• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AOC's worst tweet yet

Incredible. Not only do you totally ignore the fact that the far right shooter was specifically going after Muslims due to a popular right wing fantasy—-the idea that Muslims are some sort of enemy out to “replace white people” but you desperately attempt to blame the media for criticizing your Dear Leader.

There are all kinds of whackos in this world on both sides. A recent poll showed that more Democrats than Republicans actually wished the other side would just die off and the same poll also showed that more Democrats than Republicans felt that if the other side won in 2020 that violence would be justified. It is leftists and the leftists media who have elevated Trump as to being the Anti-Christ and then when someone like this takes that ball and runs with it, you feel not one smidgeon of remorse whatsoever for inciting this, as your anti-Trump agenda is far more important to you than these lives were. The end justifies the means.

AOC draws ire ripping ‘your thoughts and prayers’ after Christchurch mosque shootings | Fox News

That tweet was an abomination. Thoughts and prayers are exactly what these victims need. Those that attend religious service in a Mosque, Synagogue, or Church use thoughts and prayers.

After that AOC uses this terrorist attack to insult the NRA:

I am not sure what the NRA has to do with the shooting in New Zealand. I didn't realize the NRA had their own phrase either.

The NRA has nothing to do with the massacre in NZ, but AOC has to play "connect to dots" every time. 49 people dead and it's just a game of "gotcha" to this imbecile.
She's so stupid that she doesn't realize that by attacking "thoughts and prayers", she's actually demeaning the dead and injured, who were...PRAYING IN A MOSQUE.

In this case AOC's JD handlers have, fr once put good words into her mouth. 'Thoughts and Prayers' never keep people safe in any context. Though I suppose they may give comfort to the feeble minded.

Maybe words of prayer give comfort to the families of the victims who were at a mosque...PRAYING.

And c'mon, no one ever said the very kind gesture of praying for victims keeps anyone safe. No one believes that disingenuous tripe.

"I am not sure what the NRA has to do with the shooting in New Zealand."

Neither does she, I'm sure.

I'm surprised AOC didn't mention children in caged. Or cages. Or sea walls.

I already explained that to you. Do you have evidence he did have a twitter account? In any event, it doesn't matter. Trump is made out to be a Nazi leader by the leftists and the leftist media. He is no self proclaimed leader of some Nazi movement. That is the leftists who are trying to convince the world that Trump is the Anti-Christ. The blood of these people is on the left's hands for elevating Trump up to a position of which he is not. Trump has never tweeted he is the White Nationalist Leader and calls for the murder of anyone, anywhere who is Muslim.

Tarrant didn't refer to Trump as a "Nazi" or a "White Nationalist." He called Trump a "symbol of renewed white identity."

You know, it is the left's propaganda against Trump that is spreading. They are the ones inciting these things across the world, not Trump. They are the ones that are making the extremists look up to Trump, not Trump himself. It is the total and complete hate of Trump that is doing this.

True that. At some point, Trump has become a martyr to some because he is constantly vilified, attacked, maligned and thwarted.

You guys do realize the people that were shot up and killed were likely praying to Allah? Are you willing to call the victims stupid?

Praying and good wishes bonds us as a human species. We need more prayer and thoughts, less hate and violence.

The Left doesn't get the irony.

There are all kinds of whackos in this world on both sides. A recent poll showed that more Democrats than Republicans actually wished the other side would just die off and the same poll also showed that more Democrats than Republicans felt that if the other side won in 2020 that violence would be justified. It is leftists and the leftists media who have elevated Trump as to being the Anti-Christ and then when someone like this takes that ball and runs with it, you feel not one smidgeon of remorse whatsoever for inciting this, as your anti-Trump agenda is far more important to you than these lives were. The end justifies the means.

Ah, I see you have doubled down on crying about people opposing your Dear Leader. Hate to break it to you bud, but by your logic that means it's the Trump cult's endless fearmongering about immigration and religion which is responsible for the attacks. Of course, since your logic is faulty to begin with.......

The fact remains that a far right thug conducted an attack, and your desperate attempts to blame it on those who oppose your Dear Leader says a lot.

All you did was take random policy statements by Sanders and attempt to create a false equivalency. As I said, you're just trying expand the definitions of hate speech and political speech such that the two are no longer distinguishable from each other.

I get it.

In your view Republican political rhetoric = hate speech, Democrat political rhetoric = God's own honest truth.

Well, if that blind partisanship is all you can bring to the discussion, no sense in going any further. So disappointed in you.

