• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden leads Trump in new polls despite coronavirus approval bounce

From a projected what? A Hillary victory of 322 Electoral College votes to Trumps 216? Election 2016: 7 Maps Predict Paths to Electoral Victory | Time

Or maybe the projection of 333 EC votes to 205? Election 2016: 7 Maps Predict Paths to Electoral Victory | Time

So from a high of 333 for Clinton to 205 for Trump, it turned into a win by 304 votes for Trump to 232 for Clinton.

So Trump beat predictions by 101 votes (333 - 232). There were two faithless electors who did not vote for Trump, but should have by their own State law.

Still, I'd say that was a "landslide" upset. :coffeepap:

Projections??? :slapme: 304 is still 56.7% of 536. But whatever makes you happy

He won 56.88 percent of the available electoral votes.
[...]
"If Trump’s election was a landslide, then the word ‘landslide’ has no meaning," said University of Denver political scientist Seth Masket.
[...]
Losing the popular vote "takes the shine off any Electoral College victory," political scientist Barry Burden, director of the Elections Research Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, told PolitiFact Wisconsin.
[...]
Trump’s claim is inaccurate, so we rate it False.

PolitiFact | Donald Trump's Electoral College victory was not a 'massive landslide'

Projections??? :slapme: 304 is still 56.7% of 536. But whatever makes you happy

Yep. Coming from a projected loss by 128 EC votes to a win by 304 votes?

If you can't see that as a landslide upset...well that is your confirmation bias showing. :coffeepap:

From a projected what:

It was stated as a 'landslide'. I demonstrated that it was not.

I refuted the point. #46 on the totem pole of % EC wins proves it, there is no refuting that fact.

That's it. End of argument.

'nuff said.

From a projected what? A Hillary victory of 322 Electoral College votes to Trumps 216? Election 2016: 7 Maps Predict Paths to Electoral Victory | Time

Or maybe the projection of 333 EC votes to 205? Election 2016: 7 Maps Predict Paths to Electoral Victory | Time

So from a high of 333 for Clinton to 205 for Trump, it turned into a win by 304 votes for Trump to 232 for Clinton.

So Trump beat predictions by 101 votes (333 - 232). There were two faithless electors who did not vote for Trump, but should have by their own State law.

Still, I'd say that was a "landslide" upset. :coffeepap:

It isn't a landslide just because his victory made you feel giddy. That's not now numbers work.

Back
Top Bottom