• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you proud of your race?

Are you proud of your race?

• Total voters
Should I? If I am you people would turn it around and, call me a racist! Should I be ashamed? Should I go homeless because I am the problem? You know it’s funny that we’re not holding individuals accountable! I’m sick of this racial bias and, frankly guess what all these emotional liberals you are the problem too. You think that we should give them everything because we should be sorry about what our generations had done! I’m sorry isn’t enough! What do you people want us to do?

Should I? If I am you people would turn it around and, call me a racist! Should I be ashamed? Should I go homeless because I am the problem? You know it’s funny that we’re not holding individuals accountable! I’m sick of this racial bias and, frankly guess what all these emotional liberals you are the problem too. You think that we should give them everything because we should be sorry about what our generations had done! I’m sorry isn’t enough! What do you people want us to do?

giphy.gif

More like the other way round.

There were plenty of eco-systems all over the world supporting precisely those herbivores in abundant numbers.

The bison population rose to an unnatural level due to their predators being wiped out.

Last edited:
Doesn't savannah in general support overpopulated gargantuan herbivores? Bison in North America, all of southern Africa's megafauna, and macropods in eastern Australia?

What happens when we remove the top predator from a habitat?

You think we removed the top predator and nothing changed? Has that ever happened? Could that happen?

Last edited:
I wish you were right, Buzz. Sadly, statistical evidence demonstrates disparity. This isn't a matter of opinion.

Statistical evidence shows this because, IMO, these coloured people insist on victimhood and the destruction of the family unit.
Hell any coloured person growing up in a single parent family on welfare would be at a disadvantage.
Even white people. ANYONE.

The bison population rose to an unnatural level due to their predators being wiped out.
If we're still talking American Plains Indians here, much of their decimation occurred by the white man killing their primary source of living.

IOW the Bison in their thousands.

The demise of the Bison preceded the demise of the natives.

If we're still talking American Plains Indians here, much of their decimation occurred by the white man killing their primary source of living.

IOW the Bison in their thousands.

The demise of the Bison preceded the demise of the natives.

The demise of the Bison hit full swing in the 1870s. When were Native Americas wiped out by disease? Not the 1900s.

Statistical evidence shows this because, IMO, these coloured people insist on victimhood and the destruction of the family unit.
Hell any coloured person growing up in a single parent family on welfare would be at a disadvantage.
Even white people. ANYONE.

Please illustrate how "these coloured people" (FFS, Buzz!) "insist" on victimhood and the destruction of the family unit. As if that's what every marginalized person dreams of when they're little, while white kids dream of being astronauts or CEO's. :roll:

Anyway...this is a pointless conversation we've had many times, and I don't feel like being mad at you today.

The demise of the Bison hit full swing in the 1870s. When were Native Americas wiped out by disease? Not the 1900s.
If you want to rewrite history to fit your theories, be my guest. And don't let the simple historical fact bother you that in pre-Columbian times some estimated 30 million Bison roamed N. America from the Appalachians to the Rockies. IOW before native Americans were decimated by either disease or war.

Please illustrate how "these coloured people" (FFS, Buzz!) "insist" on victimhood and the destruction of the family unit. As if that's what every marginalized person dreams of when they're little, while white kids dream of being astronauts or CEO's. :roll:

Anyway...this is a pointless conversation we've had many times, and I don't feel like being mad at you today.

:mrgreen:

Fine...you already know what I think anyway.

If you want to rewrite history to fit your theories, be my guest. And don't let the simple historical fact bother you that in pre-Columbian times some estimated 30 million Bison roamed N. America from the Appalachians to the Rockies. IOW before native Americans were decimated by either disease or war.

Native Americans were decimated almost immediately upon the arrival of colonists due to disease. A hundred years later, the bison population was out of control.

Of course we pretend it was always that way. Reality doesn't look good for us.

