• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you really defined by how you Vote?

Cigar

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
So I see a lot of Lefty, Righty, Liberal and Conservative and Broad Blanketing of Individuals and Groups.

So my question is, are you really how you Vote every 2 or 4 years?

Example: I'm more Progressive than Card-Carrying Liberal

• So does this mean I'm Pro-Gay Right? Well kinda, but I'm more like, stay the f'ck outa my business and I'll stay outa yours.
  • So does this mean I'm anti-Gun? No, but I'm anti every idiot should have the right to own one.
  • So does this mean I'm Pro-Abortion? (see the first bullet point)
  • So does this mean I'm ant-cop? No, I'm just anti-stupid-cop
  • So does this mean I'm for Obamacare? I'm for my fellow Poor-American getting the same life-saving Healthcare that I get and the Politicians get; and I don't mind paying extra for it, after all, I've been paying for The F-22 for most of my adult life and that f'cker hardly ever leaves the ground.
  • So does this mean I'm for BLMs? :mrgreen: F'ck yea ... just because it pisses off people.

:mrgreen: Let'R Ripppp

So I see a lot of Lefty, Righty, Liberal and Conservative and Broad Blanketing of Individuals and Groups.

• So does this mean I'm Pro-Gay Right? Well kinda, but I'm more like, stay the f'ck outa my business and I'll stay outa yours.
  • So does this mean I'm anti-Gun? No, but I'm anti every idiot should have the right to own one.
  • So does this mean I'm for Obamacare? I'm for my fellow Poor-American getting the same life-saving Healthcare that I get and the Politicians get; and I don't mind paying extra for it, after all, I've been paying for The F-22 for most of my adult life and that f'cker hardly ever leaves the ground.
  • So does this mean I'm for BLMs? :mrgreen: F'ck yea ... just because it pisses off people.

OK, you've got a lot of issues here, so let’s just take one for openers. Healthcare or Obamacare: Do you think it is the role of the federal government to provide healthcare for everyone?

OK, you've got a lot of issues here, so let’s just take one for openers. Healthcare or Obamacare: Do you think it is the role of the federal government to provide healthcare for everyone?

It's the Role of The Federal Governemtn to protect and care for it's poor, if it doesn't who will?

I don't need Government Healthcare, I don't need Medicare, I don't need Social Security... so if I don't need it, does that mean no one should get it?

What are we, Americans or just Selfish, Self-absorbed people who only care about themselves, or their narrow group, while pretending to be Exceptionable Americans.

Exceptionable at what? Being Selfish

It's the Role of The Federal Governemtn to protect and care for it's poor, if it doesn't who will?

I don't need Government Healthcare, I don't need Medicare, I don't need Social Security... so if I don't need it, does that mean no one should get it?

What are we, Americans or just Selfish, Self-absorbed people who only care about themselves, or their narrow group, while pretending to be Exceptionable Americans.

Exceptionable at what? Being Selfish

Slow down there cowboy, all I did was ask a question. You seem awful defensive. How come?

Absolutely not.

I'm a little of both. I do not vote party line, but for who I think is best for me and my family. Might be selfish, but nothing matters more to me than my family.

I'm pro-choice, but I don't agree with abortion on demand.
I'm not for gun control, but I think the laws we already have need to be tightened.
I think the government is too much in my life, but I accept that they are needed.
I am not against homosexuals, bi-sexual, anti-sexual, transgender, etc.
I am not anti-immigrant, but I am anti-illegal immigrant

Not sure where I stand with the refugee issues. While I want to help others, I believe there is a limit and we need to be smart about it. I am for America first.

Guess I'm all mixed up...haha!

That’s just a result of the general stupidity in the “human being” group. We naturally group and categorise ourselves and each other – it’s a defensive and survival mechanism – and those instincts can often override our higher intelligence, especially when it’s being deliberately manipulated. It’s much easier to get groups of people to do (or not do) something than to convince them all individually.

In reality, we’ve obviously all got our individual sets of understanding, beliefs, views and opinions and even then they’re pretty much constantly shifting and changing. I don’t even believe exactly the same things as me when I last voted so how am I going to be like anyone else?

