• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you proud of your race?

Are you proud of your race?

• Total voters
Being proud of something you had no control over? That's stupid.

Being proud of the accomplishments of your people despite the fact that for much of recent history they were not afforded the rights and respect of others? That's fine.

Oh. It's just that simple, is it? Says you? That is at best a penultimate answer? If you genuinely want equality; stop foisting one racial argument over another. in another time and place, you would fit into the Klan.

Regards,
CP

I live in a majority “brown” city and I know, from experience, that there is nothing to fear. It is interesting to see how people interpret my question. I think the majority of likes I’ve gotten simply agree that they also take no pride in their race. That’s a good thing, isn’t it?

No, sir. I saw you trolling another member. Eco explained it well. Minorities, women, and gay people have a right to be proud of their accomplishments and that they have succeeded in spite of the bigotry they faced and continue to face.

Women, gay people and minorities have literally died to overcome adversity and continue to be targeted because of what they are. Your problem and the problem of some of your other right-wing buddies is that you know you could never have the courage and determination to overcome the obstacles they have, hence you post these "white pride" type threads encouraging people like you to rally around you and make you feel ok about your stark insecurity.

And there are you are. Someone just fell for your troll thread. You must be so proud :roll:

Oh, look at how much fun you're having now. I know from your history here you can be so much better than this!

I just responded in kind. /shrug

Isn’t a political debate forum exactly the right place for a question like the one I posed in my OP?

White people from around the world have been slaugtered, enslaved, had land taken from them, been spit on ect. It is something that has happened to every single group of people that have ever existed.

But don't let history and facts stop you from being a victim and pretending that is the reason people don't succeed.

Oh, please!

I just responded in kind. /shrug

Isn’t a political debate forum exactly the right place for a question like the one I posed in my OP?

You can pose whatever question you want. And I also have the freedom to respond however I want. What a great country this is in spite of ignorant people with the lack of ability to emphasize with the plight of minorities, gay people and women.

Don't you agree?

No, sir. I saw you trolling another member. Eco explained it well. Minorities, women, and gay people have a right to be proud of their accomplishments and that they have succeeded in spite of the bigotry they faced and continue to face.

Women, gay people and minorities have literally died to overcome adversity and continue to be targeted because of what they are. Your problem and the problem of some of your other right-wing buddies is that you know you could never have the courage and determination to overcome the obstacles they have, hence you post these "white pride" type threads encouraging people like you to rally around you and make you feel ok about your stark insecurity.

Admittedly, sometimes I don’t get the liberal mind, at all. How do you read “I’m not proud of my race” and interpret that as “my race is the bestest ever and **** everyone else.” :lol:

Last edited:
Good, because I don’t feel guilty for ****.

No one wants you to feel guilty. What we hope you'll be able to do someday is learn about who certain populations have faced and continue to face bigotry in their everyday lives and have the ability to empathize.

Until then.. keep posting these white pride threads. I know how cathartic it must be for you.

Admittedly, sometimes I don’t get the liberal mind, at all. How do you read “I’m not proud of my race” and interpret that as “my race is the bestest ever and **** everyone else.” :lol:

<shaking my head> I'm so sorry my responses aren't affording you the visceral satisfaction you crave, my insecure friend.

Lurch, can you name ONE woman or Gay who died for because they fought for equality?
If not, you could have shortened your reply quite a bit.
Regards,
CP

I’m proud of people who recognize that nobody is better or worse based on their race. Clearly that is not you.

Really? Then why do black people continue to get shot in the back and beaten by the very people who are charged with the responsibility to protect them against such heinous crimes? Why do some pastors still recommend gay people be killed for who they love?

Are you really this naive?

This thread makes me sad.

I'm old, so when something from my childhood stands out to me, it's from a lot of years ago, and it affected me, as a very young child, deeply.

I remember watching film on a grainy black-and-white tv of a bunch of people with pointy hoods dressed in white, cheering and waving flags beneath four limp figures hanging from a tree branch. I asked my father what happened; he bluntly told me. I recall staring at the hanging figures, and realizing slowly, with horror, that they were dead, and the people in the pointy hoods had killed them because they were "colored"... whatever that meant (I honestly had never seen a black person at that point in my life, even on tv).

Later in my childhood, can't recall how old I was, I saw on that same grainy black-and-white tv a man in a suit flanked by uniformed police officers barricading a door. An angry crowd was screaming and shaking fists at two small black children (yeah, I knew what black people looked like by then); they spit on those children as they passed through the gauntlet of angry white people. When I asked again what was happening, I was told that the black children wanted to attend an all-white school, and the white people didn't want them to.

