• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An Argument: Killing Animals For Meat is IMMORAL

I suspect a lot fewer cheeseburgers would be eaten today if we had to slaughter and dress our own beef.

If you gave me a cow to kill, I'd be eating steak instead of burgers.

No. They violate deed restrictions

Can you imagine what New York City would look and smell like if everyone was keeping pigs, cows and chickens? It's not feasible.

If you gave me a cow to kill, I'd be eating steak instead of burgers.

I've killed rabbits and chickens for the table, A cow would just be a step up in size.

Watch this video:

The wolves and the bear are not immoral. What is immoral is assholes arguing that hunting is murder. Hunting is actually necessary and it would be very cruel to ban hunting. More dear would starve to death. This would cause more diseases in the herds. This would also mean that neighborhoods would have to deal with rotting corpses. Some animals would breed unchecked in urban settings since they wouldnt have any actual predators hunting them. Of course this would mean that predators would move into urban areas in mass. People would be killed by these predators. Roads would become killing fields. The loss of animal life on roads would also mean dead humans.

Eating meat, is how we evolved larger brains. Human Beings, despite what many believe, are members of the animal kingdom. You can't say something we evolved to do is immoral. We merely adapted to our environment and ensured our own survival.

That being said, we can say how we obtain our meat is either moral or immoral. Farm factories, packed full of animals like cows and chickens, that use inhumane practices are in my opinion highly immoral. Hunting, however, is a necessary skill and part of the natural order. If we let the practice of hunting die out, we lose those skills. Civilization will not last forever. Whether a natural disaster, or our own doing, our house of cards will eventually tumble. Now, humans are like cockroaches. We've adapted to ever extinction level event thrown at us. Super Volcanoes, Meteors, asteroids, and disease so I doubt we will ever be wiped out completely. At least, til the sun expands and engulfs us. Keeping our archaic practices alive, helps out whatever generation draws the short straw.

Also, a big part of our obesity problem today, is a grain heavy diet without the necessary exercise to burn off those calories. Diabetes, is a big problem today and is caused almost entirely by our grain dependence. Bread and Sugar break down the same in our bodies. Would be fine if everyone led active lifestyles, but we don't. Meat, while with risks of its own, is just better healthwise for modern life. Supplemented, of course, with vegetables.

I suspect a lot fewer cheeseburgers would be eaten today if we had to slaughter and dress our own beef.

You're probably right but it wouldn't be because of the cow. That's not much of a problem at all compared to making the cheese.

At one time or another, a great many people have lived where there was not enough food other than meat to sustain them. People who were traveling through remote parts of the Western U.S. in earlier days, for example, had to fish and hunt to get enough to eat. They could not wait months for vegetables to grow, and often the water needed to raise them was not there anyway. And what about the agony a carrot or cabbage or potato must experience, being so cruelly yanked from the ground, hacked up with a knife, and devoured?

It seems silly to me to condemn all those people for killing as they needed for food. For all anyone who ever killed a bird or rabbit or deer or other wild animal could know, it might have been killed--maybe more gruesomely--and eaten by something else a few hours later, if he had spared it. And even when people took only part of the animal and left the rest lying there, as they often did with large animals like buffalo, nothing went to waste. Other creatures of various kinds always consume whatever is left.

Personally I think dead animals are delicious. Nothing like a good well seasoned beef filet mignon cooked medium rare.

Catching Flounder and Speckles in front of the PETA main office is especially rewarding. I do it every spring and fall.

Dodging paper weights, and fruit can be a challenge at times here in Norfolk.....but funny.

Peta+headquarters+dock+front+property+in+norfolk+_a5632dff249bf205a3b13760c288732f.jpg

Yes so there are slaughter houses and super markets

Yes, but you said that people could raise their own animals. That would be impractical in a city.

Some are not quite so materialist.

A varied diet which is includes meat is healthy. I don't eat meat every day but my life would be poorer without it.

Last edited:
They could raise their own animals outside of the city

Millions of people going outside a city to raise animals and also work their jobs? I think you are teasing me.

If the Lord didn't want man to eat animals, he would not have made them out of MEAT!!

And God would have made cows, pigs and chickens faster.

That's why people don't eat cheetah burgers.

Are there any not so super markets?

Yeah they are just called markets, I once lived in a place near a groceteria. I think that is a somewhat lower level than market

Back
Top Bottom