Biden claim he is responsible for lower inflation.

Ok, so I’m good at differential calculus (I suck at integral), and I know all the equations used to calculate the CPI, but I’m not sure which equation you think the percent change of inflation is a derivative of. And I’m not sure what you have in mind for “total inflation.” The inflation rate is calculated as the percent change in the price index level between any two points in time.

Huh? Yes the change in price levels since 2016 (when Obama was president) to now (change in the index from 2016 average to 2023 average) is 27%, and the change from Dec 2022 to Dec 2023 is 3.35%, but I have no idea what makes you think one is “total” and one “rate of increase.” Both are just the level change, using different reference periods.
Can you give an example where someone has used one time frame but lied and said it was another? I wouldn’t be terribly surprised, but I can’t recall ever seeing that myself.

I was actually alive during that time period and know this is false
You may have been alive, but you clearly were not paying attention. GDP grew at a relatively consistent rate from 2010 to 2019, with no real distinction in growth in the Trump years vs the Obama years.

This just goes to show you that what you believe you are witnessing is not always what it is actually happening.

Ok, so I’m good at differential calculus (I suck at integral), and I know all the equations used to calculate the CPI, but I’m not sure which equation you think the percent change of inflation is a derivative of. And I’m not sure what you have in mind for “total inflation.” The inflation rate is calculated as the percent change in the price index level between any two points in time.
This is only the "Derivative" , much easier that Diff EQ's !....
The "TOTAL Inflation" Graph is/represents "THE EQUATION" ! The "Inflation Rate" is the Derivative (of the Inflation at a given point i.e. TODAY) ! It's a Tangential slope of TODAY'S Total Inflation(Using the last 2 points of the EQUATION) .
Do you see that ?
Huh? Yes the change in price levels since 2016 (when Obama was president) to now (change in the index from 2016 average to 2023 average) is 27%, and the
Trump came in to office in 2016, But ok, if you use 2018 (Mid-Trump Tenure) you still get Inflation = 22.10%. This is Horrible and yet the average Joe is still talking about +3.4% Inflation Rate....(Because the media told them to use this wording)
change from Dec 2022 to Dec 2023 is 3.35%, but I have no idea what makes you think one is “total” and one “rate of increase.” Both are just the level change, using different reference periods.
Here you are just going from say 18.8%(2022) Total Inflation to 22.1%(2023) Total Inflation. So the "RATE per year" IS +3.3%
That's why they like to tell the "NOT GOOD AT MATH" people that the "Inflation RATE"

Going from 2022 - 2023 will just show you that it's a LITTLE Worse that a Year ago ! So you TOTALLY miss the Magnitude of how bad it became !

Also, you know that ONLY a Negative Inflation Rate will Reduce "The INFLATION" (right) . And there was NEVER a Negative Rate under Brandon !

He was President 20 days after 2016, a distinction without a difference. Dec 31-Jan 20 on the calc is a $2 difference.
You exhibit difficulty with accuracy. That website is a joke, and their data is off:
fredgraph.png

This is only the "Derivative" , much easier that Diff EQ's !....
The "TOTAL Inflation" Graph is/represents "THE EQUATION" ! The "Inflation Rate" is the Derivative (of the Inflation at a given point i.e. TODAY) ! It's a Tangential slope of TODAY'S Total Inflation(Using the last 2 points of the EQUATION) .
Do you see that ?
First, my apologies for the long delay in responding, Your problem here is that the derivative is from a function…and the equations used to calculate inflation are not functions. 100*Σ(wPn/Pb)
)(w=weight of item, P1=price of item at month n, Pb=base period price) this gives us an index number. The percent difference between any two time periods gives us the rate of inflation.

Example: with a base period of 1982-1984=100, the index levels were
Dec 2022=296.797
Nov 2023=307.051
Dec 2023=306.746
So the rate from Dec 2022-2023 is
(306.746/296.797)-1=3.4%
And Nov-Dec 2023 is
(306.746/307.051)-1=-0.1%

So still not sure what to think “total inflation” is or how you think you can find the derivative of an equation that’s not a function.

Trump came in to office in 2016,
The constitution states that the president takes office in January. So your claim is that Trump took office in Jan 2016, 10 months before the election. How does that work?

S&P is about to close above 5,000 for the first time ever.

Thanks Joe!

Biden increases inflation

Inflation rises faster than expected in January as high prices persist​

Labor Department releases key January inflation report​

Back
Top Bottom