Well, when I vote I’m normally cross and in a little box so… :D

Re: Are you really defined by how you Vote?think it

Absolutely not.

I agree. There is nothing in the "charter" or Constitution of the US that indicates there was ever an intention for the federal government to provide healthcare or "care" in general for everyone, except for the general protection of its citizens. That is not to say we couldn't if we, as a nation, decided to do that. "Cigar" asked an interesting question and that was, if the federal government didn't provide healthcare, who would? My answer is, yourself, family, friends, state governments, charities, churches, or purchase a health insurance policy. Again, that is not to say the federal government couldn't accommodate a safety net for those that were not able to secure healthcare in some other way. We, as a nation, have done that since FDR. But I don't think it is the role of the federal government to provide care or healthcare for everyone.

I'm a little of both. I do not vote party line, but for who I think is best for me and my family. Might be selfish, but nothing matters more to me than my family.

I'm pro-choice, but I don't agree with abortion on demand.
I'm not for gun control, but I think the laws we already have need to be tightened.
I think the government is too much in my life, but I accept that they are needed.
I am not against homosexuals, bi-sexual, anti-sexual, transgender, etc.
I am not anti-immigrant, but I am anti-illegal immigrant

Not sure where I stand with the refugee issues. While I want to help others, I believe there is a limit and we need to be smart about it. I am for America first.

Guess I'm all mixed up...haha!

I consider myself a conservative and agree with almost everything you said except gun control. Reason: The vast majority of murders committed in our country violated a gun law. I can't think of a law that could be passed that would stop even 1 murder without some serious violation of the 2nd amendment. I think what needs to be tightened are penalties for those committing a crime with a gun. And let me state here, most conservatives would absolutely agree with your other points, contrary to what some might have you believe.

I consider myself a conservative and agree with almost everything you said except gun control. Reason: The vast majority of murders committed in our country violated a gun law. I can't think of a law that could be passed that would stop even 1 murder without some serious violation of the 2nd amendment. I think what needs to be tightened are penalties for those committing a crime with a gun. And let me state here, most conservatives would absolutely agree with your other points, contrary to what some might have you believe.

Tightening Penalties are reactive means to Gun Crimes.

We already know that the mentally ill shouldn't have access to Firearms, so tough penalties for an individual after a mass murder doesn't help much.
We already know that Guns in the home of untrained, inexperienced and careless individuals are leading causes of death to toddlers, tough penalties for an individual after child shoots themselves doesn't help much.

Cars, Plans and Trains are Dangerous ... we just don't let anyone drive them.

Slow down there cowboy, all I did was ask a question. You seem awful defensive. How come?

;) I've had really good safety instructors, most of them are in Law Enforcement and or Ex-Military.

Tightening Penalties are reactive means to Gun Crimes.

We already know that the mentally ill shouldn't have access to Firearms, so tough penalties for an individual after a mass murder doesn't help much.
We already know that Guns in the home of untrained, inexperienced and careless individuals are leading causes of death to toddlers, tough penalties for an individual after child shoots themselves doesn't help much.

Cars, Plans and Trains are Dangerous ... we just don't let anyone drive them.

First, all laws passed for any crime are reactionary. Like all laws, they are a reaction to something. So, what is your point? I think the biggest murder problem is in our cities, not toddlers shooting people. That is not to diminish those horrible situations, but that is not our biggest issue when it comes to the US murder rate. So, what tighter laws would you pass that you think will significantly reduce the US murder rate in our cities or toddlers shooting people? I think a mandatory 5 or 10 year prison sentence for any crime committed with a firearm would go a long way in reducing shooting deaths and other crimes as well.

;) I've had really good safety instructors, most of them are in Law Enforcement and or Ex-Military.

Gang members are not going to take gun safety courses. Drug cartels are not going to make mandatory gun safety courses a requirement for membership. Gun safety courses are important and I think all responsible gun owners should take them. However, most murders are not committed by responsible gun owners. Most murders are committed by criminals with illegally obtained guns. And I would suspect, that most or at least a high % of the toddler murders you speak of are in the homes of criminals.

