• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bangladeshi Village Burned Down After 'Prophet Mohammed Insulted' in Resident's Facebook Post[W:83]

re: Bangladeshi Village Burned Down After 'Prophet Mohammed Insulted' in Resident's Facebook Post[W:83]

What would you like to see done there? I mean...I read the article cited in that thread which stated that a militant group attacked and killed people (not the first time) and the Burmese officials have retaliated by showing them the door. Tough circumstances. SO...what would you like to do? Are you ready to go arm up and fight on their behalf? Go get em!!! And hey...since you have pretty much ignored the ISIS assault on both their Muslim and Christian victims for YEARS....its interesting that you have finally found your voice. Now. Suddenly.

So what would you like to do to resolve the problem?

There you go again, making assumptions based not on reality, not on anything concrete, but based instead on what you personally WANT to believe about me. Do you think it's good for people to make assumptions about you? No? Then stop making assumptions about others. Otherwise, you would only show yourself to be a hypocrite.

If y'all had listened to us a long time ago, ISIS would never have been born. Y'all were determined to follow Bush 43 in his quest to invade Iraq (never mind that he did so using faulty intel as his justification, and punished those who called him out on it)...and when Iraq was invaded and Saddam taken out of power, there was a power vacuum. The Iranians moved in and instituted a majority-Shi'a government...and the Sunni Muslims (including the Baathists who had been part of Saddam's regime) got pissed off...and eventually formed ISIL.

No, we didn't "ignore" ISIS - we tried to stop the invasion of Iraq...but y'all just had to have your war...and we're still paying for it today in that we're having to fight ISIS, the ones who stepped into the power vacuum so abhorred by nature...the power vacuum left by YOUR side's unwarranted and illegal invasion of Iraq. And thanks to the fact that Bush 43 decided to pay for the war on the national credit card, we'll be paying for it long after you and I are dead and buried.

re: Bangladeshi Village Burned Down After 'Prophet Mohammed Insulted' in Resident's Facebook Post[W:83]

Returning? The Islamic world has never been peaceful. Not for the reason of Islam being the dominant religion, but for the fact that most of the territory that has Muslim majority populations meets one of the following conditions:

(1) Is oil or resource rich (proxy resource wars)
(2) Is a former colony of a European power (wars over sovereignty)
(3) Had a despotic ruler instilled by someone other than the local population to maintain control over resources or to act in the interest of said European power

Islam was more or less on hold for quite a while. Their wars of conquest failed after their initial spectacular successes. Muslim countries became more secularized, but in the last couple of decades, a longing for the glory days of Mohamed has resurfaced. In every general terms, that's what I meant.

What is being denied? Speak up, I'm listening.

You just said you were suspicious about the facts of the story. Which facts particularly arouse your suspicions - the fact that Muslims were targeting non-muslims for violence over some perceived insult to the Prophet?

You just said you were suspicious about the facts of the story. Which facts particularly arouse your suspicions - the fact that Muslims were targeting non-muslims for violence over some perceived insult to the Prophet?

I've already responded to that question on this thread.

I have NO IDEA what you think you're responding to (and clearly neither do you). Do you even read my posts before whipping yourself into a lather?????

Don't give me this "I don't know what you are talking about" bullcrap. The obscenity of what you have stated and are arguing is clear to everyone.

There you go again, making assumptions based not on reality, not on anything concrete, but based instead on what you personally WANT to believe about me. Do you think it's good for people to make assumptions about you? No? Then stop making assumptions about others. Otherwise, you would only show yourself to be a hypocrite.

If y'all had listened to us a long time ago, ISIS would never have been born. Y'all were determined to follow Bush 43 in his quest to invade Iraq (never mind that he did so using faulty intel as his justification, and punished those who called him out on it)...and when Iraq was invaded and Saddam taken out of power, there was a power vacuum. The Iranians moved in and instituted a majority-Shi'a government...and the Sunni Muslims (including the Baathists who had been part of Saddam's regime) got pissed off...and eventually formed ISIL.

No, we didn't "ignore" ISIS - we tried to stop the invasion of Iraq...but y'all just had to have your war...and we're still paying for it today in that we're having to fight ISIS, the ones who stepped into the power vacuum so abhorred by nature...the power vacuum left by YOUR side's unwarranted and illegal invasion of Iraq. And thanks to the fact that Bush 43 decided to pay for the war on the national credit card, we'll be paying for it long after you and I are dead and buried.
:lamo

Your inability to own personal responsibility or to allow for the inadequacies of rat politicians is embarrassing.

