• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anheuser-Busch seeks feedback on NFL sponsorship over anthem protests

I disagree, the NFL has so many rules about what you can't do in terms of making the NFL look bad, but they allow this. Thus the NFL is backing the protests,a nd thus I said pull sponsorship.

I don't think the protests themselves are disrespectful. At least inherently. They seem to be doing it to draw attention to a problem they believe exists and protest against it, not to disrespect the flag, the military, or the country.

There are substantial questions for sure as to whether those problems exist or their degree as well as whether or not this is an effotive form of protest. But I don't think it's disrespectful if they don't intend disrespect.

The Indianapolis Star is a Gannett paper. Gannett is part of the "MSM."

Noted, I meant it doesn't seem to bein the big papers or news sites.

I don't think the protests themselves are disrespectful. At least inherently. They seem to be doing it to draw attention to a problem they believe exists and protest against it, not to disrespect the flag, the military, or the country.

There are substantial questions for sure as to whether those problems exist or their degree as well as whether or not this is an effotive form of protest. But I don't think it's disrespectful if they don't intend disrespect.

Well, I, as a veteran and a military brat to boot, find the protests very offensive. I also think the premise of the protests is bull****. The first and biggest reason a police officer draws his weapon is because they feel threatened. Where is the calls for communities to respect the police and do the right thing when interacting with police? We shall I believe, agree to disagree.

Yeah, about their only "product" is being bought and buying smaller breweries that know what they are doing, lol.

Of all the American piss beers, Anheuser Bush is among the worst.

But they have the advertising horsepower many others don't.

Anheuser-Busch, we care about you.

lol

On some level, I can't believe people are buying into this marketing ploy. I mean, if one wants to participate in the marketing survey, so be it. But you're still not doing much above posting on a message board. Just filling out a survey really.

Can we no longer see marketing for what it is in America?

Based on your last election, no...hehe :) This is just an extension of that... My personal theory is that since Americans hate to be told to calm down, or be told what to do, it's easier to control you if encouraged to lose your minds in a predictable, controllable manner...and the big corps finally have the data available to figure out how best (and most subtly) to do so.

Well, I, as a veteran and a military brat to boot, find the protests very offensive. I also think the premise of the protests is bull****. The first and biggest reason a police officer draws his weapon is because they feel threatened. Where is the calls for communities to respect the police and do the right thing when interacting with police? We shall I believe, agree to disagree.

The premise might be dumb but that's beside the point as to whether it's disrespectful or offensive. I think if you find it offensive while knowing they don't intend to disrespect you is kind of on you deliberately ascribing a meaning they don't intend.

The premise might be dumb but that's beside the point as to whether it's disrespectful or offensive. I think if you find it offensive while knowing they don't intend to disrespect you is kind of on you deliberately ascribing a meaning they don't intend.

You want unity, stand and show respect for our Nation, you want to raise awareness for a problem, do it on your own time.

Based on your last election, no...hehe :) This is just an extension of that... My personal theory is that since Americans hate to be told to calm down, or be told what to do, it's easier to control you if encouraged to lose your minds in a predictable, controllable manner...and the big corps finally have the data available to figure out how best (and most subtly) to do so.
No just corps, but our politicians are ending-up with quite a bit of data too.

Did you watch the NFL before went on his tweeter storm?

If so Trump did not directly tell you not to watch it, but certainly indirectly influenced you not to watch it. All the very independent minded Americans all deciding not to watch the NFL because of protests after Trump states that the NFL and players protesting should be fired, are not that independent minded

Actually no. I stopped watching before that. I've ever seen the speech in question.

It's amazing to me how people who know nothing about me know so much about me. I never said they should be fired. I've said that's between the players and their bosses. I said I wouldn't be watching. You must have me confused with someone else.

You want unity, stand and show respect for our Nation, you want to raise awareness for a problem, do it on your own time.

I don't think that's quite fair. For one I still don't think the kneeling is disrespectful of the country unless they intend it that way. And their full throated endorsements for the military and America whenever they explain why they're doing it gives me reason to believe they don't.

Secondly, I can't really begrudge someone for using whatever opportunity they have to raise an issue they're passionate about, even if I don't necessarily agree with what it is. If I had an opportunity and a cause, I very well might too.

I'm not rooting for anything to fail. Except for the misdirected protest. I'm saying NFL has no clue as to their audience. The Trump told me what to believe is also failing. Simply not true. Trump never told me to not watch NFL or not buy Bud.

There was virtually no protests to bitch about until trump verbally defacated it back to life. The division is from the right on this.