In this case AOC's JD handlers have, fr once put good words into her mouth. 'Thoughts and Prayers' never keep people safe in any context. Though I suppose they may give comfort to the feeble minded.

I am not feeble-minded. I am, however, a person of faith who believes in the power of prayer.

Here is the beginning of a piece published in The Atlantic in 2017 right after the Las Vegas concert shootings:

Many Americans seem eager this week to see the phrase “thoughts and prayers” die a good platitude’s death. After the worst mass shooting in U.S. history took the lives of 59 Las Vegas concertgoers Sunday night, a sentiment meant to express solidarity sounded to some like cold comfort. When tweeted by elected officials who could feasibly pass tighter gun-control laws, the phrase struck people as not only irritating, but also potentially dangerous: What if uttering this hollow but nice-sounding sentiment allows legislators to bypass the “real” work of passing better laws? What if it allows all of us to avoid the concrete political work of pressuring them to do so? When the public stakes are so high, the argument goes, a nation cannot afford to retreat to private spirituality: Instead, we must act. The Case for 'Thoughts and Prayers'—Even If You Don't Believe in God - The Atlantic

The article goes on to discuss the value of prayer even if you don't believe in God. So why didn't I quote any of those points? Simple. Very few people who post here at DP bother to click on links. Whether they admit this or not, their attitude is "Don't bother me with facts; my mind is made up."

I hope you aren't one of them and will read the writer's argument. If not, then I've posted an affirmation for you.

You're right, AOC lives in heads of some 'right wingers' and Trump lives in the heads of all 'left wingers'. Funny how that works out, amiright ??

The President of the United States doesn't live in people's heads. The smart people in the country know he's President, and as such, the phrase doesn't fit. The smart people know that too.

Nobody with a working brain obsesses about a freshman Congressperson - one of 435. If you think she has the same power as the POTUS, you should probably consider a course in civics.

I am not feeble-minded. I am, however, a person of faith who believes in the power of prayer.

Here is the beginning of a piece published in The Atlantic in 2017 right after the Las Vegas concert shootings:

Many Americans seem eager this week to see the phrase “thoughts and prayers” die a good platitude’s death. After the worst mass shooting in U.S. history took the lives of 59 Las Vegas concertgoers Sunday night, a sentiment meant to express solidarity sounded to some like cold comfort. When tweeted by elected officials who could feasibly pass tighter gun-control laws, the phrase struck people as not only irritating, but also potentially dangerous: What if uttering this hollow but nice-sounding sentiment allows legislators to bypass the “real” work of passing better laws? What if it allows all of us to avoid the concrete political work of pressuring them to do so? When the public stakes are so high, the argument goes, a nation cannot afford to retreat to private spirituality: Instead, we must act. The Case for 'Thoughts and Prayers'—Even If You Don't Believe in God - The Atlantic

The article goes on to discuss the value of prayer even if you don't believe in God. So why didn't I quote any of those points? Simple. Very few people who post here at DP bother to click on links. Whether they admit this or not, their attitude is "Don't bother me with facts; my mind is made up."

I hope you aren't one of them and will read the writer's argument. If not, then I've posted an affirmation for you.

As it happens I mostly read links. This one is a well written piece which fails to convince me. Two points: the writer tries to make 'prayer' and 'meditation' the same thing. I do not agree.

The quote that three out of four Americans believe prayer to be a direct line to god amazes a European. In Sweden that might be one out of ten - and that one is probably a Muslim.

nota bene;1069819264[B said:
]I am not feeble-minded. I am, however, a person of faith who believes in the power of prayer.[/B]

As did the faithful, practicing Muslims who were at a mosque PRAYING. Now why would Muslims be praying if they didn't believe in the power of prayer? The Left just keeps spouting their favorite NRA attacks when this 1) has nothing to do with the NRA and 2) involves religious people who were gathered for prayer.
The lack of self awareness is profound.

AOC is right. We've been thinking about and praying about gun violence for how many years now?

I respect people's religions. I also know many who have been saved by turning to religion. It's made them better people and given them strength to cope with things. But praying for the people who just died in New Zealand won't help them at all now.

The families of a bunch of 6 year olds in Newtown thought about them constantly, and many no doubt prayed for them every day. It didn't prevent them from getting killed while they were huddled on top of each other in bathroom of their first grade classrooms 2 weeks before Christmas.

As did the faithful, practicing Muslims who were at a mosque PRAYING. Now why would Muslims be praying if they didn't believe in the power of prayer? The Left just keeps spouting their favorite NRA attacks when this 1) has nothing to do with the NRA and 2) involves religious people who were gathered for prayer.
The lack of self awareness is profound.

