• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Atheism is a religion [W:1586,2242]

They're all ideologies. They're all systems of beliefs. Facts that demonstrate these ideologies are scarce to nonexistent.
Here's another ideology allowed in American government: open borders. Why is open borders allowed in American government but not religion.

You are entirely mistaken, and misrepresenting reality. There can be no system of belief in nonbelief. The rest is silly.

Atheism is an ideology that can take part in the American government.

Other ideologies like religion and wiccanism are prevented from taking part in government.

Last edited:
You are entirely mistaken, and misrepresenting reality. There can be no system of belief in nonbelief. The rest is silly.

100% correct, any other claims are completely false ignorant and made up BS that nobody educated would by.
by definition Atheism will never be a religion lol
facts and definitions of words prove this already and it will never change.

could some other PRACTICE be called a religion that involves not believing in one thing but another, yes but thats not atheism lol

100% correct, any other claims are completely false ignorant and made up BS that nobody educated would by.
by definition Atheism will never be a religion lol
facts and definitions of words prove this already and it will never change.

could some other PRACTICE be called a religion that involves not believing in one thing but another, yes but thats not atheism lol

wow incredibly defensive when seeing the courts generally disagree with you and side with the long held philosophical views on the matter.

Other ideologies like religion and wiccanism are prevented from taking part in government.

yeh combined with some form of human secularism, that is their established state religion, the rest the state discriminates against.

yeh that would be like saying you will find some-thing in no-thing.

good observation!

That's backwards actually.

It is government that is prevented from taking part in religion, not the other way around.

So in theory you could have a bishop or something run for political office, so long as no decisions based on religion were made while in office.

I think?

It is government that is prevented from taking part in religion, not the other way around.

So in theory you could have a bishop or something run for political office, so long as no decisions based on religion were made while in office.

I think?
I'm pointing out, AGAIN, government's prejudicial treatment of religion when 'first cousins' of religion like, for example, atheism, liberalism and conservationism are allowed because of a faulty interpretation of the religion part of The First Amendment by Jefferson's SCOTUS. IMO, either accept all the ideologies or accept none of them. At least, will the 'separation interpretation' of the first include ideology so American government won't be so ideologically unbalanced.

When one of the aforementioned ideologies or any other ideology has an extreme prominence, government's reaction should be at least it's not religion??
Might at least slow down the wildly gyrating political pendulum that swings from side to ideological side every couple of presidential terms. So the first years or so of a new presidency aren't used up undoing what the other 'side' screwed up. And will also be more in tune with the will of the people and not a few representatives of the people.

Last edited:
..Instead of the will of the dreams of a few representatives of the people. We've seen a whole lot of, IMO, CRAZY dreams imposed on the American people by the ideology in power.

Last edited:

good observation!
Yes, ideology. Atheists can't prove it but they ALWAYS find no-thing in some-thing. It's a mind set. A way of looking at the world. Atheists aren't ideological... How pretentious.

Last edited:
Yes, ideology. Atheists can't prove it but they ALWAYS find no-thing in some-thing. It's a mind set. A way of looking at the world. Atheists aren't ideological... How pretentious.

The burden of proof has never and will never be placed on the person who asserts that something fictional does not exist until he is called upon to disprove actual evidence. It is a logical fallacy to ask a person to prove that something doesn't exist. You learn that in Logic 101. Atheism isn't the ideology. Its potentially a product of the ideology of skepticism and rationalism, but no idea is not an idea in the same way no belief is not a belief. No God is not a way of looking at the world. I don't run around seeing No God in every action and thanking No God for all the blessings of my life or attributing this or that to No God. Ideologies are like religions in that they are systems of ideas. Atheism is not, never has been, and never will be a system of ideas. It is a SINGLE idea. Again, it is potentially a product of a system of ideas, but it in itself has no system.

I'm pointing out, AGAIN, government's prejudicial treatment of religion when 'first cousins' of religion like, for example, atheism, liberalism and conservationism are allowed because of a faulty interpretation of the religion part of The First Amendment by Jefferson's SCOTUS. IMO, either accept all the ideologies or accept none of them. At least, will the 'separation interpretation' of the first include ideology so American government won't be so ideologically unbalanced.

When one of the aforementioned ideologies or any other ideology has an extreme prominence, government's reaction should be at least it's not religion??
Might at least slow down the wildly gyrating political pendulum that swings from side to ideological side every couple of presidential terms. So the first years or so of a new presidency aren't used up undoing what the other 'side' screwed up. And will also be more in tune with the will of the people and not a few representatives of the people.

How do you govern atheistically? What's an atheistic law look like that doesn't violate the 1st amendment?

