• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernie Sanders Is Dropping Out of 2020 Democratic Race for President

You interpret data incorrectly. Happiness is all that matters.

so,

Let it go.

You're just jealous that California is more beautiful that Texas.

You're just jealous that 10,000,000 more choose to live here than in Texas.

You're just jealous that Californians love their state more than Texans love their state.

I can't help that this is true. so....

Time to let it go.

Now shoo, go away. Let it go.

Living in a third world country certainly appeals to you, enjoy!!

According to you who has no credibility and wouldn't know a result if it bit you in the ass
The big picture: The imminent threats from North Korea seem a world away from June 2018, when Trump returned from his Singapore summit with Kim to boast, "There is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea."

In reality, Kim has expanded his nuclear arsenal since then, analysts say.
Using data from analysts and governments around the world, Japan's Nagasaki University estimated in June that Kim now has as many as 30 nuclear warheads. That's on the lower end of estimates, and it's up from as many as 20 warheads in the same study last year.
"Even though they're not testing right now, they're operating at full tempo," said Victor Cha, the National Security Council director for Asia under President George W. Bush and Korea chair at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
The Trump administration declined to comment.
Between the lines: Daniel Russel, President Obama's assistant secretary of state for East Asian and Pacific affairs, said that of the two leaders —Trump and Kim — only one appears to have had a strategy.

Trump broke with precedent, met twice with the isolated dictator and said "we fell in love" over "beautiful letters."
Russel described Trump's approach to Kim as "magical thinking, based on a narcissistic conviction that the tractor beam of Donald Trump's charisma was going to capture the Leninist dictator and pull him into some kind of condo-developing frenzy of good behavior."
Despite Trump's charm offensive, Kim's nuclear arsenal has only grown.

Exclusive: John Bolton hits Trump for bluffing on North Korea nukes - Axios

Yeah, Third world country, right You are DELUSIONAL.

View attachment 67277901

Awesome, just got back from Central America, absolutely stunning and beautiful beaches and yet people in complete poverty, Keep posting out of context pictures to divert from the fiscal and social disaster your state is in and keep ignoring the people fleeing your state only to be replaced by foreigners looking for the free handout and your support for illegals. Your state is an example of the liberal utopia you are trying to force on others. the top benefits and the bottom suffers. Isn't that what you blame on conservatives?

The big picture: The imminent threats from North Korea seem a world away from June 2018, when Trump returned from his Singapore summit with Kim to boast, "There is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea."

In reality, Kim has expanded his nuclear arsenal since then, analysts say.
Using data from analysts and governments around the world, Japan's Nagasaki University estimated in June that Kim now has as many as 30 nuclear warheads. That's on the lower end of estimates, and it's up from as many as 20 warheads in the same study last year.
"Even though they're not testing right now, they're operating at full tempo," said Victor Cha, the National Security Council director for Asia under President George W. Bush and Korea chair at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
The Trump administration declined to comment.
Between the lines: Daniel Russel, President Obama's assistant secretary of state for East Asian and Pacific affairs, said that of the two leaders —Trump and Kim — only one appears to have had a strategy.

Trump broke with precedent, met twice with the isolated dictator and said "we fell in love" over "beautiful letters."
Russel described Trump's approach to Kim as "magical thinking, based on a narcissistic conviction that the tractor beam of Donald Trump's charisma was going to capture the Leninist dictator and pull him into some kind of condo-developing frenzy of good behavior."
Despite Trump's charm offensive, Kim's nuclear arsenal has only grown.

Exclusive: John Bolton hits Trump for bluffing on North Korea nukes - Axios

You want to start a foreign policy thread to attack Trump, go for it, this isn't it! Are we worse off today with NK than we were with Obama?? I know how important John Bolton's comments were to you when he was a Trump supporter and in his Administration. I also know that nothing Trump does even when positive will resonate with you. I really don't see any reason to continue this discussion with you as nothing is going to change your mind or mine making this a waste of time, bye!!

Awesome, just got back from Central America, absolutely stunning and beautiful beaches and yet people in complete poverty, Keep posting out of context pictures to divert from the fiscal and social disaster your state is in and keep ignoring the people fleeing your state only to be replaced by foreigners looking for the free handout and your support for illegals. Your state is an example of the liberal utopia you are trying to force on others. the top benefits and the bottom suffers. Isn't that what you blame on conservatives?

You need to let go of this, people are beginning to talk.

You need to let go of this, people are beginning to talk.

Good, about damn time, ever been down the Baja? Keep posting pictures of your beautiful beaches ignoring the social and moral disaster going on in your state and the reality that not since the 60's has California had a Republican Legislature. California, the bluest state of them all has the results that liberalism promises, dependence, debt, high cost of living, high taxes, more social engineering, large wage gap. This is what you people want to force on the country, for without the beaches and weather you have absolutely nothing else to offer

Good, about damn time, ever been down the Baja? Keep posting pictures of your beautiful beaches ignoring the social and moral disaster going on in your state and the reality that not since the 60's has California had a Republican Legislature. California, the bluest state of them all has the results that liberalism promises, dependence, debt, high cost of living, high taxes, more social engineering, large wage gap. This is what you people want to force on the country, for without the beaches and weather you have absolutely nothing else to offer

Let it go, this obsession of yours is not healthy.

