• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Apotheosticism.

spud_meister

Veni, vidi, dormivi!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
I come as a prophet to you today, the first prophet of a new religion, but the oldest religion, and it is named Apotheosticism. Apotheosticism is the religion of the past and the future, through all of time. We believe that God is not an unknowable being, but a man, of the future, who achieved godhood, omnipotence and omnipresence, through the use of technology, technological apotheosis of you will, and this man, this God, has only one goal, to see that He reaches apotheosis in the future. He guides human history as it happened when there was no God, so that events happen to ensure He becomes God.

We do not know who He is or when He will achieve godhood, but He may be any one of us, and so Apotheosis teaches anyone may become God, and because of this, we should strive to be ideal gods, we should be knowledgeable and fair, able to make sound judgements with empathy, and not to be prideful or arrogant enough to change history, we should endeavour to be perfect, so as not to destroy our chance if becoming God, for if we are not good enough, we would alter history, and not achieve Apotheosis.

So, what do you think of the truths that have been revealed to me?

I come as a prophet to you today, the first prophet of a new religion, but the oldest religion, and it is named Apotheosticism. Apotheosticism is the religion of the past and the future, through all of time. We believe that God is not an unknowable being, but a man, of the future, who achieved godhood, omnipotence and omnipresence, through the use of technology, technological apotheosis of you will, and this man, this God, has only one goal, to see that He reaches apotheosis in the future. He guides human history as it happened when there was no God, so that events happen to ensure He becomes God.

We do not know who He is or when He will achieve godhood, but He may be any one of us, and so Apotheosis teaches anyone may become God, and because of this, we should strive to be ideal gods, we should be knowledgeable and fair, able to make sound judgements with empathy, and not to be prideful or arrogant enough to change history, we should endeavour to be perfect, so as not to destroy our chance if becoming God, for if we are not good enough, we would alter history, and not achieve Apotheosis.

I'll have whatever he's been drinking, please. :)

This ^^ reminds me of this:

A very rich man had a vision from God. "I will come to your home tonight. Be prepared."

Our very rich man went home all excited, told his wife . . . insisted she make a beautiful and festive meal for their God . . . set out the candelabras, cleaned the house. His wife set a beautiful table with their best china, finest glassware . . . and waited. He was sooooo excited!!!!!

Then came a knock at the door. "Ah!!! Here he is," he thought. He threw upon the door and, lo and behold, in front of him stood a homeless man who said, "Sir, if I could just have some small meal from you tonight. I am so hungry." OMG!!! the man thought. "Get off my porch, you fool! My Lord God is coming tonight!!" And he slammed the door in his face.

The man and his wife waited and waited and WAITED. No one else came.

The next day, he was furious. He thought to himself, "WTF?? God lies??? He said he was coming to my home . . . where was he?????" With these thoughts, he heard another voice from God: "My son, I'm sorry, I did come to your home last night. I was the homeless beggar you turned away."

Stale story off.

This ^^ reminds me of this:

A very rich man had a vision from God. "I will come to your home tonight. Be prepared."

Our very rich man went home all excited, told his wife . . . insisted she make a beautiful and festive meal for their God . . . set out the candelabras, cleaned the house. His wife set a beautiful table with their best china, finest glassware . . . and waited. He was sooooo excited!!!!!

Then came a knock at the door. "Ah!!! Here he is," he thought. He threw upon the door and, lo and behold, in front of him stood a homeless man who said, "Sir, if I could just have some small meal from you tonight. I am so hungry." OMG!!! the man thought. "Get off my porch, you fool! My Lord God is coming tonight!!" And he slammed the door in his face.

The man and his wife waited and waited and WAITED. No one else came.

The next day, he was furious. He thought to himself, "WTF?? God lies??? He said he was coming to my home . . . where was he?????" With these thoughts, he heard another voice from God: "My son, I'm sorry, I did come to your home last night. I was the homeless beggar you turned away."

Stale story off.

It may be old, but it is a good story Maggie.

Another Waco in the making?

"Temporal anomalies make my head hurt!" Commander Chakotay, USS Voyager.

Back
Top Bottom