• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden grew economy by 5.2% in the third quarter, even faster than previously estimated

How exactly? Democrats controlled congress from 2021-2022 for example, when the debt increased by 5 trillion.
The gop congress set a new record for debt. Nice try though

The gop congress set a new record for debt. Nice try though
But debt only matters for Congress when Republicans lose elections, and it certainly only matters for Presidents when Democrats are inherently the White House.

How many record debt threads did @jonny5 create before 2020?

1000002089.png

At what cost? The value of my 401 is up, but the govts are taking 30% of my earnings, and im paying 30% more for everything.
You own a house? What's that value done since 2020? How much has been added to your wealth?

Look how fast prices are rising for @jonny5

Prices increased by 3% in the span of 9 hours. Poor guy is obviously struggling... cut him some slack😉
Damn. He isn’t even trying anymore. Just arbitrary numbers. Next it will be 130% inflation

At what cost? The value of my 401 is up, but the govts are taking 30% of my earnings, and im paying 30% more for everything.
Taxes are the same as trump

You own a house? What's that value done since 2020? How much has been added to your wealth?

No, the bank owns my house. Theyre charging me twice as much interest as others who bought before me. The value is up due to, or causing inflation, and im paying twice as much to insure it, so its actually decreased it. WHat adds to my wealth is work, what the govts let me keep anyway. But less and less every year.

How, when the govt takes 30% of my bootstraps, borrows 10% more, and then gives them to someone else?
So, its 30% now, and another 10%, will that change by the end of the day?

No, the bank owns my house. Theyre charging me twice as much interest as others who bought before me. The value is up due to, or causing inflation, and im paying twice as much to insure it, so its actually decreased it. WHat adds to my wealth is work, what the govts let me keep anyway. But less and less every year.
Why did you buy a house you couldn't afford? You knew what the interest rate was when you bought it, and if it was variable that it would go up and down. You own your decision, you accept the risks when you take out that kind of loan.

Aren't there posters here that always say that positive things for Biden regarding the economy will be adjusted down later?

Why did you buy a house you couldn't afford? You knew what the interest rate was when you bought it, and if it was variable that it would go up and down. You own your decision, you accept the risks when you take out that kind of loan.

I can afford it. Its getting harder to afford it given the govt taking a good chunk of my income to give to others who dont work.

I can afford it. Its getting harder to afford it given the govt taking a good chunk of my income to give to others who dont work.
So, you want to do away with social security and medicare?

How old are you?

So, its 30% now, and another 10%, will that change by the end of the day?

Yes, the debt and interest on the debt is increasing every day, which increases the cost of everything, and ultimately my taxes both direct and embedded. For example, during my lifetime, payroll tax has increased from 12-15%. Income tax rate on my income has increased from 11-13%. State and local have doubled.

So, you want to do away with social security and medicare?

How old are you?

Yes, Im 40. I have more saved for retirement than SS will ever pay me, already. I could have 3x as much if I had been able to invest the payroll tax they took.

Yes, Im 40. I have more saved for retirement than SS will ever pay me, already. I could have 3x as much if I had been able to invest the payroll tax they took.
So, you have money, but you are just whining because you have to pay your fair share like everyone else.

Got it.

So, you have money, but you are just whining because you have to pay your fair share like everyone else.

Got it.

No, im whining because Im paying my fair share UNLIKE everyone else (or rather, many other). And that everyones fair share is too much due to the excesses of govt. Keep up.

No, im whining because Im paying my fair share UNLIKE everyone else (or rather, many other). And that everyones fair share is too much due to the excesses of govt. Keep up.
How do you know others aren't paying their fair share?

Channel your anger on something else, like getting a better job.

How do you know others aren't paying their fair share?

Channel your anger on something else, like getting a better job.

IRS statistics. Why should I have to get a better job because others dont work? Thats the opposite of fair.

Back
Top Bottom