• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Battlefield 4 for PC

Thanks, but I said I already did that. And besides I shouldn't have to given the equipment I purchased. My system is good enough that it should run properly right out of the box.

Is it only with multiplayer? Is it the internet connection? Connecting to distant servers? All of that stuff was always a huge issue with BF in the past. The maps are so huge and the number of players went to 64 per side, making everything glitch. Sometimes playing smaller maps helped for me.

Is it only with multiplayer? Is it the internet connection? Connecting to distant servers? All of that stuff was always a huge issue with BF in the past. The maps are so huge and the number of players went to 64 per side, making everything glitch. Sometimes playing smaller maps helped for me.

No, it sucks in campaign mode too.

Well, you've sure convinced me not to go back to PC if I get BF4!

The article shows that the console players are have identical issues. Apparently this software was rushed out to make Christmas, and not properly tested. When you go to an Internet based game, you had better be sure that it works as intended over networks that are not optimal. Sitting outside your own gaming server, and finding good performance hardly serves as a measure. From what I've seen in this game, that's how they must have tested it, under the most optimistic conditions possible. If you need a $5K gaming computer you are missing most of your customer base.

I am not familiar with AMD cards, so I have no idea, I have always had Nvidia cards.

AMD bought ATI. AMD is famous for making processors.

AMD bought ATI. AMD is famous for making processors.

I have always been Intel aswell, they just seem to be better for gaming. ATI cards may perform a bit better and are cheaper but they are far more unstable.

I have always been Intel aswell, they just seem to be better for gaming. ATI cards may perform a bit better and are cheaper but they are far more unstable.

Nvidia and ATI were THE graphics card companies for years. If you want to know my basics, read the first post.

Tried the game again after some Microsoft updates..........still sucks ass.

Has anyone tried this game? I got a copy as a gift for Christmas. I've been playing through the campaign trying to get use to the equipment and game play. I have lots of problems with lagging, sound jitter and intermitent freezing.

I have a PC with an i7 cpu, 8GB ram, amd 6900 graphics card, lots of drive space, wifi-n connection..........so wtf is the problem? I even switched to google chrome (identified as the best choice for this game). Uninstalling and reinstalling my sound driver helped for a while. All my drivers are current. I even lowered the video resolution.

It is not a great pleasure to play this game. I can only imagine the horrible play out on the servers playing with other gamers.

EA and DICE have problems with BF4...but I think part of your problem is your GPU. The AMD 6900 series card is comparable to the 500 series from NVidia. That's getting to be on the old side. You should seriously think about upgrading. I'd suggest something in the NVidia 600 series or better.

Or else turn your graphics WAAAYYY down. You won't get much better with what you have.

EA and DICE have problems with BF4...but I think part of your problem is your GPU. The AMD 6900 series card is comparable to the 500 series from NVidia. That's getting to be on the old side. You should seriously think about upgrading. I'd suggest something in the NVidia 600 series or better.

Or else turn your graphics WAAAYYY down. You won't get much better with what you have.

I'm not buying another graphics card til I see more postive feedback on this game.

I'm not buying another graphics card til I see more postive feedback on this game.

Well, I can't give it to you. I've never played it. But my son does. He has an old Core i7-950, 8 GB Ram, an Nvidia GTX 680 GPU and he's not had the problems you've had. The last time I talked to him, his issues with the game have been more server related. Graphics and playability have been excellent.

Anyway, I hope you resolve your problems. If you like online shooters, this game is just about the best there is.

Here's a random video to let you see some of the stuff in this game:

And here's a video of single player action:

Last edited:
Well, I can't give it to you. I've never played it. But my son does. He has an old Core i7-950, 8 GB Ram, an Nvidia GTX 680 GPU and he's not had the problems you've had. The last time I talked to him, his issues with the game have been more server related. Graphics and playability have been excellent.

Anyway, I hope you resolve your problems. If you like online shooters, this game is just about the best there is.

Here's a random video to let you see some of the stuff in this game:

And here's a video of single player action:

The card I have is a XFX HD697A-CNFC Radeon HD 6970.

Has anyone tried this game? I got a copy as a gift for Christmas. I've been playing through the campaign trying to get use to the equipment and game play. I have lots of problems with lagging, sound jitter and intermitent freezing.

I have a PC with an i7 cpu, 8GB ram, amd 6900 graphics card, lots of drive space, wifi-n connection..........so wtf is the problem? I even switched to google chrome (identified as the best choice for this game). Uninstalling and reinstalling my sound driver helped for a while. All my drivers are current. I even lowered the video resolution.

It is not a great pleasure to play this game. I can only imagine the horrible play out on the servers playing with other gamers.

I can't help you on that because it sounds like you have a better system than I have. I quit doing the BF and COD games because they were too short, and I don't play on line so it was just a waste of money buying such short games.

I can't help you on that because it sounds like you have a better system than I have. I quit doing the BF and COD games because they were too short, and I don't play on line so it was just a waste of money buying such short games.

It's my first time with BF, it was a gift.

