• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AOC claims US is putting ‘concentration camps’ on border

That should be fine. I think the Rangers are planning on using 6 attackers all year, and leave the net open. They'll score more goals and only give up a few more.

Even when the Swedish sieve is in front of our net, it's open.

I'm sure he'll have a somewhat not the worst year ever. Maybe someone from the draft can step in?

I'm counting on a trade, my friend! But it'll never happen. We're stuck with him until he's retired, which I pray is this year.

I'm counting on a trade, my friend! But it'll never happen. We're stuck with him until he's retired, which I pray is this year.

I think you’re right, he’s not going anywhere. Well, it’s a rebuild year, maybe his presence will result in a better draft pick. Yes, it probably will.

Sent from my iPhone XX Turbo using Tapacrap

I think you’re right, he’s not going anywhere. Well, it’s a rebuild year, maybe his presence will result in a better draft pick. Yes, it probably will.

Sent from my iPhone XX Turbo using Tapacrap

I can only hope. One more experience of the Devils picking first and I may have to beat someone up.

I want Tuukka Rask. Yeah me and everyone else.

By definition the menace is whatever caused these people to leave their former homes. These facilities, and the policies that cause them, predate Trump. The famous picture of children behind a chain link fence is from 2014.

“By definition the menace is whatever caused these people to leave their former homes”

Without doubt. Trump, though, is an added menace.

“These facilities, and the policies that cause them, predate Trump."

Most facilities, in terms of some form of housing, were erected before Trump. However, the overcrowding and mal-treatment of the detainees has come about under Trump. Trump also established new policy, including child separation, as instituted under then AG Jeff Sessions.

“The famous picture of children behind a chain link fence is from 2014.”

Picture in your own mind that of children sleeping on cement floors in their own filth without a blanket and thus update your 2014 picture to 2019 under Trump policy.

“By definition the menace is whatever caused these people to leave their former homes”

Without doubt. Trump, though, is an added menace.

“These facilities, and the policies that cause them, predate Trump."

Most facilities, in terms of some form of housing, were erected before Trump. However, the overcrowding and mal-treatment of the detainees has come about under Trump. Trump also established new policy, including child separation, as instituted under then AG Jeff Sessions.

“The famous picture of children behind a chain link fence is from 2014.”

Picture in your own mind that of children sleeping on cement floors in their own filth without a blanket and thus update your 2014 picture to 2019 under Trump policy.
That's a load. I wish I could dump it in my compost pile, so all the nitrogen could break down the raw fiber.

We have had two years of denial that there was a crisis at the border and now you take offense when the evidence comes to light. This is not a situation Trump created. This is a situation Trump campaigned to end. He deserves credit, not blame. Presidents Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Reagan deserve the reverse. Some of the blame goes all the way back to Jimmy Carter in the 1970s.

So, now that the overcrowding has become a cause celebre, why don'y we stop pointing fingers and start trying to fix it. First thing, stop the inflow. Trump did good work by getting Mexico to beef up their efforts. Building the wall is another good piece of the puzzle, plus better funding, more manpower, etc. All things Democrats opposed to the point of shutting down the government.

Next, to relieve the crowding, start moving them out. Back to the country of origin or the first safe country if possible. Get some decent resources to the people that have been begging for them. Treat the crisis like a crisis.

Above all, stop playing politics with human lives. The Democrats will lose the 2020 election over this and they should.

That's a load. I wish I could dump it in my compost pile, so all the nitrogen could break down the raw fiber.

We have had two years of denial that there was a crisis at the border and now you take offense when the evidence comes to light. This is not a situation Trump created. This is a situation Trump campaigned to end. He deserves credit, not blame. Presidents Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Reagan deserve the reverse. Some of the blame goes all the way back to Jimmy Carter in the 1970s.

So, now that the overcrowding has become a cause celebre, why don'y we stop pointing fingers and start trying to fix it. First thing, stop the inflow. Trump did good work by getting Mexico to beef up their efforts. Building the wall is another good piece of the puzzle, plus better funding, more manpower, etc. All things Democrats opposed to the point of shutting down the government.

Next, to relieve the crowding, start moving them out. Back to the country of origin or the first safe country if possible. Get some decent resources to the people that have been begging for them. Treat the crisis like a crisis.

Above all, stop playing politics with human lives. The Democrats will lose the 2020 election over this and they should.

You said the policies of Trump predate his term. That’s false. You can’t provide the evidence to support that separating children as done under Trump was done so under Obama. You can’t provide any evidence to support that the current overcrowding, not providing blankets, etc. was also done under Obama.

Trump had once said he would accept any bill that both Reps and Dems agreed on. He was sent a bipartisan immigration/border security bill which he promptly rejected.