Now...again....what would you like to do to solve the problem?

It's mobile phone penetration. Used phones are collected from Western countries, shipped and then sold in developing nations.

It works because (1) the second-hand market is massive and thus used phones are ridiculously cheap, and (2) mobile phones don't need the continuous power source that is only available when there's a working electric infrastructure. Therefore while most consumer electronics remain both unattainable and unusable in these areas, phones do not have that limitation.

Edit: Btw, I also find it as bizarre as you do. It's weird that an area doesn't have roads or that everyone's living in a dirt floor house, but at the same time everyone owns a cellphone. However it's not entirely surprising when you actually think about the massive benefits a phone offers and how paramount it'd be to own one.

Cell phones need cell towers. In an area that is so poor, I didn't expect the towers or the infrastructure to run the technology to be present.

Isn't that the same area that doesn't have clean water and the like?

My credibility is fine, thank you. I expressed what I intended to say. You asked a question, so I'll answer it. Yes, I'm surprised. I've never heard of a mob of 20k people do anything like this over something so stupid.

There are plenty of instances of Muslims rioting because of some claim that someone disrespected the Koran, or tore its pages, or disrespected the Prophet, etc, etc.

Just as an example, in nearby Pakistan, which Bangladesh used to be part of, a Christian peasant woman named Asia Bibi was accused by fellow farm workers of insulting Islam, after some minor quarrel. Muslim mobs burned her house down, terrorized her community, destroyed the habitation where she and her fellow Christians lived, forced the family to flee into hiding, and meanwhile the woman herself was arrested and sentenced to death for "crime". The state hasn't executed her yet, but she's been living on Death Row ever since. A state governor who made a speech urging the blasphemy law to be scrapped was soon assassinated by his personal bodyguard. When that bodyguard was executed for this, huge mobs filled the streets in protest, calling him a martyr - so much for that "tiny fringe minority of extremists" :roll:

There are countless cases like this across the Muslim world.

Religious extremism is a bad thing.

9Ytb1n7.jpg

CLUE.jpg

Literally just posted the link to thread. Apparently women, old people and little children are "transnational jihadis" now and deserve to be hacked to death with machetes.:roll:

Notice how the thread has been threadjacked by those who didn't like its topic and instead want to discuss their preferred topic.

The fact is that groups who form their own armed guerrilla groups to fight against the majority of the country are going to generate a backlash against themselves. But that has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, which is about Muslim mobs using Islam as a pretext to terrorize and oppress people. That's a major reason why so many other ethnic groups feel antagonized by Islam.

Notice how the thread has been threadjacked by those who didn't like its topic and instead want to discuss their preferred topic.

The fact is that groups who form their own armed guerrilla groups to fight against the majority of the country are going to generate a backlash against themselves. But that has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, which is about Muslim mobs using Islam as a pretext to terrorize and oppress people. That's a major reason why so many other ethnic groups feel antagonized by Islam.

Notice how those who support tyranny and terrorism are using every excuse in the book to try and justify their beloved "Myanmar"'s slaughtering of its minorities.

The fact is that the government of "Myanmar" is an incredibly brutal and corrupt regime which directly created dozens of different groups of resistance movement due to its own depredations. You can only kick around a minority group for so long before it starts to defend itself from corruption and slaughter.

And of course, by "Backlash" you mean the fury the government of "Myanmar" feels at the concept of having people shooting at them the next time their troops try to roll down the river for a nice rape and pillage session. They don't believe in actually fighting people who can fight back, so they take it out on the first innocent villagers they can catch. Meanwhile their western cheerleaders like you jump around and shriek with excitement every time you hear another Muslim village has been wiped out.

But hey, next time a Pakistani terrorist gang shoots up an Indian city, I'll remind you that according to your yourself.....you had it coming.

Of course no one on the Right has the least sympathy for the hundreds of thousands of Rohygniya Muslims next door in Myanmar being "ethnically cleansed".

In other words, there's LOTS of mud to be thrown around.

Does another horrible incident, in ANY way, justify or excuse this one?

Notice how those who support tyranny and terrorism are using every excuse in the book to try and justify their beloved "Myanmar"'s slaughtering of its minorities.

Notice how the threadjackers continue their threadjacking - a simple way to deflect by changing the topic.

The fact is that the government of "Myanmar" is an incredibly brutal and corrupt regime which directly created dozens of different groups of resistance movement due to its own depredations. You can only kick around a minority group for so long before it starts to defend itself from corruption and slaughter.