The burden of proof has never and will never be placed on the person who asserts that something fictional does not exist until he is called upon to disprove actual evidence. It is a logical fallacy to ask a person to prove that something doesn't exist. You learn that in Logic 101. Atheism isn't the ideology. Its potentially a product of the ideology of skepticism and rationalism, but no idea is not an idea in the same way no belief is not a belief. No God is not a way of looking at the world. I don't run around seeing No God in every action and thanking No God for all the blessings of my life or attributing this or that to No God. Ideologies are like religions in that they are systems of ideas. Atheism is not, never has been, and never will be a system of ideas. It is a SINGLE idea. Again, it is potentially a product of a system of ideas, but it in itself has no system.
Look up the word ideology, why don't you? I'll help, In my words, a system of beliefs.

I'm not trying to debunk an atheist's way of thinking. I don't know why every atheist tries to explain their thinking to me (I really don't care, probably because I already know). Actually, the over explaining by atheists is where my theory of pretentiousness for atheists originates. You don't believe in anything... I get it, OK? That's your ideology, your way of thinking.

WHY ARE SOME WAYS OF THINKING ALLOWED IN AMERICAN GOVERNMENT AND OTHERS NOT? Especially when all ways of thinking are based on few facts? Allowed in government even though these ways of thinking become a disproportionate way for the country to think? In other words, allowed in government even though the majority of Americans disagree?

Last edited:
How do you govern atheistically? What's an atheistic law look like that doesn't violate the 1st amendment?
You mean the bogus separation of church and state interpretation of the religion part of the 1st amendment by Jefferson's SCOTUS. This and other misinterpretations of The Constitution have flourished. Why did Jefferson's SCOTUS rule so in the early 1800s? It was Jefferson's ideology that religion shouldn't be in government (not James Madison's the originator of the 1st).
And it was so. Jefferson was most likely an atheist, or whatever they were called, then.

Last edited:

good observation!

That's exactly what you keep trying to do.

Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair style. There is no religion in atheism.

I think?

There have been two priests in Congress:

Robert John Cornell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Robert Drinan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interestingly, Father Drinan's successor - Barney Frank.

Here is a interesting read I found on atheism that exemplifies to some extent the root philosophy and 'substantial' meaning of the word.

Here is how it works.

People absorb the environment around them. From this environment they sort out what they 'believe' on everything.

They sort what they believe as acceptable in one bin vs what they believe as unacceptable in another bin.

What they believe is the controlling factor in what and how they 'conduct themselves' throughout life.

Hence the substantial definition of religion is a 'belief that one acts upon'.

This is centered upon how the mind works in and of itself, not the final product or outcome of the process, though the outcome proves the process.

In other words if the final product is atheism or christian makes no difference, if a person governs themselves with regard to their beliefs no matter where derived it is when the will commits to action that it becomes officially 'their' religion.

In both cases the mind went through the same fundamental process as described above.

I struggled to think of the appropriate language that could be a work around to the premise and have not come up with any other construction that made sense. Despite who or what we are it boils down to a set of personal 'beliefs'.

Everything we consciously process is a 'belief', whether those beliefs are true or false notwithstanding.

In other words atheists 'believe' God does not exist. Use of the negative results in the same and is purely semantic.

It depends upon the atheist. I do think some of them pursue it with a zeal that is religious. However there are others who literally don't believe in anything.

Believers in the Supernatural seem unable or unwilling to comprehend that some reality-based people don't think along the tramlines as they do.

Welp...enough internetting for me, time to go practice my atheist religion by...um....by going....by saying...er...what exactly am I supposed to be doing again?

Welp...enough internetting for me, time to go practice my atheist religion by...um....by going....by saying...er...what exactly am I supposed to be doing again?

You are supposed to protest tofu factories. Tofu is an abomination.

You are supposed to protest tofu factories. Tofu is an abomination.

Tofu is fine if you mix it in with a lot of other crap. If you add enough meat you can almost forget you're eating tofu.

Tofu is fine if you mix it in with a lot of other crap. If you add enough meat you can almost forget you're eating tofu.

Blasphemy.

Blasphemy.

Here's how you prepare tofu. Add tofu, carrots, celery, garlic, olive oil and some pork into a wok and saute. After it's finished, put it in a plate and empty the contents of the plate into the garbage. Then make yourself a hamburger and eat that.

wow incredibly defensive when seeing the courts generally disagree with you and side with the long held philosophical views on the matter.
please dont make stuff up because nobody buys it LMAO
theres no defensiveness here since im a christian and not an atheist lol

and no they do not, this is a common misconception by the uneducated on this issue. simply not believing which is all that is required for atheism is not a religion. This fact will never change. Practicing a non-bliefe in very specific ways could be. HUGH difference lol try again. Fats dont change based on opinions.

also a person subjective philosophical is also meanignless to the facts

Back
Top Bottom