• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

And so it begins...

So these 3 Stooges are supposed to decide if an American President gets impeached. Dear God, this is a joke.

Why are they "3 stooges?"

Yeah. I find it sad, but I agree with Gaetz on the Barron quip by Karlan.

Let's not fall into the Republican mindset that professional behavior and personal biases are unable to be separated.

Let's not fall into the Republican mindset that professional behavior and personal biases are unable to be separated.

No. What I am saying is when she said that joke, I cringed. I get that Trump calls any and everyone names. I want the people who oppose him to not get in the dirt with him.
At least where it comes to a minor child. Period. Full stop.

So these 3 Stooges are supposed to decide if an American President gets impeached. Dear God, this is a joke.

No, the Representatives asking them questions decide if an American President gets impeached. The witnesses are giving their opinions as scholars on the subject of impeachment.

But of course, you knew that already.

Gaetz has once again established that these witnesses have no first hand knowledge of others (Yovanovitch et.al.) first hand knowledge.

And thinking he's made a case, he rests it.

Gaetz has once again established that these witnesses have no first hand knowledge of others (Yovanovitch et.al.) first hand knowledge.

And thinking he's made a case, he rests it.

He is probably not the only one that thinks they are there as fact witnesses.
#sadandsadder

Americans expect Democrats to have class, and for Republicans like Gaetz to act like an ass.

One of the major problems facing the Democratic party today is the disparity in standards expectations between them and the Republicans. People expect the GOP to lie, yell, and behave like children. They are expected to excuse abhorrent behavior. And the Democrats have to be calm, cool, and collected throughout all the shenanigans or the "both sides" folks will be out in full force.

Trump supporter Johnson suddenly cares about the politics of personal destruction.

Which 3 stooges? Guiliani, Parnas, Nunes? Pompeo, Mulvaney, Perry? Fruman, Pence, Trump?

Did I get to a Trumper in jail yet?

I'm at the office and have been running all morning so I just got a chance to sit and watch the first half hour or so of questioning. It's quite the show! Apparently the three esteemed Constitutional scholars have obviously already concluded that Trump acted solely with regard to the 2020 election. No evidence to the contrary seems to have been considered. It's like they are assessing a situation where a guy in the parking lot of a store is found holding store merchandise. Since store merchandise identical to what he has in his hands is missing the only conclusion that they find "reasonable" is that he stole the stuff.

Granted, this hearing has nothing to do with the law. It's entirely a show to sway public opinion of the process Democrats have chosen to pursue. To that end, the Democrats have once more presented the public with compelling "witnesses" telling compelling stories but all the while assuming "facts" which have never been given a proper hearing.

No, the Representatives asking them questions decide if an American President gets impeached. The witnesses are giving their opinions as scholars on the subject of impeachment.

But of course, you knew that already.

What makes them arbiters of what it true, not true and conjecture. Foisting impeachment upon the shoulders of these self-important bombasts is desperation personified.

I'm at the office and have been running all morning so I just got a chance to sit and watch the first half hour or so of questioning. It's quite the show! Apparently the three esteemed Constitutional scholars have obviously already concluded that Trump acted solely with regard to the 2020 election. No evidence to the contrary seems to have been considered. It's like they are assessing a situation where a guy in the parking lot of a store is found holding store merchandise. Since store merchandise identical to what he has in his hands is missing the only conclusion that they find "reasonable" is that he stole the stuff.

Granted, this hearing has nothing to do with the law. It's entirely a show to sway public opinion of the process Democrats have chosen to pursue. To that end, the Democrats have once more presented the public with compelling "witnesses" telling compelling stories but all the while assuming "facts" which have never been given a proper hearing.

Apparently along with their many degrees, they are degreed oracles, prophets, mediums, seers, mentalists , psychics, clairvoyants, augurs, palm readers , mental telepathists and soothsayers.

What makes them arbiters of what it true, not true and conjecture. Foisting impeachment upon the shoulders of these self-important bombasts is desperation personified.

Impeachment is on the shoulders of our elected representatives. The constitutional scholars are their of their own free will. Nobody "foisted" anything onto them. And you still haven't explained why they are "3 stooges."

Impeachment is on the shoulders of our elected representatives. The constitutional scholars are their of their own free will. Nobody "foisted" anything onto them. And you still haven't explained why they are "3 stooges."

It is almost like Republicans haven't heard all three of them say, several times, that it is up to them (Congress) to determine if it is impeachable.
They have also been asked their opinion.
Why are these two things so confusing for some people.

He is probably not the only one that thinks they are there as fact witnesses.
#sadandsadder

I'm not surprised they (repug reps) make these fallacious arguments.

I'm surprised that more than 60M people think these arguments prove the President innocent.

One of the major problems facing the Democratic party today is the disparity in standards expectations between them and the Republicans. People expect the GOP to lie, yell, and behave like children. They are expected to excuse abhorrent behavior. And the Democrats have to be calm, cool, and collected throughout all the shenanigans or the "both sides" folks will be out in full force.

I consider this to be a solution, not a problem. State legislatures, governors, and state supreme courts won’t be won back from REDMAP 2010 to have a BLUEMAP 2020 by having the same presentation as GOPutins. 142 Remaps, 99 state and 43 federal, are at stake here.

You're making a fool out of yourself.

No, desperation would be the shifting tactics we have seen from Republicans for months now.

Claiming the President can't be prosecuted while in office and calling on Democrats to open impeachment hearings of they want him gone.

Once the impeachment depositions started taking place, complaining that they weren't public.

Once the public hearings began, complaining that Trump had no ability to defend himself, while ignoring the fact he blocked his own people from testifying.

Once Trump was offered the ability to come and defend himself, just randomly yell **** about coups constantly because you have run out of arguments.

I consider this to be a solution, not a problem. State legislatures, governors, and state supreme courts won’t be won back from REDMAP 2010 to have a BLUEMAP 2020 by having the same presentation as GOPutins. 142 Remaps, 99 state and 43 federal, are at stake here.

Purplemap 2020

(in a perfect world I guess :()

It is almost like Republicans haven't heard all three of them say, several times, that it is up to them (Congress) to determine if it is impeachable.

When Trump is your mentor you're bound to have some knowledge gaps about how U.S. government works.

I shudder to think what Fox News is playing in the background while Acadia is participating in this thread. One thing's for sure: she sure as hell isn't watching the hearing.

And the republicants are using every second for Trump appeasing monologues. I so tire of this bunch of spineless supplicants.

That doesn’t bother me much.

The Republicans don’t have anything else. So producing sound bytes for Fox Noise and for Trump’s amusement is all they have to do.

The bar is direct rather than circumstantial evidence. The same bar that must be met if you, me, and every other person in this country were to be accused of a crime.
1. There is no such bar, as you claim, back that up or withdraw your claim.
2. This is the investigation/indictment phase of impeachment, not the trial phase. Standards for indictment are lower...probable cause.

The bar in reality, for criminal trials, is typically "beyond a reasonable doubt" to a jury. And this is not a criminal trial, nor even an impeachment trial.

Circumstantial evidence is used in criminal courts to establish guilt or innocence through reasoning.
With obvious exceptions (immature, incompetent, or mentally ill individuals), most criminals try to avoid generating direct evidence. Hence, the prosecution usually must resort to circumstantial evidence to prove the existence of mens rea, or intent. The same goes for the plaintiff's establishing the negligence of tortfeasors in tort law to recover damages from them.

Circumstantial evidence - Wikipedia

Back
Top Bottom