And of course, by "Backlash" you mean the fury the government of "Myanmar" feels at the concept of having people shooting at them the next time their troops try to roll down the river for a nice rape and pillage session. They don't believe in actually fighting people who can fight back, so they take it out on the first innocent villagers they can catch. Meanwhile their western cheerleaders like you jump around and shriek with excitement every time you hear another Muslim village has been wiped out.

Threadjacking reinforced by projection - projecting your feelings onto others only helps your delusion.

But hey, next time a Pakistani terrorist gang shoots up an Indian city, I'll remind you that according to your yourself.....you had it coming.

For the Left to justify any act of Islamist terrorism is par for the course. Whether it's the recent attack in NYC, or previous ones in cities across the world - as soon as an Islamist terror attack occurs, the Left come out to excuse, or downplay, or deflect. You and your ilk did the same in this thread - as soon as you heard about some people being terrorized by Muslims, you came out to deflect away from it. Clearly victims of Islamist terror are beneath contempt for you.

Notice how the threadjackers continue their threadjacking - a simple way to deflect by changing the topic.

Threadjacking reinforced by projection - projecting your feelings onto others only helps your delusion.

For the Left to justify any act of Islamist terrorism is par for the course. Whether it's the recent attack in NYC, or previous ones in cities across the world - as soon as an Islamist terror attack occurs, the Left come out to excuse, or downplay, or deflect. You and your ilk did the same in this thread - as soon as you heard about some people being terrorized by Muslims, you came out to deflect away from it. Clearly victims of Islamist terror are beneath contempt for you.

Notice how the supporter of tyranny and terrorism continues to whine about being called out on his utter bull****,

Nope, your cheerling for murderous thugs is pretty obvious buddy. They even made a Rambo movie about your heroes getting mown down by the dozen, you know that? And it wasn't even that unrealistic, because like the other groups so beloved of you and other bigots, they can't fight people with guns. Your idols swagger through defenseless villages, but pee their pants when some outraged local father gets sick of them raping his wife and daughter and stealing his things. Then they avenge their "honor" by rounding up the nearest band of villagers---making damn sure none of them have any way to fight back, of course---murder them, and declare it a victory over "rebels".

While you fully support terrorist attacks and celebrate the murder of innocent people. Your shrieks are meaningless. You don't care about innocent people being murdered; you are just upset more innocent of them aren't.

Don't give me this "I don't know what you are talking about" bullcrap. The obscenity of what you have stated and are arguing is clear to everyone.

How is it obscene to point out that the Religion of Peace is the most violent religion on the planet?

There are plenty of instances of Muslims rioting because of some claim that someone disrespected the Koran, or tore its pages, or disrespected the Prophet, etc, etc.

Just as an example, in nearby Pakistan, which Bangladesh used to be part of, a Christian peasant woman named Asia Bibi was accused by fellow farm workers of insulting Islam, after some minor quarrel. Muslim mobs burned her house down, terrorized her community, destroyed the habitation where she and her fellow Christians lived, forced the family to flee into hiding, and meanwhile the woman herself was arrested and sentenced to death for "crime". The state hasn't executed her yet, but she's been living on Death Row ever since. A state governor who made a speech urging the blasphemy law to be scrapped was soon assassinated by his personal bodyguard. When that bodyguard was executed for this, huge mobs filled the streets in protest, calling him a martyr - so much for that "tiny fringe minority of extremists" :roll:

There are countless cases like this across the Muslim world.

Your proselytizing is wasted on me. My observations are about the journalism of the story which was updated later in the day.

They even made a Rambo movie about your heroes getting mown down by the dozen, you know that?

Yeah, I saw that movie. Rambo 4 was originally going to be about the 9-11 attacks, as those were the events that actually prompted the desire to make the 4th movie. The original storyline had Rambo facing off against a now-grown-up son he had fathered while in Afghanistan in Rambo 3, with the son having turned into a jihadist terrorist.

But what happened was that the Hollywood left quickly turned against the war on terror, and it suddenly became Politically Incorrect. So instead, they had to come up with a new script at the last minute, and so they decided to return to the kill-the-gooks formula instead, with Burma providing the most convenient opportunity.

And it wasn't even that unrealistic, because like the other groups so beloved of you and other bigots, they can't fight people with guns. Your idols swagger through defenseless villages, but pee their pants when some outraged local father gets sick of them raping his wife and daughter and stealing his things. Then they avenge their "honor" by rounding up the nearest band of villagers---making damn sure none of them have any way to fight back, of course---murder them, and declare it a victory over "rebels".

