• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bias: Even here at DP

Masada

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Anyone who is intellectually honest sees the blatant double standards in our main stream media. I read this story this morning, and reminded myself that I've read it a hundred times before.

Good Bush economy attacked, bad Obama economy ignored by media | Fox News

But when I see threads like "Romney's a douchebag", I wonder why Conservative posters here are frequently warned, or suspended, or banned from a thread, and nothing is said nor done about threads like this one?

I simply shrug it off, and go on about my business. But I also find a great sense of pride. The reason I have such a great sense of pride, is because despite ALL the bias in the media, Mitt Romney is going to win. That's my prediction. Despite the media largely ignoring the Libya story, despite the fact the lambasted Bush in 04 for his economic record, but remain silent on Obama's economic record, despite everything, Mitt is going to win.

It gives me great faith that Americans AREN'T like liberals portray them to be; they aren't stupid. Americans see the handwriting on the wall, and how the Obama administration chose to go after Mitt personally, and ignore their own 4 year record of failed policy after failed policy.

Now that we come down to it, it is going to make the victory so much sweeter, when I reminisce about how blatantly bias the media was, but Romney won anyway.

Right now, liberals are shell shocked. They can't believe that their manchild is getting outplayed by Romney. They really cant believe that Romney's likeability has surpassed Obama's. And now, desperate times call for desperate measures. They are scraping the bottoms of their barrells in shocking disbelief.

Change is knocking on the door left.....I hope you all have prepared yourselves.

Anyone who is intellectually honest sees the blatant double standards in our main stream media. I read this story this morning, and reminded myself that I've read it a hundred times before.

But when I see threads like "Romney's a douchebag", I wonder why Conservative posters here are frequently warned, or suspended, or banned from a thread, and nothing is said nor done about threads like this one?

I simply shrug it off, and go on about my business. But I also find a great sense of pride. The reason I have such a great sense of pride, is because despite ALL the bias in the media, Mitt Romney is going to win. That's my prediction. Despite the media largely ignoring the Libya story, despite the fact the lambasted Bush in 04 for his economic record, but remain silent on Obama's economic record, despite everything, Mitt is going to win.

It gives me great faith that Americans AREN'T like liberals portray them to be; they aren't stupid. Americans see the handwriting on the wall, and how the Obama administration chose to go after Mitt personally, and ignore their own 4 year record of failed policy after failed policy.

Now that we come down to it, it is going to make the victory so much sweeter, when I reminisce about how blatantly bias the media was, but Romney won anyway.

Right now, liberals are shell shocked. They can't believe that their manchild is getting outplayed by Romney. They really cant believe that Romney's likeability has surpassed Obama's. And now, desperate times call for desperate measures. They are scraping the bottoms of their barrells in shocking disbelief.

Change is knocking on the door left.....I hope you all have prepared yourselves.
I share that pride as well. Not so much because I think so highly of Mitt Romney, more so because I despise the tactics that you just described.

I look forward to Tuesday. I look forward to sitting down to a nice dinner, then settling in on the couch with a couple of Octoberfests, tuning in to MSNBC, and watching all of the pundits melt down as it becomes clear that Obama is going to get his clock cleaned. I picture Chris Mathews in a scene reminiscent to the movie "Scanners".

Leave it to Faux News....

What the writer ignores is that in 2004, a 5.4% unemployment rate was 1.2% HIGHER than it was when Bush took office. If unemployment now was 1.2% higher than it was when Obama took office, it would stand at 9% -- not 7.8%. The stock markets were also WAY down in '04 relative to when Bush took over, and they are way UP under Obama.

Moderator's Warning:

We do not discuss actions against users. There is a place to discuss that topic, but not up here.
If you have concerns over a post, please click the report post button.

I did not move/close this thread as there are some good points worth discussing.

I hope this post dose not detour the thread as there is some really quality stuff in the OP.

Back to my opinion:
I think that Obama is going to sweep. It sure feels like 2008 all over again - large media coverage for Romney - last minute surge etc...
The Republican party is in shambles.

If change is knocking on the door, please tell me what will change. I really do not know where Romney stands on anything. He keeps changing his mind. That is the only change I see.

I do see some bias on the left with main stream media, but does not even hold a candle to the Infomerical that is Fox. To have creditablity you should condem both. On a regular basis I hear stories (outrages) on Fox and find out the real story from a local paper. Often there is no similarity, like the guy diverting a little rain water vs a boating and fishing resivour. The real stories are difficult to get to because the RW blogosphere picks them up and there are literally millions of posts if you try to google it. Yes, some of the mainstream media is a little bias and that is wrong, but Fox completely loses touch with reality, daily and the conservatives act like they cant see that. Oh the double standard and hypocracy.

there are plenty of actual studies on the media bias out there. Fox is always worst. In fact, I used to dismiss msnbc as being equally as bad, but after reading several studies, I had to revise my opinion. While msnbc (f.ex.) always gets noted for being way biased in these studies (which, of course, it is), fox always leads by light years. Also, CNN lost viewers to msnbc, because when msnbc decided to produce "news" for a particular segment of society, the lefties who want to hear consolation rather than facts, cnn made a corporate decision to not follow suit - to their financial detriment (theyre still biased, just not at all as much as fox).