Last edited:
I think I’ve done this question before but it’s come up again and the whole idea of taking pride in your race seems odd to me, like being proud you’re right handed or that you have two feet. Am I missing something (I mean about this in particular, so pipe down potential wise asses :2razz:). Attaching poll.

No, and here's why, the concept of race was recently invented as a caste system by slave owning Europeans and European Americans.

You aren't asking are you proud of your race, you're asking are you proud of your caste.

Before slaves were brought to the America's, the concept of white and black people didn't really exist. You had the Irish, the Germans, The English, The Moors, the Nigerians, The Chinese, etc.

Then the Europeans tapped into the African Slave markets, and noticed the obvious difference in color between themselves and their slaves. One asshole had an idea that color was the reason they lived a blessed life and the slave did not.

And as a result of slavery, black people in the Americas were robbed of their cultural identities. They can't point to their root cultures and say I'm Nigerian, or I'm Sudanese. All they have is the label of the caste their ancestors were given. A lazy label thought up by ignorant murderers. Black.

And this caste system was built into the very foundation of the US. If you study our justice system, economics, and even how we zone for construction while looking for preferences based on caste, instead of race, you'll notice no one ever comes and says no black people. They just put out conditions that apply to the majority of black people and call it a coincidence when called on it.

As a member of the white caste, I've benefited greatly from the preferences built into our system. As a member of the human race, I'm ashamed it's taking so long to undo those ignorant ****s ideas. We still celebrate Columbus Day for ****s sake. The retard who thought the earth was tinier than it was and named a millions of people Indians before he started their own personal disease apocalypse. Then raised the guy who pretty much designed the Western slave trade, his son.

And we got a bunch of different groups of cultures all coming together because they share a skin color and declaring themselves a race separate from everyone else. Declaring it's the best race. And then enslaving and killing a bunch of people because they are the best and it's the place so sayeth the magic wizard in the sky.

I'm human, I'm from a mixed background of European, Asian, African, and Native American ancestry. But, because my most recent ancestors happened to look more European than the mix they were, I'm a member of the white caste.

Not race, caste.

It's time we did away with this idea that there are multiple races.

For one, only one race can exist at the apex of evolution on one planet. It's why you don't see neanderthals, or any of the other 9 races that existed in competition with modern humans before we murder/****ed them out of existences.

Creating that false narrative in society could lead to one "race" trying to murder/**** the others out of existence.

Oh right, that's what Nazi's are...

Timeline

According to the FWS in the 1500's the estimated population of buffalo was 30-50 million

Timeline

According to the FWS in the 1500's the estimated population of buffalo was 30-50 million

Of course. It's not that we slaughtered Native Americans via disease and brutality. No, that had nothing to do with it. That population was always there, predators don't matter. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Of course. It's not that we slaughtered Native Americans via disease and brutality. No, that had nothing to do with it. That population was always there. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I agree that the US slaughtered the Native Americans, and have argued it was genocidal in nature.

The link I provided shows the timeline for both Native Americans and the decline along with the decline of the Buffalo

Of course. It's not that we slaughtered Native Americans via disease and brutality. No, that had nothing to do with it. That population was always there, predators don't matter. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Latest theories clearly indicate eradication of native populations led to imbalance of wildlife, primarily as pertaining to the buffalo and passenger pigeon.

I agree that the US slaughtered the Native Americans, and have argued it was genocidal in nature.

The link I provided shows the timeline for both Native Americans and the decline along with the decline of the Buffalo

Who made that timeline? Population estimators from the 1800s?

Yeah, I'm gonna rely on the stories told by those with every interest in concealing the causes. They probably thought the wiping out of Native Americans would be forgotten, and we'd just believe we inherited this unbelievable ungulate population that by some miracle had not expended their food source.

It was magic, really. The magic of the American West.

Or we can employ logic, reason and some basic ecology education.

Native Americans were decimated almost immediately upon the arrival of colonists due to disease. A hundred years later, the bison population was out of control.

