• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ben Carson Confuses A Housing Term For A Cookie

A smart, educated and thoughtful man vs any politician.

Whether you like it or not, he is a politician. Politicians run government. I’d rather have a jerk who knows what he is doing than a nice guy completely ignorant of his job.

To me, he is similar to Ron Paul. Slow to speak, slow to anger. But hey, some like the snappy back alley come backs.
Ok, I haven't looked into his medicine cabinet. I have the same angst and sleepless nights about Pelosi.

He's an idiot savant. Great in one field, but outside of that one area or expertise, he's Rainman.

Whether you like it or not, he is a politician. Politicians run government. I’d rather have a jerk who knows what he is doing than a nice guy completely ignorant of his job.

Just described Trump vs Obama.....:lamo

And this is news WHY? Perhaps the Congresswoman should have first defined her acronyms before using them.

Are you surprised? Carson is a guy who stated he believes that the Great Pyramids were constructed by the biblical Joseph for the purpose of storing grain. He also has a painting in his house of himself and Jesus wearing bath robes..

So everyone can enjoy the masterpiece:

shocking-truth-behing-painting-of-ben-carson-jesus-christ-01.jpg

He's an idiot savant. Great in one field, but outside of that one area or expertise, he's Rainman.

Prove it.

Your lie above does not count as proof.

I think you are splitting semantic hairs.

IMO being head of HUD and not knowing what an REO is is complete incompetence. He got R=Real, E=Estate, and had to guess at the "O" - "Organization"?. No, the "O" is for "Owned". What happens when a property goes to foreclosure.

This is incompetence of the highest order. What does he do in his office all day if he doesn't even know the most basic facts?

Prove it.

I know this wasn't addressed to me, but quit letting other people do your thinking for you, and actually watch the hearing. He didn't know what an REO was. And he's the head of HUD.

I'd bet a paycheck that he abuses prescription narcotics, which would explain his slurred/stuttered speech and confused rapport.
I'd bet a year's salary that you are wrong. He is one of the few people in DC with ethics.

Prove it.

Prove what? He was a great brain surgeon. But the guy thinks that the pyramids were built to store grain. Reasonably smart people do not believe that. Plus watch him speak. He's either addicted to narcotics or he's Rainman.

And this is news WHY? Perhaps the Congresswoman should have first defined her acronyms before using them.

Did anyone happen to think that Mr. Carson might be a tad hard of hearing? He is 69 years old, after all.
The congresswoman acted childishly petty and condescending. Typical of today's congressional members who spend more time drilling Republicans than doing the job they were elected to do by the taxpayer; legislate.

There is absolutely NO proof that this man does not know his job at HUD because he misheard a "word."
The outrage coming from the usual suspects is fake.

What about what about what about what about What about wWhat about what about what about what about hat about what about what about What about what about what about what about What about what about what about what about What about what about what about what about What about what about what about what about What about what about what about what about

Irrelevant and nonsensical reply.

When you attack the current president as an embarrassment via an APPOINTEE's gaffe, and someone presents evidence that the last president HIMSELF did not know how many states there are - !!! - you've just lost the debate.

What about that?

:)

Just described Trump vs Obama.....:lamo

Trump started a mortgage company at the height of the housing bubble and lost $1 billion over a decade. He doesn’t even know real estate, let alone how to run a country.

"Her" acronyms are part of the department he runs. Don't you think he should understand the basics of the department he runs? This wasn't some obscure or just made up acronym, it's even on the HUD site.

And this is news WHY?

Because it just happened...

Perhaps the Congresswoman should have first defined her acronyms before using them.

Lol, REO is a basic housing term. The head of HUD should know she was not referring to a cookie, especially during a hearing on housing...

I knew the Trumpcult would embarrass itself defending the ignorance of this Administration and you guys have not disappointed. :lamo

I know this wasn't addressed to me, but quit letting other people do your thinking for you, and actually watch the hearing. He didn't know what an REO was. And he's the head of HUD.

You're correct. My understanding came from a headline, and after review I realize I missed context.
I went back and reread the entire transcript regarding the REO comment. My apologies.

Thanks for setting me straight, my friend. :)

Funny thing is, he isn't stupid by any means. He is a brilliant surgeon and an innovator in medicine. Which is why it's mystifying to anyone whose brain works right that Trump appointed him head of HUD. Was it due to the fact that he's black and Trump thought that would make a good appearance for HUD? Most likely.

I felt sorry for him yesterday. Anyone who knows anything about housing, lending, or banking knows the term REO. It's been commonly used for decades. Decades. And the fact that he didn't know it was just sad and horrific.

Irrelevant and nonsensical reply.

When you attack the current president as an embarrassment via an APPOINTEE's gaffe, and someone presents evidence that the last president HIMSELF did not know how many states there are - !!! - you've just lost the debate.

What about that?

:)

Every president makes gaffes. That is nothing new. Trump and his cohort has gone beyond basic gaffes. Only a cultist would say otherwise.

Carson isn't expected to know the industry standard acronyms for the department he heads?

You have the worst case of TDS I've seen. :lamo

Back
Top Bottom