• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Announces New Plan To Forgive Student Debt in Cases of Financial 'Hardship'

jonny5

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
It just never ends, trying to buy votes with wealth redistribution. Now, if you take out a loan to buy education, and then you make life choices which make it difficult to pay it back, Biden's puppeteers want to make the rest of us pay the loan. Which ironically, would be counted as spending outlays to the govt. And since we have no money, this would be even more debt for the country. Since the country is also having trouble paying its debts, will the lenders forgive the country? Or will we just continue to pay trillions in interest till we are all dead, then its someone else's problem.

This is wrong. People CAN pay their loans. And should. A better alternative would be to let them work it off in the climate corps "conserving our lands and waters, bolstering community resilience, advancing environmental justice, deploying clean energy, implementing energy efficient technologies, and tackling climate change." Thats a win win. Instead of borrowing millions to fund the Climate Corps, itll be free. And people will pay back their loans.

It just never ends, trying to buy votes with wealth redistribution. Now, if you take out a loan to buy education, and then you make life choices which make it difficult to pay it back, Biden's puppeteers want to make the rest of us pay the loan. Which ironically, would be counted as spending outlays to the govt. And since we have no money, this would be even more debt for the country. Since the country is also having trouble paying its debts, will the lenders forgive the country? Or will we just continue to pay trillions in interest till we are all dead, then its someone else's problem.

This is wrong. People CAN pay their loans. And should. A better alternative would be to let them work it off in the climate corps "conserving our lands and waters, bolstering community resilience, advancing environmental justice, deploying clean energy, implementing energy efficient technologies, and tackling climate change." Thats a win win. Instead of borrowing millions to fund the Climate Corps, itll be free. And people will pay back their loans.

It corrects a scandal by the fin. institutions, and helps the economy as well............good move

It is in the nations interest to have an educated populace. It was wrong to create a profit stream for banks to fill a national interest.

Imo, you have a distorted view of what student loans are, and how they have worked in the past.

It works on several levels.
It buys votes by paying off student debt. That's obvious.
It also allows Universities to afford "Educators" salaries thereby buying their votes.
It also assures that those salaries will continue to skyrocket thereby buying their votes and continued media support.

It works on several levels.
It buys votes by paying off student debt. That's obvious.
It also allows Universities to afford "Educators" salaries thereby buying their votes.
It also assures that those salaries will continue to skyrocket thereby buying their votes and continued media support.

I will be nieve and simply say its a mix of trying to help people, while intending to buy votes, which they think its a win win. But in reality, it harms people, both others and the ones they are trying to help, by creating dependency.

I will be nieve and simply say its a mix of trying to help people, while intending to buy votes, which they think its a win win. But in reality, it harms people, both others and the ones they are trying to help, by creating dependency.
They may offer a lot of reasons but maintaining power costs money.

Wow a new effort to convince people to vote Democrat by offering another way to buy their votes! Will wonders never cease! :rolleyes:

Pay off everyone's student loans...(with taxpayer funds, after taxpayer funds were used to cover college expenses originally).

Democrats love to tax and spend, tax and spend, buy votes by taxing and spending...and adding more people they can buy votes from with open borders.

Nonsense.
Indeed.

tshade says he's a Republican. He's a Never Trump but his position is not coming from a place of fiscal conservatism, a major tenet, principle of Republicanism.

Indeed.

tshade says he's a Republican. He's a Never Trump but his position is not coming from a place of fiscal conservatism, a major tenet, principle of Republicanism.

There are no major tenets of Republicanism anymore.

Trump made sure that the slate was wiped clean, and refilled with his garbage.

Wow a new effort to convince people to vote Democrat by offering another way to buy their votes! Will wonders never cease! :rolleyes:

Pay off everyone's student loans...(with taxpayer funds, after taxpayer funds were used to cover college expenses originally).

Democrats love to tax and spend, tax and spend, buy votes by taxing and spending...and adding more people they can buy votes from with open borders.

Republican arent much better, especially when they are in total control. Vote them all out.

I poured a lot of overtime money into paying off in full the school loans I took out, including all the extra interest that piled up while I was living hand-to-mouth and putting off making payments at all. Where do I go to get my money back?

I poured a lot of overtime money into paying off in full the school loans I took out, including all the extra interest that piled up while I was living hand-to-mouth and putting off making payments at all. Where do I go to get my money back?
You won’t get your money back, and neither will all those who did the same as you. I am a firm believer that if you take out a loan, and sign a legal document agreeing to pay it back, then you do so. And that includes my own daughter who will be paying on her student loans for years.

Sorry guys, this little move is exchange of a treasury promise for a vote. Or, politics 101.

Student debt forgiveness plans, no matter which one proposed or implemented, does not address the fundamental issues of what made student debt such a problem in the first place. The real winners are institutions of higher education that will up the wick on education costs.

You won’t get your money back, and neither will all those who did the same as you. I am a firm believer that if you take out a loan, and sign a legal document agreeing to pay it back, then you do so. And that includes my own daughter who will be paying on her student loans for years.
I have no problem with someone else stepping in to pay off the loans out of the goodness of their heart, I remember hearing of a college’s graduating class that was informed that an anonymous donor had paid off all their school loans. Such generosity is to be applauded ... so long as they are being generous with their own money. But Biden is using our money to buy those votes, not his.

I have no problem with someone else stepping in to pay off the loans out of the goodness of their heart, I remember hearing of a college’s graduating class that was informed that an anonymous donor had paid off all their school loans. Such generosity is to be applauded ... so long as they are being generous with their own money. But Biden is using our money to buy those votes, not his.
I agree! I think it is wonderful if someone wants to step up and pay off student loans with their own money. That would be their choice to do so.

Eh…we give corporations plenty of American taxpayer money. These financial companies are no different.

At least average Americans benefit from this.

Eh…we give corporations plenty of American taxpayer money. These financial companies are no different.
Yes, and there's a reason why "corporate welfare" and not an accolade.

At least average Americans benefit from this.
And why should I be required to not only pay off my own loans, but help others pay for theirs?

Back
Top Bottom