First, all laws passed for any crime are reactionary. Like all laws, they are a reaction to something. So, what is your point? I think the biggest murder problem is in our cities, not toddlers shooting people. That is not to diminish those horrible situations, but that is not our biggest issue when it comes to the US murder rate. So, what tighter laws would you pass that you think will significantly reduce the US murder rate in our cities or toddlers shooting people? I think a mandatory 5 or 10 year prison sentence for any crime committed with a firearm would go a long way in reducing shooting deaths and other crimes as well.

I'll stand by my belief, that not everyone should have access to Firearms ... and I'll let the Data and History back me up on it. ... and another thing, I bet most people don't know that 75% of All Environmental Laws were created from Settled Law Suits.

Yep ... even Big Corporations Vote against their own best interest. :doh

:lol:

Gang members are not going to take gun safety courses. Drug cartels are not going to make mandatory gun safety courses a requirement for membership. Gun safety courses are important and I think all responsible gun owners should take them. However, most murders are not committed by responsible gun owners. Most murders are committed by criminals with illegally obtained guns. And I would suspect, that most or at least a high % of the toddler murders you speak of are in the homes of criminals.

In the 50 plus years I've been on this earth, Gang Members have never once been a problem in my life, but a Nut with a Gun is the main reason why I pack today, because I come across them all the time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "The most dangerous individual(s) for me and my family are people who believe they are in "fear for their lives" just because I walked into the room or for nothing more than being myself. That is what I carry an equalizer ... because if someone is going to afraid, I'm going to definitely give them something to be afraid about.

:mrgreen:

I'll stand by my belief, that not everyone should have access to Firearms ... and I'll let the Data and History back me up on it. ... and another thing, I bet most people don't know that 75% of All Environmental Laws were created from Settled Law Suits.

Yep ... even Big Corporations Vote against their own best interest. :doh

:lol:

Not everyone can possess a firearm, at least legally. You did know that, right? And as far as access is concerned, criminals have access to guns; They break into a gun stores or homes and steal them. That's their access. I keep hearing from some people that we need stricter gun laws. I'm still waiting for that new gun law that will significantly reduce the US murder rate.

Last edited:

No. Just...no.

Not everyone can possess a firearm, at least legally. You did know that, right? I keep hearing from some people that we need stricter gun laws. I'm still waiting for that new gun law that will significantly reduce the US murder rate.

Then we're in agreement ... because I keep hearing from some people that they have a God Given Right to have one, and I say, my God thinks different.

There's in no Law that will prevent a behavior, they are meant to make us safer ... just like Laws won't stop Abortion either.

FACT ... Violent Crime is lower than it was decades ago, it's just gets more press now.

I'm against Obamacare mainly due to the mandate. That said, yes I do believe that the government has a vested interest in insuring that the American people stay healthy to a degree. They shouldn't dictate what people do with their bodies, but they should imo make sure that those people have access to the best possible care available if the people want to take advantage of such.

I'm against Obamacare mainly due to the mandate. That said, yes I do believe that the government has a vested interest in insuring that the American people stay healthy to a degree. They shouldn't dictate what people do with their bodies, but they should imo make sure that those people have access to the best possible care available if the people want to take advantage of such.

It doesn't work with out getting Young Healthy individuals in the pool.

Come-on, everyone knows how insurance works ... and they'll find that out ... AGAIN, once Obamacare is Repealed.

WAIT ...are you saying Politicians shouldn't dictate what people do with their bodies :lamo

In the 50 plus years I've been on this earth, Gang Members have never once been a problem in my life, but a Nut with a Gun is the main reason why I pack today, because I come across them all the time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "The most dangerous individual(s) for me and my family are people who believe they are in "fear for their lives" just because I walked into the room or for nothing more than being myself. That is what I carry an equalizer ... because if someone is going to afraid, I'm going to definitely give them something to be afraid about.

:mrgreen:

Now, that's interesting....

Back
Top Bottom