• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Being Black in America is Tough"

Dood...you are the biggest racist on this board. You constantly sling generalities regarding race and racism.

I'm sure we all do that, but those don't make someone racist! Racism is believing a race is inferior. Just because he slings generalities around, that just means he discriminates, or generalizes, or has a variety of prejudices. You might even get him on occasional self-righteousness. But those are an entirely different animal than racism. You'd think after this many pages you wouldn't be making these types of errors.

I bet you complain about others meaninglessly using the term.
I dont complain about you being racist. Why would I care about people using the term?

I'm sure we all do that, but those don't make someone racist! Racism is believing a race is inferior. Just because he slings generalities around, that just means he discriminates, or generalizes, or has a variety of prejudices. You might even get him on occasional self-righteousness. But those are an entirely different animal than racism. You'd think after this many pages you wouldn't be making these types of errors.
"The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."

now...look at his post #102.

"You're all about bootstrapping until members of your precious white race are impoverished."

Classic Eco. 1-His comment had absolutely NOTHING to do with the conversation in play, but 2-He does what he always does.

Eco is the 'good' kind of racist...the kind BLM type groups love. Eco is a white racist that freely vents hatred towards "white people". Eco ****s himself if someone would attribute negative characteristics towards "black people" but he has no problem offering blanket condemnations of "white people". Eco is that guy that will run and fetch coffee for them, stand in the back of the group with the other white people, and leave the room when he is told to. He's the kind of guy that excuses and in fact cheers on the racist antics that occurred at Evergreen University because...you know...reasons.

So your world is worse? I do agree that aging sucks ass. But the world in general, seems to be progressing.
Keep flinging poo from the sidelines though, if it's all you aspire to.
Look around. Its not my world. Its the modern day college campus across the country. Somewhere along the way we were making pretty decent progress as a people, then some ****head grabbed the steering wheel and yanked hard to the left. Now you have ****heads at places like Yale and Harvard shrieking about fears over Halloween costumes and racists professors that wont protect them. You have graduates demanding segregated ceremonies...THATS ****ing brilliant...isnt it? You have one of the most liberal campuses in the country with tewachers being terrorized for refusing to leave the campus. Hell...its gotten so ****ing ridiculous that LSU is being petitioned to change the mascot because now "Tigers" is racist too.

Better? Get the **** out. Its gotten stupid.

So said LeBron James after his LA residence was vandalized by some moron writing a racial slur [the N-word] on his gate. Here's the full quote.

I agree with his comment--it is hard to be black in this racist society. IMO, racism today is still not much better than it was back in the day. We've just learned to hide it more effectively.

But, I know several of you whole heartily disagree with me and James on this. Let's hear your take.

What incredible ignorance. From the days when Southern Democrats had laws on the books officially relegating blacks to the status of second class citizens such that it was impossible for them to vote or hold office to now, when LeBron can complain about defacement of his multi-million dollar home. No progress at all.

(I'm pretty sure this is yet another fake hate crime. That always seems to be the case.)

It's pretty rich to hear one of the most privileged people ever talk about how tough it is to be a member of his race.

It can be tough to be a member of any race, as the "poor white trash" living in a trailer somewhere will tell you.

The difference between us is that racism is real for me. I don't get money or power by claiming so. I accept it as part of my reality, and part of my friendships, my work life, etc., but I don't accept it easily and I am growing tired of it. I also have to accept that if I have kids, they will likely experience prejudice, which hurts me more than anything, so yeah, I can get more contemptible than this. :)

One thing is certain, you seem to think you gain power by claiming so.

You think you can draw assumptions about me because of your perceptions of my race, and place yourself in some special protected class as a result. They have a word for that that is often included with "racist".

Given how you have approached my comments, you are in danger of being not far removed from the sub-human cretins who embrace the agenda of the KKK.

I've written over and over that I can't understand racism. I can't grasp the intellectual and moral emptiness that compels someone to judge another simply because they look different.

Apparently that is not good enough for you.

So where does that place you?

Better? Get the **** out. Its gotten stupid.
Right. 100 years ago he'd have been a poor black man with it carved into his skin.
Now he's a celebrity multimillionaire and its painted on his estate's gate.
Progress. Still a long road to go, but progress.

