• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At least seven dead including shooter in rampage at Molson Coors

There's already armed security in those places. It isn't a gun free zone.

Sure. All these politicians for the right to carry, they just don't want you around them

It is too easy for anyone to get a firearm in the USA.

I think there have been plenty of events in Europe to demonstrate that more strict gun control doesn't stop anyone who has the will and desire to do something.

Sure. All these politicians for the right to carry, they just don't want you around them

All those politicians who want to ban gun ownership are protected by armed security. I guess their lives are worth more than yours.

I think there have been plenty of events in Europe to demonstrate that more strict gun control doesn't stop anyone who has the will and desire to do something.
There is no comparison between gun violence in the USA and the European Union. None whatever. A child could be born in Denmark, for example, and grow into old age without ever seeing a gun except as a policeman's sidearm.

There is no comparison between gun violence in the USA and the European Union. None whatever. A child could be born in Denmark, for example, and grow into old age without ever seeing a gun except as a policeman's sidearm.

Of course there is. I just made the comparison to prove you wrong. There has, in fact, been many instances of gun violence in Europe. Again, it only takes someone who has the will and desire to make it happen. It just happens to be that most Europeans don't seem to want to do such things. It's not the laws and regulations stopping them.

Of course there is. I just made the comparison to prove you wrong. There has, in fact, been many instances of gun violence in Europe. Again, it only takes someone who has the will and desire to make it happen. It just happens to be that most Europeans don't seem to want to do such things. It's not the laws and regulations stopping them.
This is a tired old argument which you people lost ages ago.

The shooter was black, and all of his victims were white males. Time to stop covering the story, and stop asking questions.

This is a tired old argument which you people lost ages ago.

It's still standing while you're flailing. You've not made any valid counterpoint. Europeans are just generally more passive people. Y'all been passified and should be thankful America has military there keeping you safe.

It's still standing while you're flailing. You've not made any valid counterpoint. Europeans are just generally more passive people.
I made my point which you chose to ignore.

current trends-European rates of gun violence and violence in general will keep increasing at faster rates than those rates in the USA

current trends-European rates of gun violence and violence in general will keep increasing at faster rates than those rates in the USA
Europe would have to make stratospheric changes to even begin to get like America in gun worship. It is foreign and savage to modern Europeans.

Europe would have to make stratospheric changes to even begin to get like America in gun worship. It is foreign and savage to modern Europeans.

its funny that a continent that had such things as the Nazi holocaust and the USSR exterminations would be so upset over gun ownership. Freedom does seem to terrify many in Europe-which explains the history so filled with dictatorships and despots

its funny that a continent that had such things as the Nazi holocaust and the USSR exterminations would be so upset over gun ownership. Freedom does seem to terrify many in Europe-which explains the history so filled with dictatorships and despots
It is because there were two catastrophic world wars and civil wars in the last century that modern Europeans have turned away from private gun ownership. There is another way of thinking which embraces freedom and peace toward an ever closer political union.

It is because there were two catastrophic world wars and civil wars in the last century that modern Europeans have turned away from private gun ownership. There is another way of thinking which embraces freedom and peace toward an ever closer political union.

Most of the brave men died in those two wars. what was left was a higher proportion of cowards, it seems. Giving government a monopoly over firepower is what lead to some of the worst atrocities in human history

Most of the brave men died in those two wars. what was left was a higher proportion of cowards, it seems. Giving government a monopoly over firepower is what lead to some of the worst atrocities in human history
Your comment is too ignorant and disgustingly offensive to warrant a reply.

Your comment is too ignorant and disgustingly offensive to warrant a reply.

its true. I heard that from dozens of people who served with the Brits and the French in both World Wars.

And I demolished it. You've yet to explain why there have been the mass shooting incidents in Europe that you've had. Who has been stopped that's tried?

Job related shooting? Maybe he was mad at his ex?

How can we stop these shootings?

Take away all guns, bullets, knives, sharp stabbing implements, anything that can be used as a bludgeon, anything that can be used as a garrote, don’t allow the teaching of martial arts, and make all people live in rubber rooms.

And I demolished it. You've yet to explain why there have been the mass shooting incidents in Europe that you've had. Who has been stopped that's tried?
Such incidences are rare in the European Union and unknown in many member states whereas they are common in the USA.

Such incidences are rare in the European Union and unknown in many member states whereas they are common in the USA.

You're avoiding the point of the question. What has been stopping the incidents, when people have wanted to do so? Again, seems to me it's a matter of will and desire. Your statement is shallow and irrelevant. It's like you saying, "You eat less pickles than me because we're able to stop you from eating pickles." when the reality is I don't eat pickles because I don't want to.

Modern Europeans would prefer to be robbed at knife point. Just ask Harry Styles.

You're avoiding the point of the question. What has been stopping the incidents, when people have wanted to do so? Again, seems to me it's a matter of will and desire. Your statement is shallow and irrelevant. It's like you saying, "You eat less pickles than me because we're able to stop you from eating pickles." when the reality is I don't eat pickles because I don't want to.

I grant you that Americans learn from an early age that violence is all right.

Was Harry Styles stabbed to death, then? Poor guy. R.I.P.

Fortunately for his robber, Mr. Styles wasn't allowed to defend himself with a firearm. Otherwise there would be one less european savage on the streets. Lucky guy.

Back
Top Bottom