• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Best Pipes in Female Rock

Tina Turner
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DTcH5whk34xI&ved=0ahUKEwjzyLjkmbPTAhVp7YMKHVsWA-gQ3ywIKTAB&usg=AFQjCNFyeetsK1Q-kZo2JSeZvVC5rVJvVg&sig2=2OKdR5OeAiFUhyRt3jtTbQ[/video]
I spent a fair amount of time with Ms Turner in Vegas back in the 80's. She was the most decent 'celebrity' I ever worked for. She was also an extraordinary performer. She wore out sets of dancers on stage.

Two that can tap extraordinary emotion...

The title of this thread is misleading. Adele is in no way associated with "rock" music.

Insane range:

Do you consider Adele rock? I don't.... she's more adult contemporary.

It is hard to say anymore since on many radio stations and even talent/award shows it is quite subjective as to which (and how many) categories a paticular perfomer, much less a particular song, is in.

And the best song that will get posted in this thread:

i wouldnt categorize a lot of those picked as "rock"

and do we go back to the the 60's and include R&B in the rock genre

if so, there are a few BIG names yet to be mentioned

"rock" can be mellow or ear splitting....and can mean so many things to different people

Aretha has to be mentioned....she is R&B, but had rock influences

Carole King was easy listening but to some that is "part of" the rock genre

Suffice it to say we have been blessed with a LOT of superior ladies voices over my lifetime

And i couldnt of been happier

A Japanese woman, singing Scarborough Faire(in English), and nailing it:

Amy Lee (Evanescence), Dolores O'Riordan (Cranberries), Linda Perry (4 non blondes), Tina Turner, Bonnie Tyler, Hope Sandoval ( Mazzy Star), Nina Persson (Cardigans)...

Joan Jett in her heyday.... also many others already mentioned.

I would have leaned toward Gracie Slick, but she kind of petered out in the early 80's. So, my vote for top vocalist goes to Ann Wilson. Her voice is as powerful today as it was back in 1977.

Then:

Now-ish:

When i saw title i instantly thought: Ann Wilson.

I have to throw a vote for Debra Harry AKA Blondie.. She could sing but was also drop dead sexy ( in her time)

I would also have to throw out there: Bette Midler

djl

The Queen of Rock

Also, here's a perfect example of upstaging the **** out of someone. Lzzy Hale. <3

The song NBC thought was not worth broadcasting from the closing Olympic ceremonies in 2012...

The queen of good rock:

Back
Top Bottom