If you are that worked up about cherry picked blurbs meant specifically to enrage you..come on, your strings are being pulled. Controversy is the coin of the right wing media, and they admit as much. It's addicting, inspires passion, just look at you all worked up because someone issued a "petition". Blacks are literally shot by racists who want them cleanses from the earth, yet a "petition" about a mascot names makes your blood boil.

The day your blood boils for matters that are actually deserving, you may too have made progress.

Right. 100 years ago he'd have been a poor black man with it carved into his skin.
Now he's a celebrity multimillionaire and its painted on his estate's gate.
Progress. Still a long road to go, but progress.

If you are that worked up about cherry picked blurbs meant specifically to enrage you..come on, your strings are being pulled. Controversy is the coin of the right wing media, and they admit as much. It's addicting, inspires passion, just look at you all worked up because someone issued a "petition". Blacks are literally shot by racists who want them cleanses from the earth, yet a "petition" about a mascot names makes your blood boil.

The day your blood boils for matters that are actually deserving, you may too have made progress.

:lamo

We MADE progress. We were absolutely trucking along making progress. 100 years ago ended a loooooong time ago. What we have been working towards is targeting legitimate instances of racism. What the race baiting clowns have created is a pathetic joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you believe that you're kidding yourself or being very naive. Or flat out lying.

Whatever.

Given your entire ideology is based on identity politics....mostly racism....I don't expect you to see it any other way.

lol...I don't see how scrawling the N-word on someone's gate is a "talking point."
Lol really, do you think the al sharptons, jessie Jackson's etc. Are not in the race business?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

What the race baiting clowns have created is a pathetic joke.
If it's a joke,then why is this "joke" your big emotional issue with regards to racism, and not actual racism,which is not a joke?

You are opposing anti-racist efforts and calling them jokes and the "big problem", while simultaneously claiming anti-racist efforts are being hindered...
You do see that you're doing what you're claiming is a problem?

Don't be too hard on yourself, you apparently drank some kool-aid of some sort, at least now you know your positions make no sense and you can correct them, silently if you need to. I won't judge, and anyone who does is an asshole.

If it's a joke,then why is this "joke" your big emotional issue with regards to racism, and not actual racism,which is not a joke?

You are opposing anti-racist efforts and calling them jokes and the "big problem", while simultaneously claiming anti-racist efforts are being hindered...
You do see that you're doing what you're claiming is a problem?

Don't be too hard on yourself, you apparently drank some kool-aid of some sort, at least now you know your positions make no sense and you can correct them, silently if you need to. I won't judge, and anyone who does is an asshole.
Lets be honest...I find a rich black man that lives a pretty ****ing awesome life 99.99999% of the time whining about how tough it is being black in America pretty ****ing silly. Just like I would find it pretty silly if I ran around with my pooor tender feeelerz hurt because someone on this site called me a name. I think concern about racism should be reserved for real world honest to goodness no bull**** incidents of racism. Does it exist? of course. Are people racist? You bet. Are the REAL concerns about race and racism better? There were. Are they now? Now we have people whining because the rem 'black hole' is racist. No...just like the real world problems of feminism have gone from progress to a bunch of ****heads with tape across their nipples wailing about the eeeeevil patriarchy and singing an ode to there vagina.

And you can pat yourself on the back for that kind of ridiculous bull****.

Lets be honest...I find a rich black man that lives a pretty ****ing awesome life 99.99999% of the time whining about how tough it is being black in America pretty ****ing silly.
Ignorance. Lack of empathy. Why is this not a surprise?
Rich people suffer from 99.9% of bad things that everyone else in the U.S. suffer from. Worry is worry, depression is depression, shame is shame, infidelity and relationships always hurt (more if you're rich and they take half!), they struggle, they get cancer, they suffer, they die. Maybe you never learned empathy, I sympathize.

Just like I would find it pretty silly if I ran around with my pooor tender feeelerz hurt because someone on this site called me a name
So now you're' comparing someone calling a seemingly white adult male, a "name" on a public forum, as being in the same ballpark as racism for black Americans.
How is that not both wrong, and potentially a signal of racism when you write something so absurd that's clearly anti-anti-racism?
You do know what happens to a double negative right?

And you can pat yourself on the back for that kind of ridiculous bull****.
And yet these issues you're crying about seem to be less relevant than the actual issues of racism/misogyny in the U.S. (and the world). Despite your earnest feelings that you're the victim here.