I don't think that's quite fair. For one I still don't think the kneeling is disrespectful of the country unless they intend it that way. And their full throated endorsements for the military and America whenever they explain why they're doing it gives me reason to believe they don't.

Secondly, I can't really begrudge someone for using whatever opportunity they have to raise an issue they're passionate about, even if I don't necessarily agree with what it is. If I had an opportunity and a cause, I very well might too.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people, and people of color," Kaepernick said in a press conference after first sitting out during the anthem. "To me, this is bigger than football, and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street, and people getting paid leave, and getting away with murder."
Taking a knee: Why are NFL players protesting and when did they start to kneel? | The Independent

He's a dishonest POS and that's what they are supporting.

But they have the advertising horsepower many others don't.

...horsepower...Is that a play on words given AB's Clydesdales?

InBev certainly does have a very strong marketing department and the dollars to spend. But in the end, that's what this is. It's a marketing gimmick and nothing more.

Kaepernick's the reason I only said the majority of NFL players aren't being disrespectful in my first post (although I guess he technically isn't one right now). Of the explanations I've read, his are the only one that borders on actually being disrespectful to the country. But I don't think it's fair to paint them all with a broad brush, even with Kaepernick as the prime mover. I've seen explanations by kneelers that explicitly disagree with what Kaepernick said about showing pride in the country.

I feel like it's becoming one and the same a bit, don't you?

It's the Corporate State. It infects more than just America too.

Anheuser-Busch, we care about you.

lol

On some level, I can't believe people are buying into this marketing ploy. I mean, if one wants to participate in the marketing survey, so be it. But you're still not doing much above posting on a message board. Just filling out a survey really.

Can we no longer see marketing for what it is in America?

Why not? It's a good marketing play. Product suppliers hold focus groups all the time. Beats the crap out of I don't care what my customers want. I'm gonna do my thing.

Bud realizes there are thousands of beer brands out there. I can afford to pick and choose. Bud needs me worse than I need Bud.

Kaepernick's the reason I only said the majority of NFL players aren't being disrespectful in my first post (although I guess he technically isn't one right now). Of the explanations I've read, his are the only one that borders on actually being disrespectful to the country. But I don't think it's fair to paint them all with a broad brush, even with Kaepernick as the prime mover. I've seen explanations by kneelers that explicitly disagree with what Kaepernick said about showing pride in the country.

Interestingly, well if one wishes to be honest about it, is that Kaepernick moved to kneeling as a sign of respect while still protesting. He initially sat down during the anthem. But he had a talk with Nate Boyer, a Green Beret, after which he moved to kneeling because it was more respectful than sitting.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...in-kaepernick-to-go-from-sitting-to-kneeling/

Boyer reveals what happened in the discussion between the two men.

"We sorta came to a middle ground where he would take a knee alongside his teammates," Boyer says. "Soldiers take a knee in front of a fallen brother's grave, you know, to show respect. When we're on a patrol, you know, and we go into a security halt, we take a knee, and we pull security."

I think people want to make this huge political hubbub about it, but most who are the most offended by the kneeling don't really understand what they are angry about.

There was virtually no protests to bitch about until trump verbally defacated it back to life. The division is from the right on this.

There was one, then a few more. But I didn't say that. I said NFL doesn't know there audience. If Trump created the audience disfavor, that still applies.

It's the Corporate State. It infects more than just America too.

Oh, for sure...it's spreading up here too, if in a less dramatic way. For better or worse, you guys do tend to "do" everything a little more emphatically than "the rest of us"...haha... Don't be offended, it's what we used to love about you guys...but when you're "doing" dysfunctional, good grief... :)

Why not? It's a good marketing play. Product suppliers hold focus groups all the time. Beats the crap out of I don't care what my customers want. I'm gonna do my thing.

Bud realizes there are thousands of beer brands out there. I can afford to pick and choose. Bud needs me worse than I need Bud.

No, Bud would throw you to the curb if it could get two others to replace you. They don't need you. Their market share is larger than any one consumer. They just play a game of maximized profits. If it profited them to dump you, they would. If they would make more money ending each commercial with Allah Akbar, they would.

So they're just trying to play a faux outrage moment to their advantage with marketing. It's fine, I wouldn't expect some international corporation to do else wise. But they don't care about you or your cause or really America for all that matter, nothing past what gets them a profit. And this is a prime example, they don't really give a **** about kneeling players, else they would have made a decision about it already. They care about the marketing and if they can turn this into a campaign that can earn additional revenue.

Back
Top Bottom