I remember thinking I was glad I wasn't black, so people wouldn't spit on me and keep me from going to school.

I learned a lot about race relations as I reached adulthood and beyond, but I never forgot my introduction to blatant, gleeful racism, and how that visceral gut-punch affected my entire life.

So yes, I'm not proud of the race I happened to be born into... but I am sometimes ashamed of it.

<shaking my head> I'm so sorry my responses aren't affording you the visceral satisfaction you crave, my insecure friend.

To me, it’s the overblown freak out that seems born of insecurity, friend.

Lurch, can you name ONE woman or Gay who died for because they fought for equality?
If not, you could have shortened your reply quite a bit.
Regards,
CP

I just don't understand how someone can be either so ignorant or so much in denial. Use "the google" and do your own research.

Really? Then why do black people continue to get shot in the back and beaten by the very people who are charged with the responsibility to protect them against such heinous crimes? Why do some pastors still recommend gay people be killed for who they love?

Are you really this naive?

Well I disagree with your premise that cops are racist murderers and that the only reason they ever kill someone who’s black is because they’re black.

What's wrong with being proud of my race? The Japanese are extremely proud of their race.

"Japanese" is a nationality, my confused friend. "Asian" I think is what you were going for.

"I know you are but what am I?" So banal.

Totally sincere. I don’t see people secure in their beliefs having such an over reaction this question I posed...on a forum...about politics.

This thread makes me sad.

I'm old, so when something from my childhood stands out to me, it's from a lot of years ago, and it affected me, as a very young child, deeply.

I remember watching film on a grainy black-and-white tv of a bunch of people with pointy hoods dressed in white, cheering and waving flags beneath four limp figures hanging from a tree branch. I asked my father what happened; he bluntly told me. I recall staring at the hanging figures, and realizing slowly, with horror, that they were dead, and the people in the pointy hoods had killed them because they were "colored"... whatever that meant (I honestly had never seen a black person at that point in my life, even on tv).

Later in my childhood, can't recall how old I was, I saw on that same grainy black-and-white tv a man in a suit flanked by uniformed police officers barricading a door. An angry crowd was screaming and shaking fists at two small black children (yeah, I knew what black people looked like by then); they spit on those children as they passed through the gauntlet of angry white people. When I asked again what was happening, I was told that the black children wanted to attend an all-white school, and the white people didn't want them to.

I remember thinking I was glad I wasn't black, so people wouldn't spit on me and keep me from going to school.

I learned a lot about race relations as I reached adulthood and beyond, but I never forgot my introduction to blatant, gleeful racism, and how that visceral gut-punch affected my entire life.

So yes, I'm not proud of the race I happened to be born into... but I am sometimes ashamed of it.

I hadn't heard the n-word until I was eight years old. I guess it was at a sporting event because I then thought the word meant runs fast. Playing catch in the yard, I told my (white) friend that he was such. He asked why. I told him it means runs fast. His sister won a swimming race and he, at his dinner table, told his sister she was such. His father asked wtf. Then the adults explained to us that it doesn't mean fast.

Later, watching football, I heard someone called a rookie and thought, "oh ****, here we go again".

I was a sheltered child.

Well I disagree with your premise that cops are racist murderers and that the only reason they ever kill someone who’s black is because they’re black.

I know you do, my friend. I know. You support law enforcement when they target minorities and you hate law enforcement when they target your supreme, white leader.

Hence, your creation of threads like these to help mitigate your guilt and insecurity.

I'll stop responding to you if you'd prefer. I don't want to make you feel any worse.

I think I’ve done this question before but it’s come up again and the whole idea of taking pride in your race seems odd to me, like being proud you’re right handed or that you have two feet. Am I missing something (I mean about this in particular, so pipe down potential wise asses :2razz:). Attaching poll.

In what context did it come up again to prompt you to start this thread?

I just don't understand how someone can be either so ignorant or so much in denial. Use "the google" and do your own research.

I have, therefore the question. Rather than send people to a site with hope in heart, answer the question without pretending there is an answer, but oh you're so above answering.
Regards,
CP

I know you do, my friend. I know. You support law enforcement when they target minorities and you hate law enforcement when they target your supreme, white leader.

Hence, your creation of threads like these to help mitigate your guilt and insecurity.

I'll stop responding to you if you'd prefer. I don't want to make you feel any worse.

Are you having some other conversation with someone else in your head that I’m not privy to? I ask because your responses have nothing to do with my posts.

Back
Top Bottom