You're literally believing in any arbitrarily lurid story you've heard and projecting it as fact - just like the people who destroyed the Bangladeshi village in the news article I posted.

While you fully support terrorist attacks and celebrate the murder of innocent people. Your shrieks are meaningless. You don't care about innocent people being murdered; you are just upset more innocent of them aren't.

On the contrary, it's you who knows nothing of the situation on the ground over there, and are choosing to believe what you want to believe. When one sees the kinds of attacks that have occurred against security forces in Myanmar, you can tell it's not a few angry villagers - it's an organized armed guerrilla force. Furthermore, none of these Bengali refugees wants to live in their native Bangladesh, they'd much rather use the opportunity to get refugee status in a first world country.

How is it obscene to point out that the Religion of Peace is the most violent religion on the planet?

How is it obscene to try and justify the murders of innocent people? Hmm.... you tell me buddy :roll:

Yeah, I saw that movie. Rambo 4 was originally going to be about the 9-11 attacks, as those were the events that actually prompted the desire to make the 4th movie. The original storyline had Rambo facing off against a now-grown-up son he had fathered while in Afghanistan in Rambo 3, with the son having turned into a jihadist terrorist.

But what happened was that the Hollywood left quickly turned against the war on terror, and it suddenly became Politically Incorrect. So instead, they had to come up with a new script at the last minute, and so they decided to return to the kill-the-gooks formula instead, with Burma providing the most convenient opportunity.

You're literally believing in any arbitrarily lurid story you've heard and projecting it as fact - just like the people who destroyed the Bangladeshi village in the news article I posted.

On the contrary, it's you who knows nothing of the situation on the ground over there, and are choosing to believe what you want to believe. When one sees the kinds of attacks that have occurred against security forces in Myanmar, you can tell it's not a few angry villagers - it's an organized armed guerrilla force. Furthermore, none of these Bengali refugees wants to live in their native Bangladesh, they'd much rather use the opportunity to get refugee status in a first world country.

No, they found yet another country run by a brutal junta with strutting goons kicking around the populace and decided to show what would happen if the thugs in "Myanmar" actually fought people with firearms instead of predstongbon unarmed villages and running away from the sound of shooting.

Gee, Hollywood turning away from a cliche script? No wonder you are so upset :lamo

Except no, it's not a "lurid story" in the slightest. The government of "Myanmar" has been doing this to minorities of one stripe or another for decades. These are actual events, and you approving of mass murder and rape because the victims are Muslims doesn't change the fact that it's still yet another attempt to exterminate a minority.

When a thug in "Myanmar" stubs his toe after raping a minority women, they write it up as an attack by sixty plus insurgents with RPGs. Your heroes have been doing the same old **** they always do to try and exterminate minorities, but no matter how many innocent people they murder it's not working, much to their and your disappointment.

Care to discuss the thread topic? What is your take on the fact that a spontaneously created mob of Muslims can burn down an entire village based on a rumor? Where does that fit into the left's "vast majority of Muslims are peaceful" rhetoric? This is a perfect example showing that a previous lack of violence does NOT mean that people are peaceful. It just shows they haven't been sufficiently provoked into becoming a vicious mob yet.

Oh really? Do we need to go over the history of violent mobs being started by rumors? Because I hate to break it to you, it's something which has been very common, especially historically.

Are you ****ing serious right now? So your excuse for the murder of innocent people is "they aren't innocent, they just haven't been whipped into a violent mob yet"? Do you even remotely comprehend how deeply ****ed up that way of thinking is?

So you'd be cool with a death squad rolling into your neighborhood, pulling people out of their houses and shot them in the stret, right? After all, they haven't done anything, but they might, under some set of circumstances, at some point, so might as just kill them now...... right?

God, the anti Muslim rhetoric is starting to sound like something out of the 1930s.

I defy anyone to look at this exchange and try to convince me that you haven't utterly lost your ****. What the hell are you replying to? Not only do you use quotes in a statement I never made (which I'm willing to bet is against the rules), but you follow it with a straw giant. What are you smoking?

I defy anyone to look at this exchange and try to convince me that you haven't utterly lost your ****. What the hell are you replying to? Not only do you use quotes in a statement I never made (which I'm willing to bet is against the rules), but you follow it with a straw giant. What are you smoking?