Last edited:
there are plenty of actual studies on the media bias out there. Fox is always worst. In fact, I used to dismiss msnbc as being equally as bad, but after reading several studies, I had to revise my opinion. While msnbc (f.ex.) always gets noted for being way biased in these studies (which, of course, it is), fox always leads by light years.

Fox and MSNBC are both biased. The difference is that liberals understand, and have no problem admitting that MSNBC is biased. Conservatives are simply living on a different planet.

there are plenty of actual studies on the media bias out there. Fox is always worst. In fact, I used to dismiss msnbc as being equally as bad, but after reading several studies, I had to revise my opinion. While msnbc (f.ex.) always gets noted for being way biased in these studies (which, of course, it is), fox always leads by light years. Also, CNN lost viewers to msnbc, because when msnbc decided to produce "news" for a particular segment of society, the lefties who want to hear consolation rather than facts, cnn made a corporate decision to not follow suit - to their financial detriment.

if there are plenty of actual studies out there that support your opinion....why didn't you bother to include a link to any of them?

Fox and MSNBC are both biased. The difference is that liberals understand, and have no problem admitting that MSNBC is biased. Conservatives are simply living on a different planet.

A year back, I would have totally agreed. Studies do not agree, though. They all point out msnbc as definitely biased and fox quite a bit more so.

A year back, I would have totally agreed. Studies do not agree, though. They all point out msnbc as definitely biased and fox quite a bit more so.

again...a link to support your opinion would be nice

IMO the most neutral news on TV is PBS if taken as a group; in print, it is the Christian Science Monitor.

Isn't bias the state of mind where no actual facts will change your mind? Bush came into office with a surplus. Gore had the silly idea to hold onto that money in case something bad happened. Imagine, a politician having foresight. Anyway, Bush spend some millions to send us back our $300 dollars, gave tax cuts, and **** happened.

Now, I don't blame the president for much of what happened, but if we're blaming presidents, the bad stuff did happen on his watch. Tax cuts did not save the day. of the recent budgets, the 2009 budget, largely Bush's was the highest. Noting these things is not bias. Being factually accurate is not bias.

Isn't bias the state of mind where no actual facts will change your mind? Bush came into office with a surplus. Gore had the silly idea to hold onto that money in case something bad happened. Imagine, a politician having foresight. Anyway, Bush spend some millions to send us back our $300 dollars, gave tax cuts, and **** happened.

Now, I don't blame the president for much of what happened, but if we're blaming presidents, the bad stuff did happen on his watch. Tax cuts did not save the day. of the recent budgets, the 2009 budget, largely Bush's was the highest. Noting these things is not bias. Being factually accurate is not bias.

considering that under Obama we haven't actually had a budget...there is really nothing to give an apples to apples comparison to. :shrug:

I do see some bias on the left with main stream media, but does not even hold a candle to the Infomerical that is Fox. To have creditablity you should condem both. On a regular basis I hear stories (outrages) on Fox and find out the real story from a local paper. Often there is no similarity, like the guy diverting a little rain water vs a boating and fishing resivour. The real stories are difficult to get to because the RW blogosphere picks them up and there are literally millions of posts if you try to google it. Yes, some of the mainstream media is a little bias and that is wrong, but Fox completely loses touch with reality, daily and the conservatives act like they cant see that. Oh the double standard and hypocracy.

Fox is easy to avoid. The bias in the large majority of the rest of the media is not.

considering that under Obama we haven't actually had a budget...there is really nothing to give an apples to apples comparison to. :shrug:

Whether he presented one or not, we have had a budget. Again, the facts are what they are.

Two undeinable facts:
1: If Obama were a Republican, He'd be down by 20pts
2: If Obama were a Republican, the Dems/libs would tell us that, just going on His record, He's the worst President we've ever had.

Two undeinable facts:
1: If Obama were a Republican, He'd be down by 20pts
2: If Obama were a Republican, the Dems/libs would tell us that, just going on His record, He's the worst President we've ever had.

And republicans would be arguing the opposite. Your point?

Glad to see you didn't even try to deny what I said.

Why would I. There is very little difference between the parties. And both will blame the other while hoping they are sitting in office when the economy improves. Think of it as musical chairs. They know the economy cycles, and they spend their time trying to blame the one sitting in office and hoping they will be there when it changes. We help them play the game.

However, I limited myself here to what was factual. ;)

There is plenty of bias in the media from both sides.....some worse than others (FOX and NBC).....as for here on DP.....all you need to do it count up all the negative Obama threads or see how many posts are made on these threads to see where the bias is on this forum.

This forum seems to have a pretty good mix. I dont hang out on a couple of other fourms that I used to because they swung so far right and shouted down anyone that did not agree with them, it got kinda boring. This one has a some not real conservative posters and a few libreal mods. The biggest nightmare is a conservative site with all conservative mods.
There is plenty of bias in the media from both sides.....some worse than others (FOX and NBC).....as for here on DP.....all you need to do it count up all the negative Obama threads or see how many posts are made on these threads to see where the bias is on this forum.

Whether he presented one or not, we have had a budget. Again, the facts are what they are.

what we have had is stop gap measures. we had not had a budget. and yes, facts are what they are.

Heres a study showing fox viewers as the least informed viewers. btw

Some News Leaves People Knowing Less

dont get me wrong; msnbc is not worth watching 5 minutes of. To do so is to let yourself be tricked and I dont like being tricked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom