• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another Hot Anti-Trump Story Gets Walked Back

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
We had Brian Ross' hot scoop that candidate Trump told Flynn to contact the Russians, which fizzled.

Now a New York Times scoop is getting the same treatment. Again on the Russia story.

These guys want the Russia collusion story to be true sooooo baaaaad that they keep getting ahead of themselves. They keep trying to turn speculation and innuendo into facts.

What is bringing all this to white hot intensity is the fact that Trump is on the verge of succeeding bigly. If they can't take him down before the economy gets really good then they will have lost for good in the same way they lost to Reagan. That's Victor David Hanson's theory [video link, long], anyway.

We had Brian Ross' hot scoop that candidate Trump told Flynn to contact the Russians, which fizzled.

Now a New York Times scoop is getting the same treatment. Again on the Russia story.

These guys want the Russia collusion story to be true sooooo baaaaad that they keep getting ahead of themselves. They keep trying to turn speculation and innuendo into facts.

What is bringing all this to white hot intensity is the fact that Trump is on the verge of succeeding bigly. If they can't take him down before the economy gets really good then they will have lost for good in the same way they lost to Reagan. That's Victor David Hanson's theory [video link, long], anyway.

It seems like these guys want the Russian collusion story to be false sooooo baaaaad that they're openly lying about the established facts and articles. They keep rambling incoherently and using rhetorical devices to try to confuse the reader. The problem is that they didn't actually demonstrate their claims, and they omitted salient details.

It seems like these guys want the Russian collusion story to be false sooooo baaaaad that they're openly lying about the established facts and articles. They keep rambling incoherently and using rhetorical devices to try to confuse the reader. The problem is that they didn't actually demonstrate their claims, and they omitted salient details.

The sooner those that have come to believe the scam that is the "Russia Collusion Investigation", the sooner their credibility will return. [best case]

Paywall to NYT...while the Washington Examiner is well known as a non-biased and stellar publication I won't take their reporting at face value.

The sooner those that have come to believe the scam that is the "Russia Collusion Investigation", the sooner their credibility will return. [best case]

Keep hoping. Unlike the Benghazi circle jerks that conservatives in the halls of congress performed for years Mueller is conducting a real investigation with a real Grand Jury.

Your source badly misrepresents what the Times said. In fact, the story about the emails is still there: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/02/us/russia-mcfarland-flynn-trump-emails.html. There is a reason why opinion pieces are terrible sources of facts.

Edit: and the republican in charge of the committee handling her appointment as an ambassador to Singapore has frozen the process due to the NYT article...Corker: McFarland Nomination ‘Frozen’ After Reports She Knew About Flynn Call – Talking Points Memo

Last edited:
Your source badly misrepresents what the Times said. In fact, the story about the emails is still there: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/02/us/russia-mcfarland-flynn-trump-emails.html. There is a reason why opinion pieces are terrible sources of facts.

Edit: and the republican in charge of the committee handling her appointment as an ambassador to Singapore has frozen the process due to the NYT article...Corker: McFarland Nomination ‘Frozen’ After Reports She Knew About Flynn Call – Talking Points Memo

I'm sure he'll take your remarks and reflect deeply upon them and update his thoughts accordingly...

:lamo

This is as brazen as i've seen yet; you're claiming that the credibility of the media is contingent upon their telling you what you want to hear.

People are free to fantasize, but to quote the best president of the 21st century: "Reality has a way of asserting itself."

This is as brazen as i've seen yet; you're claiming that the credibility of the media is contingent upon their telling you what you want to hear.

People are free to fantasize, but to quote the best president of the 21st century: "Reality has a way of asserting itself."

I was talking about you and yours. The media is just a sounding board for you.

You have convinced yourself that a lie is true.

Gee, a reply with no facts at all.

Paywall to NYT...while the Washington Examiner is well known as a non-biased and stellar publication I won't take their reporting at face value.

Get a subscription, then.

Well...CNN is spending all its time on Donny-Boy Jr. and anything 'collusion'. And no force on Earth will curtail their tunnel-vision.
In the mean time, Donny Sr. is scheduled to announce the movement of the US Embassy in Israel, to Jerusalem.
Of course, this is gonna stir the pot in the ME substantially. So I have to wonder what Trumpy's getting in return for this?
I hope its big, whatever it is because, this could blow up in all our faces.

You badly misrepresent what my source says. They didn't say that the article was removed. They said it was changed and amended to the effect that the original claims were withdrawn. Now it is little more than innuendo and speculation.

This is explained in detail in the article. I can't for the life of me see how you could have missed that.

When you criticize journalists it might help if you actually understood why headlines are changed throughout time... They are called UPDATES!!!!

Well...CNN is spending all its time on Donny-Boy Jr. and anything 'collusion'. And no force on Earth will curtail their tunnel-vision.
In the mean time, Donny Sr. is scheduled to announce the movement of the US Embassy in Israel, to Jerusalem.
Of course, this is gonna stir the pot in the ME substantially. So I have to wonder what Trumpy's getting in return for this?
I hope its big, whatever it is because, this could blow up in all our faces.

Well, the troops' faces anyway. Maybe Trump can burn a few Qur'ans as the embassy moves to sweeten the mistake.

Well, the troops' faces anyway. Maybe Trump can burn a few Qur'ans as the embassy moves to sweeten the mistake.

Maybe...

I have twin, able-bodied little right-wing testosterone freaks for kids. This scares me a bit.

You badly misrepresent what my source says. They didn't say that the article was removed. They said it was changed and amended to the effect that the original claims were withdrawn. Now it is little more than innuendo and speculation.

This is explained in detail in the article. I can't for the life of me see how you could have missed that.

And that did not happen, as I explained. A new article was written, that expanded on the original article. Sorry, but you failed.

If they can't take him down before the economy gets really good

The economy is already really good. We're in one of the longest sustained periods of growth in American history. It has no place to go but down at this point.

If you right click on the link there should be a selection for "Open link in incognito window" ... that will bypass that paywall crap.
The NYT piece at the link will show what it was most recently and it is what the WATI said it was.
As for what it said previously there's no way to know unless there's access to archive somewhere.

Time will tell. And when your wrong, then what? It'll be time to duck and hide. The Trump's are more dillusional than the Nixon's. I need therapy after this. The best therapy is laughter.[emoji847] You guys are nuts.

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

I was talking about you and yours. The media is just a sounding board for you.

You have convinced yourself that a lie is true.

You must not have understood the implications of your own post. You seemed to conclude that it's impossible that there's any merit to the idea that there was collusion with Russia.

We already know that your desired conclusion is false based on the guilty pleas of Flynn and Papadopolous, so your post was incredibly stupid.

You must not have understood the implications of your own post. You seemed to conclude that it's impossible that there's any merit to the idea that there was collusion with Russia.

We already know that your desired conclusion is false based on the guilty pleas of Flynn and Papadopolous, so your post was incredibly stupid.

They pleaded guilty to LYING to Congress.

You can keep your opinion of my post to yourself.

Back
Top Bottom