As the victims were actually praying at the time ima have to posit that prayers are a waste of time.

The President of the United States doesn't live in people's heads. The smart people in the country know he's President, and as such, the phrase doesn't fit. The smart people know that too.

Nobody with a working brain obsesses about a freshman Congressperson - one of 435. If you think she has the same power as the POTUS, you should probably consider a course in civics.

Seriously tres borrachos, it's OK to make fun of and condemn a Presidents words but not a freshman congressperson's ?? Do tell ??

Seriously tres borrachos, it's OK to make fun of and condemn a Presidents words but not a freshman congressperson's ?? Do tell ??

If you can find a post from me where I said you can't make fun of a freshman congressperson's words, please link it. Until you can (and you can't), you should get back to what I posted, which was making fun of YOUR words. You used a phrase and you don't know what it means.

Don't you leftys get it?

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!!

It's beneath the Messiah to take ANY responsibilities!!!!

Moderate Right said:
You know, it is the left's propaganda against Trump that is spreading. They are the ones inciting these things across the world, not Trump. They are the ones that are making the extremists look up to Trump, not Trump himself. It is the total and complete hate of Trump that is doing this.

Moderate Right said:
The shooter wouldn't really even know much about Trump if not for the leftist MSM spreading around the world that Trump is a racist, bigoted, Nazi loving guy, which is just their opinion and using it for political advantage. They are the ones who inspired the shooter, not Trump. Is your politically motivated TDS really worth this cost?

Moderate Right said:
It is the left who created the monster Trump and now those chickens are coming home to roost.

Moderate Right said:
It's actually not. You guys created the monster Trump with your TDS, allowing extremists to think they are marching to Trump's orders when, in fact, you guys have the blood on your hands for making Trump into this alter ego thing you can attack for partisan purposes.

Moderate Right said:
You are the one who suggested this guy reads Trump's tweets. Where is your evidence that he reads Trumps tweets? And, by the way, it doesn't count if you are talking about the left wing media hostility that interprets Trump's tweets to their own political advantage and broadcasts them around the world. You lefties and the lefty media turned Trump into a make believe monster who these extremists think they are emulating when they do these things. The blood is on your hands.

Moderate Right said:
I already explained that to you. Do you have evidence he did have a twitter account? In any event, it doesn't matter. Trump is made out to be a Nazi leader by the leftists and the leftist media. He is no self proclaimed leader of some Nazi movement. That is the leftists who are trying to convince the world that Trump is the Anti-Christ. The blood of these people is on the left's hands for elevating Trump up to a position of which he is not. Trump has never tweeted he is the White Nationalist Leader and calls for the murder of anyone, anywhere who is Muslim.

Moderate Right said:

Acadia said:
True that. At some point, Trump has become a martyr to some because he is constantly vilified, attacked, maligned and thwarted.

C'mon leftys, if you kiss the mob boss's ass he'll be nice to you. Just ask Kim Jong Un and/or Vlad.

If you can find a post from me where I said you can't make fun of a freshman congressperson's words, please link it. Until you can (and you can't), you should get back to what I posted, which was making fun of YOUR words. You used a phrase and you don't know what it means.

Many many posters here plus many many media talking heads obsess over every movement Trump makes and every word Trump utters and you're seriously trying to tell me Trimp doesn't live rent free in their heads ?? :lol:

Many many posters here plus many many media talking heads obsess over every movement Trump makes and every word Trump utters and you're seriously trying to tell me Trimp doesn't live rent free in their heads ?? :lol:

Trump is the President of the United States. This board is called "Debate Politics". You do realize that the President of the United States is a political position yes? Rhetorical question. You clearly do not.

Did you join this board because you thought we were debating The Bachelor or Crock Pots?

Don't you leftys get it?

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!!

It's beneath the Messiah to take ANY responsibilities!!!!

C'mon leftys, if you kiss the mob boss's ass he'll be nice to you. Just ask Kim Jong Un and/or Vlad.

Moderate Right is the same poster who said he would rather have a pedophile in office than a Democrat. What did you expect?

Trying to protect yourself .... again.

Protecting myself from what, a poster that calls other posters delusional when their double standards are pointed out ?? Yeah, you run with that haymarket. :lol:

Hate and violence will beat prayer and thoughts every single.time.

And a good chunk of American Evangelical Christians seemed to be able to justify using both.

Back
Top Bottom