American, it's your Video card for sure. I had a 6870 and it wasn't good enough to play BF4. I now have a 7870 and it plays just fine, although I will say that of all the BF launches BF 4 was/is by far the worst ever for EA. All kinds of problems with server crashes, DDOS attacks, coding, warping the list goes on. They did beta test the game and I was one of the beta testers, and the beta lasted well into three months which is long for this kind of thing. Dice, I think really wanted to get this right, but got it horribly wrong at the start. That all said, the game is stable now, and you can friend request me Roch_Warrior, and I'll look for you. Hint, if you're just learning and trying to level up, try Operation Locker map. Get the weapon you like, and then go play the other maps that require skills. :)

Another hint, depending on your style of play on that map. Shoot for Infantry kit and level up to the FAMAS. Gun kicks arse on that map at close ranges. ;)

Tim-

American, it's your Video card for sure. I had a 6870 and it wasn't good enough to play BF4. I now have a 7870 and it plays just fine, although I will say that of all the BF launches BF 4 was/is by far the worst ever for EA. All kinds of problems with server crashes, DDOS attacks, coding, warping the list goes on. They did beta test the game and I was one of the beta testers, and the beta lasted well into three months which is long for this kind of thing. Dice, I think really wanted to get this right, but got it horribly wrong at the start. That all said, the game is stable now, and you can friend request me Roch_Warrior, and I'll look for you. Hint, if you're just learning and trying to level up, try Operation Locker map. Get the weapon you like, and then go play the other maps that require skills. :)

Another hint, depending on your style of play on that map. Shoot for Infantry kit and level up to the FAMAS. Gun kicks arse on that map at close ranges. ;)

Tim-

Thanks, now I would need to buy another freaking card. Just great! :roll: I haven't been an avid gamer, and haven't played a FPS for a while. I'm at noob level. :mrgreen:

Thanks, now I would need to buy another freaking card. Just great! :roll: I haven't been an avid gamer, and haven't played a FPS for a while. I'm at noob level. :mrgreen:

Hehe, well I could show you the ropes, and Operation locker is the best map for noobs. I play it when I'm a little buzzed because I don't have to think, I just run around shooting people in the face. LOL

Tim-

Hehe, well I could show you the ropes, and Operation locker is the best map for noobs. I play it when I'm a little buzzed because I don't have to think, I just run around shooting people in the face. LOL

Tim-

That sounds like every map in every game I've ever played, even the ones where teamwork is the intention. :lol: BTW, where did you buy your video card?

Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers. Those drivers count above everything. Also, check your swap space in virtual memory. What's your OS, 7 or 8?

My graphics card is an NVIDIA GTX 660, 2 gigs of Video RAM, and that's the best card I ever had. I paid about $289 for it, but it was well worth the price. I play the highest resolution and at ultra high settings. I don't have one hiccup, and I have an Intel Q9400 quad-core, with 8 gigs of DDR2 RAM.

Last edited:
Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers. Those drivers count above everything. Also, check your swap space in virtual memory. What's your OS, 7 or 8?

My graphics card is an NVIDIA GTX 660, 2 gigs of Video RAM, and that's the best card I ever had. I paid about $289 for it, but it was well worth the price. I play the highest resolution and at ultra high settings. I don't have one hiccup, and I have an Intel Q9400 quad-core, with 8 gigs of DDR2 RAM.

If you look at some of my other posts, I included the components I have. The CPU isn't as important as the GPU, I think mine is respectable enough though. Apparently my GPU is a couple years too old. I guess they figure you need to buy a new card for $250-350 every year. They put out half-finished games and turn computers into money pits.

If you look at some of my other posts, I included the components I have. The CPU isn't as important as the GPU, I think mine is respectable enough though. Apparently my GPU is a couple years too old. I guess they figure you need to buy a new card for $250-350 every year. They put out half-finished games and turn computers into money pits.

Or...you can do like I did. I bought two GTX 680's as soon as they were released. I don't think I'll have any GPU problems for many years.

I used to have a Pentium single core with an old graphic card that was AGP and PCI Express was out, then. I was able to eke out quite a bit of performance, still, and I never over clocked the processor or the GPU. I remember killing Windows settings for virtual memory and inputting my own values. Then I had 2 Gigs of RAM, and I would set virtual memory for 1/4 my memory, which had it at 500 megabytes, initial size and also maximum size. You also might want to turn off all the extra animations that Windows uses, which robs memory. I hope that will work for you because you mentioned you have an I7, which is truly state of the art. Me, I try to tweak as much as I can get out of an old system, so I don't have to upgrade until I can't play anymore of the new games. I just had to upgrade to Windows 8 because Crysis 3 wouldn't play on Windows XP, yet Dishonored played, even though game specs claimed that XP was incompatible.

Or...you can do like I did. I bought two GTX 680's as soon as they were released. I don't think I'll have any GPU problems for many years.

I thought about doing that when I built my last PC, but just opted for the one graphics card board. I discovered that you didn't get double power, it just split the power.

Back
Top Bottom