• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arctic Ocean and Greenland ice sheet see record June melting

Which part of the abstract was too difficult for you?

If you can’t state what you mean in your own words, you don’t understand it.

Don’t stress about it though. I don’t think anyone actually expects that you do.

If you can’t state what you mean in your own words, you don’t understand it.

Don’t stress about it though. I don’t think anyone actually expects that you do.

I'm uninterested in your version of what I understand.

Like, for example, explaining the relevance of what he posts in his own words.

That would require actually reading his own posts. And we all know that hardly ever happens.

LOL.

You sure seem to waste a lot of words trying not to explain it.

You’re as transparent as a jellyfish, with less spine.

3goof, when have you ever explained anything at all?

You would need to understand something to explain it.

Already explained. What I won't do is perform in response to your "command."

You cut and pasted the title and said it’s ‘self explanatory’.

I’m pretty sure asking someone to explain what they mean isn’t an unreasonable request on a debate board.

Yet... you can’t explain it.

So. Much. Squirming

The plain language of the abstract needs no restatement from me.

". . . These seasonal changes in the intensity of the CB are the product of two separate factors: (1) a long‐term winter cooling specific for the CB region which appears to be associated with cooling of Greenland coastal waters in autumn, plausibly linked to summer meltwater from icebergs and sea ice and (2) summer warming effects which derive from (a) dramatic reduction in summer sea ice cover in the sub‐Arctic over the last 30 years that allows enhanced absorption of sunlight by the new open water in summer and (b) an unusual period of increased summer sub‐Arctic ice cover in the early twentieth century, which lowers the SST baseline measured from 1900, thus increasing the calculated linear rate of change of SST with time. Both of these effects could contribute to the observed Arctic amplification of warming.”

The plain language of the abstract needs no restatement from me.

". . . These seasonal changes in the intensity of the CB are the product of two separate factors: (1) a long‐term winter cooling specific for the CB region which appears to be associated with cooling of Greenland coastal waters in autumn, plausibly linked to summer meltwater from icebergs and sea ice and (2) summer warming effects which derive from (a) dramatic reduction in summer sea ice cover in the sub‐Arctic over the last 30 years that allows enhanced absorption of sunlight by the new open water in summer and (b) an unusual period of increased summer sub‐Arctic ice cover in the early twentieth century, which lowers the SST baseline measured from 1900, thus increasing the calculated linear rate of change of SST with time. Both of these effects could contribute to the observed Arctic amplification of warming.”

The squirming continues

Back
Top Bottom