Of course we pretend it was always that way. Reality doesn't look good for us.
Tell you what, go here:

Enjoy :mrgreen:

This buffalo debate rests solely on whether you consider pre colonization population levels of natives to be around 93 million, with advanced societies that utilized vast trade networks across tribal nations. Practiced sophisticated agriculture techniques that lead to the invention of things like corn. And avoided animal husbandry and therefor diseases the European's later brought to them, instead favoring hunting and managing wild game as efficiently as they grew crops.

Or they were a few million scattered tribes of isolated uneducated heathens that just happened to exist in an environment seemingly perfectly tailored and created for them by a magic sky wizard, who really wanted them to merely hold onto it for the real owners to come later. As history teaches us.

The American Bison did experience a population boom after 90 percent of the native population died. But, meat didn't make up the major part of a Native American's diet, and they only managed existing wild herds so it wasn't much of a population boom. Arguably not even enough to upset the ecosystems balance requiring any kind of cull.

Settlers and ranchers used to run entire herds off cliffs, and then do the slaughtering down below and leave the carcasses. It's hard to make the argument these mostly illiterate ass holes clearing a space for their cattle had conservation and population control in mind.

Who made that timeline? Population estimators from the 1800s?

Yeah, I'm gonna rely on the stories told by those with every interest in concealing the causes. They probably thought the wiping out of Native Americans would be forgotten, and we'd just believe we inherited this unbelievable ungulate population that by some miracle had not expended their food source.

It was magic, really. The magic of the American West.

Or we can employ logic, reason and some basic ecology education.

I believe the estimate Plains Tribes had a population less than 6 million. Canadian estimate for First Nations in the 1500 is around 500 000. I would expect the plains of Alberta, Sask and Manitoba would have been able to support a few million bison with no restrictions on where they could go (from farming etc). Heck Canada has a cattle population of 11 million with much land being used for farming and not grazing

Settlers and ranchers used to run entire herds off cliffs, and then do the slaughtering down below and leave the carcasses. It's hard to make the argument these mostly illiterate ass holes clearing a space for their cattle had conservation and population control in mind.

No one made any such argument.

The ranchers were able to operate like that because of a population explosion.

It doesn't take much culling to control a population. We needn't presume any extensive development by Native Americans. We simply need to understand they were the top predator in the habitat.

We also need to understand that ignoring the ecology of it, at the time, served our interests. If we claimed it was natural, we could expect the whole Native American thing to be more easily forgotten.

I believe the estimate Plains Tribes had a population less than 6 million. Canadian estimate for First Nations in the 1500 is around 500 000. I would expect the plains of Alberta, Sask and Manitoba would have been able to support a few million bison with no restrictions on where they could go (from farming etc). Heck Canada has a cattle population of 11 million with much land being used for farming and not grazing

It only takes one lion to control a population of gazelles.

This buffalo debate rests solely on whether you consider pre colonization population levels of natives to be around 93 million, with advanced societies that utilized vast trade networks across tribal nations. Practiced sophisticated agriculture techniques that lead to the invention of things like corn. And avoided animal husbandry and therefor diseases the European's later brought to them, instead favoring hunting and managing wild game as efficiently as they grew crops.

Or they were a few million scattered tribes of isolated uneducated heathens that just happened to exist in an environment seemingly perfectly tailored and created for them by a magic sky wizard, who really wanted them to merely hold onto it for the real owners to come later. As history teaches us.

The American Bison did experience a population boom after 90 percent of the native population died. But, meat didn't make up the major part of a Native American's diet, and they only managed existing wild herds so it wasn't much of a population boom. Arguably not even enough to upset the ecosystems balance requiring any kind of cull.

The ignorance of wildlife the whites arriving in the Americas exhibited was driven, IMO, by their sky daddy religion. The natives at least worshiped nature. Big difference.

Back
Top Bottom