Your quote function doesn't work buddy. And you don't seem to comprehend how deeply you just played yourself. You legitimately seeing nothing wrong with murdering innocent people obviously blinds you to the glaring problem in your rhetoric.

You claim that things like, a group not having committed any violence doesn't mean they are peaceful or innocent; it just means they are waiting for a spark to turn into a violent mob. By your argument, no one is innocent, and all terrorism is justified, since all the people killed could, with the right stimulus, be a "threat". Your argument, frankly, is one of the most idiotic ones I have seen put forth to justify the murder of innocents thus far.

The real question is why bigots keep thinking it's safe to crawl out from under their rocks and spew their hatred and support for the murder of innocent people just because they are Muslim.

No, they found yet another country run by a brutal junta with strutting goons kicking around the populace and decided to show what would happen if the thugs in "Myanmar" actually fought people with firearms instead of predstongbon unarmed villages and running away from the sound of shooting.

Gee, Hollywood turning away from a cliche script? No wonder you are so upset :lamo

Wrong - the desire to make Rambo-4 was prompted by the 9-11 attacks. The original movie script for Rambo-4 was that he is forced to confront his son whom he fathered during his time in Afghanistan from Rambo-3, after learning that the boy grew up to become a terrorist.

Except no, it's not a "lurid story" in the slightest. The government of "Myanmar" has been doing this to minorities of one stripe or another for decades. These are actual events, and you approving of mass murder and rape because the victims are Muslims doesn't change the fact that it's still yet another attempt to exterminate a minority.

When a thug in "Myanmar" stubs his toe after raping a minority women, they write it up as an attack by sixty plus insurgents with RPGs. Your heroes have been doing the same old **** they always do to try and exterminate minorities, but no matter how many innocent people they murder it's not working, much to their and your disappointment.

You don't know anything about the ethnic makeup of Myanmar - you have a typical foreign tourist level of shallow "understanding". Myanmar is basically a bunch of local ethnic tribal kingdoms largely united under Buddhism, whereas the Bengali/Muslim presence there mainly started under the period of British colonial rule, and growing mainly after the independence of Bangladesh. Prior to that it was basically a bunch of Buddhists ruled from afar by India's Islamic Mughal empire with only a token Muslim presence on the ground.

Wrong - the desire to make Rambo-4 was prompted by the 9-11 attacks. The original movie script for Rambo-4 was that he is forced to confront his son whom he fathered during his time in Afghanistan from Rambo-3, after learning that the boy grew up to become a terrorist.

You don't know anything about the ethnic makeup of Myanmar - you have a typical foreign tourist level of shallow "understanding". Myanmar is basically a bunch of local ethnic tribal kingdoms largely united under Buddhism, whereas the Bengali/Muslim presence there mainly started under the period of British colonial rule, and growing mainly after the independence of Bangladesh. Prior to that it was basically a bunch of Buddhists ruled from afar by India's Islamic Mughal empire with only a token Muslim presence on the ground.

And they decided to make the movie about the ****show full of scumbags running things over there in "Myanmar" instead. BFD. The only people upset were people like you who didn't see anything wrong with what the thugs were doing.

And you have the usual disregard which comes from excusing genocide. "Myanmar" is little more than a corrupt junta, currently not directly in power but controlling huge chunks of the country more or less openly and kicking around--- and hacking apart every minority group they can catch.

And they decided to make the movie about the ****show full of scumbags running things over there in "Myanmar" instead. BFD. The only people upset were people like you who didn't see anything wrong with what the thugs were doing.

And you have the usual disregard which comes from excusing genocide. "Myanmar" is little more than a corrupt junta, currently not directly in power but controlling huge chunks of the country more or less openly and kicking around--- and hacking apart every minority group they can catch.

Threadjacker, your own desire to continually hijack the thread for your own single-minded ethnically prejudiced agenda shows your own negative intent. The people whose village was destroyed in the article I posted, didn't even elicit the slightest condemnation from you. So stop pretending you're about human rights, when you're really just about showcasing your prejudice for your preferred ethnic group.

How is it obscene to try and justify the murders of innocent people? Hmm.... you tell me buddy :roll:

The killings of the Rohingya is self-defense against Radical Islamic Jihadi terrorists. Cry me a river. Meanwhile we have "peaceful innocent bystander" Muslims burning down entire villages and committing murders because a mere rumor of supposed implied wrong doing. I feel for the victims of these Muslim murderers and I hope the Bangladeshi retaliates in full force.

Back
Top Bottom