Nor is your denial of reality ignoring the official results simply because you are happy

California has a several billion dollar surplus. The State exchange is Robust, Texas doesn't have one
I know a poor person in Texas that can't get health care. I'm on the lower end of earnings, and I have health care ( though they switched me to medicare when I was 66), so California, in all her wisdom, was looking out for me, as was Obama. Republicans DO NOT WANT everyone to have health care, they only want people who can afford it to have it. They are evil.

I could give you many examples of why California blows Texas away, why conservatism is a bankrupt ideology, but, alas, your commentary reveals an incorrigible ignorance that is insurmountable.

I'll give you an great example of how 'conservationism" fails

The "Kansas Experiment". (Wikipedia)

The Kansas experiment refers to Kansas Senate Bill Substitute HB 2117, a bill signed into law in May 2012 by Sam Brownback, Governor of the state of Kansas.[1] It was one of the largest income tax cuts in the state's history,[2] which Brownback believed would be a "shot of adrenaline into the heart of the Kansas economy".[3]

The cuts were based on model legislation published by the conservative American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC),[4][5] supported by The Wall Street Journal,[6][7] supply-side economist Arthur Laffer,[8] and anti-tax leader Grover Norquist.[9] The law cut taxes by US$231 million in its first year, and cuts were projected to total US$934 million after six years,[10] by eliminating taxes on business income for the owners of almost 200,000 businesses and cutting individual income tax rates.[10] Brownback compared his tax policies with those of Ronald Reagan, but also described them as "a real live experiment",[11] and had predicted that by 2020 they would have created an additional 23,000 jobs.[2]

However, by 2017 state revenues had fallen by hundreds of millions of dollars,[12] causing spending on roads, bridges, and education to be slashed.[13][14] With economic growth remaining consistently below average,[15] the Republican Legislature of Kansas voted to roll back the cuts; although Brownback vetoed the repeal, the legislature succeeded in overriding his veto.[16]

The Kansas experiment[17] has also been called the "Great Kansas Tax Cut Experiment,"[15] the "Red-state experiment,"[18] "the tax experiment in Kansas,"[19] and "one of the cleanest experiments for how tax cuts affect economic growth in the U.S."[20]

Discussions on why it failed:

Failed tax-cut experiment in Kansas should guide national leaders | TheHill

Kansas Provides Compelling Evidence of Failure of "Supply-Side" Tax Cuts | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

I could debate this with you, but you are not interested in a debate, you are only interested in cramming bankrupt ideology down my throat.

Therefore, I'm putting you in my kill file ( DP has an 'ignore user' function, and my term is borrowed from the old usenet era lingo.) So I wouldn't be able to see your comments, after this. And I'm only doing this because you are totally and completely unwilling to debate honestly with me, as you only have your data, which totally ignores more important factors, and nothing else can penetrate your brain, you are exhausting, and boring me out of my mind, I don't even know why I allowed this thread to continue this far, I must be a masochist ).

I'm done with you.

California has a several billion dollar surplus. The State exchange is Robust, Texas doesn't have one
I know a poor person in Texas that can't get health care. I'm on the lower end of earnings, and I have health care ( though they switched me to medicare when I was 66), so California, in all her wisdom, was looking out for me, as was Obama. Republicans DO NOT WANT everyone to have health care, they only want people who can afford it to have it. They are evil.

I could give you many examples of why California blows Texas away, why conservatism is a bankrupt ideology, but, alas, your commentary reveals an incorrigible ignorance that is insurmountable.

I'll give you an great example of how 'conservationism" fails

The "Kansas Experiment". (Wikipedia)

Discussions on why it failed:

Failed tax-cut experiment in Kansas should guide national leaders | TheHill

Kansas Provides Compelling Evidence of Failure of "Supply-Side" Tax Cuts | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

I could debate this with you, but you are not interested in a debate, you are only interested in cramming bankrupt ideology down my throat.

Therefore, I'm putting you in my kill file ( DP has an 'ignore user' function, and my term is borrowed from the old usenet era lingo.) So I wouldn't be able to see your comments, after this. And I'm only doing this because you are totally and completely unwilling to debate honestly with me, as you only have your data, which totally ignores more important factors, and nothing else can penetrate your brain, you are exhausting, and boring me out of my mind, I don't even know why I allowed this thread to continue this far, I must be a masochist ).

I'm done with you.

Then apply that surplus to the record debt you have, are you really this naïve and poorly informed or is this an act?

You don't live in Kansas so worry about your own problems, I feel sorry for people like you

Back
Top Bottom