Ignorance. Lack of empathy. Why is this not a surprise?
Rich people suffer from 99.9% of bad things that everyone else in the U.S. suffer from. Worry is worry, depression is depression, shame is shame, infidelity and relationships always hurt (more if you're rich and they take half!), they struggle, they get cancer, they suffer, they die. Maybe you never learned empathy, I sympathize.

So now you're' comparing someone calling a seemingly white adult male, a "name" on a public forum, as being in the same ballpark as racism for black Americans.
How is that not both wrong, and potentially a signal of racism when you write something so absurd that's clearly anti-anti-racism?
You do know what happens to a double negative right?

And yet these issues you're crying about seem to be less relevant than the actual issues of racism/misogyny in the U.S. (and the world). Despite your earnest feelings that you're the victim here.

Your ***** hurts. Why is this not a surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think white cultures have benefitted gtreatly from just being great at documentation. When you can write the history it is if great advantage. There are several en Pueblo's in Santa Fe County here and their culture struggles because their history and even their tewa language is oral and not written. And as time moves forward and people change and modernize all the time... Unwritten history fades and those who wrote theirs control the narrative.

Hmm... never thought about it from that angle.

Physically, that which is written in the first two sentences of the last paragraph is correct. The most dangerous threat to a black person today is a black male, aged 18-30 or thereabouts. However, I've begun to see a much more insidious thing take root. And, that is what James is addressing, IMO.

No matter what you achieve, become president or the best basketball player on the face of the earth, if you are Black, you will still be seen as a N-word by far too many people--half of whom will probably just keep that thought to themselves and not scrawl it on your front gate. It's a core problem. And, it's an ugly truth that a lot of people will want to brush under the rug. But, in the end, it's probably at the root of what lies beneath that which I brought up in the first few sentences in paragraph one.

There is truth to that, calamity. As you acknowledged it is not all people, not all white people, but there still remains a sizable enough portion of people that will look down on even the most professionally successful and accomplished black man. Particularly ethnic Black-American men. I think the long history of Jim Crow segregation created some really deep tensions, particularly between whites and blacks.

The positive news is the last few generations have been doing away with a lot (not all, or not all people with the last few generations) of this racial animosity or rejection.

"Being Black in America is Tough"

After lightly browsing this thread on break...

I'm guessing there's a bunch of cons in this thread that totally missed lebrons point. I'm also guessing they are telling him to shut up about blackness and America by glibly pointing out that anyone who makes a lot of money has a comparatively easy life.

So... When's the last time Larry Bird's homes were vandalized with hateful garbage?

Lebrons point is that despite fame and riches, black people are subjected to racism.

Last edited:
Your ***** hurts. Why is this not a surprise. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And you're out. Fun watching you confirm everything you claimed to oppose though.

Re: "Being Black in America is Tough"

Lebrons point is that despite fame and riches, black people are subjected to racism.
No, VanceMack seem to think Lebrons claim is whining, and is actually the cause of the current rise in racism in the U.S. I wish I was kidding.

I'm guessing there's a bunch of cons in this thread that totally missed lebrons point. I'm also guessing they are telling him to shut up about blackness and America by glibly pointing out that anyone who makes a lot of money has a comparatively easy life.

So... When's the last time Larry Bird's homes were vandalized with hateful garbage?

When did racism escape the democrat party?

Been to Boston lately?

I liked this post. BUT I want to point out that a lot of white people go through struggles, and hell, and I can see how they can get jaded or upset by privileged Black-Americans, especially as celebrity figures and sports stars today. Complaining about racism. Honestly, it can irk me to at times and I'm not white but part black. Ethically Black-American.

But when try to see or understand what a person is trying to say from the shoes they are in then you can better grasp their message or at least *attempted* message. Sometimes we don't articulate or express things in the best way. So, in that sense one can see where LeBron was coming from and one can see where the white critique irked by his reported comments is coming from.

It should be acknowledged lots of black celebrities are privileged. And acknowledged that there are lots of whites, lots of blacks, lots of everyone that have little privilege in their societies, and that many suffer greatly in one form or another (psychological, emotional).

This is not to dismiss celebrities or the rich or the respected in the sufferings they go through. Money can't buy happiness. Fame can also be a curse too.

And, that pretty much sums it up.

So that was done by some idiot. Obama's ideology and policies are reflective of all the blue state sh!tholes like New York.

bull crap, the **** holes are all in the republican south

Back
Top Bottom