Overcrowding can be relieved by sending detainees to relative’s homes as done before, which also saves money but does cut into private detention operator profits.

All you can do is make claims that you can’t back up with factual evidence.

You said the policies of Trump predate his term. That’s false. You can’t provide the evidence to support that separating children as done under Trump was done so under Obama. You can’t provide any evidence to support that the current overcrowding, not providing blankets, etc. was also done under Obama.
Trump had once said he would accept any bill that both Reps and Dems agreed on. He was sent a bipartisan immigration/border security bill which he promptly rejected.
Overcrowding can be relieved by sending detainees to relative’s homes as done before, which also saves money but does cut into private detention operator profits.
All you can do is make claims that you can’t back up with factual evidence.
That's hilarious. The famous photo is from 2014 which is under Obama.

Which bill was that? I don't recall a veto.

It's a sad that that too many people are crossing. The first step is stopping the flow across the border.

This is where you suggest building a wall.

Yep, a photo which doesn't say anything about the policy. Which makes the photo irrelevant to anyone with any kind of common sense.

So we all agree these are concentration camps. Correct?

Yep, a photo which doesn't say anything about the policy. Which makes the photo irrelevant to anyone with any kind of common sense.
You are claiming a 2014 photo is a result of Trump's policy. Something is not relevant to common sense.

So we all agree these are concentration camps. Correct?
Not correct. We are agreed that the system is overloaded. The clear evidence shows that there is still a massive influx.

Which bill was that? I don't recall a veto.

It's a sad that that too many people are crossing. The first step is stopping the flow across the border.

This is where you suggest building a wall.

“That's hilarious. The famous photo is from 2014 which is under Obama.”

I never said otherwise. I said, in so many words, that photo should be updated by one of toddlers sitting in their own waste.

“Which bill was that? I don't recall a veto.”

You don’t deserve the details. You’re the original claim-maker and have refused to provide any evidence to back up what you say, making your claims unfounded. An assertion made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Learn debate.

“It's a sad that that too many people are crossing. The first step is stopping the flow across the border.”

The current flow coming to the border is by US Constitutional right. Cutting aid to the countries from where these people are migrating compounds the problem. It’s sad that Trump does just the opposite of what is needed to alleviate the inherent problems associated with such migration. Holding detainees for longer periods of time than necessary further compounds the problem. Trump is purposely making things worse. How would you “stop the flow”? Or do you just complain and not offer solution that can’t be so easily refuted.

“That's hilarious. The famous photo is from 2014 which is under Obama.”

I never said otherwise. I said, in so many words, that photo should be updated by one of toddlers sitting in their own waste.

“Which bill was that? I don't recall a veto.”

You don’t deserve the details. You’re the original claim-maker and have refused to provide any evidence to back up what you say, making your claims unfounded. An assertion made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Learn debate.

“It's a sad that that too many people are crossing. The first step is stopping the flow across the border.”

The current flow coming to the border is by US Constitutional right. Cutting aid to the countries from where these people are migrating compounds the problem. It’s sad that Trump does just the opposite of what is needed to alleviate the inherent problems associated with such migration. Holding detainees for longer periods of time than necessary further compounds the problem. Trump is purposely making things worse. How would you “stop the flow”? Or do you just complain and not offer solution that can’t be so easily refuted.
These people have no, repeat no, Constitutional rights. They do not even have a legal right, which is why they are called illegal aliens.

You make a point concerning aid. If you could show that the aid was materially helping their lives, and not getting diverted to the already wealthy, it would be worth something.

These people have no, repeat no, Constitutional rights. They do not even have a legal right, which is why they are called illegal aliens.

You make a point concerning aid. If you could show that the aid was materially helping their lives, and not getting diverted to the already wealthy, it would be worth something.

“These people have no, repeat no, Constitutional rights.”

You are truly lazy when it comes to research, making assertion without even bothering to make sure of what you say. Google “Illegal Aliens right to due process” and you’ll find out about their 5th Amendment rights to due process.

“You make a point concerning aid. If you could show that the aid was materially helping their lives, and not getting diverted to the already wealthy, it would be worth something.”

What you say isn’t worth anything because you can’t, refuse and won’t do the work of providing evidence to support your claims. You just mouth-out comment that doesn’t deserve reply until you’re willing to participate sincerely in debate of some substance that includes presentation of evidence to establish claim or refute same and counter refutation. The burden of proof in a debate lies with the claim- maker, you, and if he or she does not meet it then the opponent, me, does not need to argue against the unfounded claim. If you reply this post of mine without evidence to support your original claim, I need not reply to such a post. Everything else is just a diversion from your failure to have done so.

Back
Top Bottom