• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

america the christian nation?

america the christian nation?

• yes we are still ruled by christianity

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • we are not as christian as we were

Votes: 38 92.7%

• Total voters

11Bravo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
this is a public opinion poll. there will be no insult slinging and there will be rational debate.

is america still the Christian nation we always were? all other "religions" have the right to practice freely and we should respect them even if they are wrong. however atheism isnt a religion so are they protected under the constitution? does anyone see us illegalizing atheism in the near future?

Christianity and America | Faith of Our Fathers

since this is a public opinion poll i expect fair and rational conversations.

i voted yes we are still a Christian nation cause i havent lost faith in the US. the wife and i are very tolerant of the atheists because they are ignorant of how the world works, but they are still human beings

As a Christian, I voted for the second choice because the Bible says there shall be a "falling away" from faith before Christ returns.

2 Thessalonians 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

As a Christian, I voted for the second choice because the Bible says there shall be a "falling away" from faith before Christ returns.

2 Thessalonians 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

interesting point. we let the atheists pretend they are right, then jesus comes back and puts them in their place

We are a nation with Christians....not a Christian Nation.

Christian Nation implies some sort of Theocracy which is Theocrazy.:lol:

A nation with Christians implies free will to agree or disagree or be ambivalent with Christianity.

BTW, the poll answers do not fit for me.

i voted yes we are still a Christian nation cause i havent lost faith in the US. the wife and i are very tolerant of the atheists because they are ignorant of how the world works, but they are still human beings

No, we are not a christian nation, we are a nation of all faiths, religions and creeds, but we have a lot of christians. You do not have special privileges and christian holy law is not welcome. I am very tolerant of you because you are ignorant of how America works.

We are a nation with Christians....not a Christian Nation.

Christian Nation implies some sort of Theocracy which is Theocrazy.:lol:

A nation with Christians implies free will to agree or disagree or be ambivalent with Christianity.

BTW, the poll answers do not fit for me.

Yeah, he intentionally made a ****ty and pointed poll to try to get everyone to agree we were all founded on christianity. Nothing says confident in your faith like needing to force it on others through the government.

There's a very good reason God isn't mentioned in the Constitution. And before you claim the "The Year of Our Lord" means squat, AD means the same thing and is ubiquitous. It doesn't mean that someone who uses the term is religious.

The forefathers were wise enough to form a secular government.

No, we are not a christian nation, we are a nation of all faiths, religions and creeds, but we have a lot of christians. You do not have special privileges and christian holy law is not welcome. I am very tolerant of you because you are ignorant of how America works.

Yeah, he intentionally made a ****ty and pointed poll to try to get everyone to agree we were all founded on christianity. Nothing says confident in your faith like needing to force it on others through the government.

well we are a Christian nation but we tolerate the other "religions".

Only culturally and even that only runs skin deep.

We can barely commit to a welfare state.

The mechanics of our republic are secular and thank God for that.

BTW, bad poll options.

I think we aren't as Christian as we once were because Christianity was once the 'norm' almost everywhere in America and those of us who embraced it were not attacked, insulted, and/or maligned, and nobody would have presumed to see it as a violation of anybody's rights.

We once celebrated Christmas and even Easter joyously and unoffensively pretty much everywhere--in the schools, in the workplace, on campus of our universities, in department stores, in the hospitals, in all government buildings, etc. It was a beautiful and satisfying component of the predominantly Christian American culture and even those who did not embrace Christianity enjoyed it as an American festival just as we would enjoy the cultural festivals celebrated in other countries including the non-Christian ones. The creche on the courthouse lawn was a charming American tradition that offended nobody and to sue somebody because it was there was unthinkable.

But with the rise of an intolerant Progressivism coupled with an opportunistic Libertarianism (capital "L") in which money could be made by challenging such customs and symbols, we have lost much of that. Our young are too often taught that Christianity is born of evil and corrupt influences or is a corruption of paganism, etc. etc. etc. and they never experience the joy and comfort that a relationship with the Christ brings to those of us who are blessed with that. "Merry or Blessed Christmas" has been replaced with a generic "Happy Holidays" in many if not most places. Christmas is no longer acknowledged in the schools that now have Winter Breaks instead of Christmas breaks. Public prayer is outlawed or not allowed in most public places. The school that includes too many old traditional Christmas carols in the winter concert can face severe retribution.

Christians are supposed to be sensitive and sympathetic to non-Christians whose feelings are of much more importance than any desire or feelings of the Christians.

And our country is definitely the poorer for it.

Incorrect. We're a nation with a secular government, the freedom of religion and a large but rapidly dwindling christian population. You are not some kind of special citizen with special rights because of you believe a zombie jew came back to life to stop what he was going to do to us. You are one of dozens of religions in the US and our country was not founded on christianity, especially considering half of the founding fathers were deists, which is about as christian as hinduism and islam.

Why the quotation marks around "religions"?

Weird.

We have never been a christian nation, your choices for the poll are faulty.

Some tolerate, some do not.
Not a Christian Nation- as per the founding documents and Constitution
And all religions- and those that are agnostic - atheists are protected under the Constitution, without any having favor over the other.

this is a public opinion poll. there will be no insult slinging and there will be rational debate.

is america still the Christian nation we always were? all other "religions" have the right to practice freely and we should respect them even if they are wrong. however atheism isnt a religion so are they protected under the constitution? does anyone see us illegalizing atheism in the near future?

Not in the near or distant future. You can't make belief illegal. As others have said, The United States is a freedom of religion nation.

I would have checked "other", had the option existed. We are a Christian culture and quite a few practicing Christians. We also have a no intervention in religious practice Constitution. That demands a hands off approach to all religions.

Incorrect. We're a nation with a secular government, the freedom of religion and a large but rapidly dwindling christian population. You are not some kind of special citizen with special rights because of you believe a zombie jew came back to life to stop what he was going to do to us. You are one of dozens of religions in the US and our country was not founded on christianity, especially considering half of the founding fathers were deists, which is about as christian as hinduism and islam.

The government isn't the country. They are suppose to be the people's employees.

No one is asking for special rights nor do we intend to force anything down your throat you wouldn't willingly accept.

The reference you made about Christ will only score you points with Satan.

agree to disagree

You need more choices in your poll.

Not in the near or distant future. You can't make belief illegal. As others have said, The United States is a freedom of religion nation.

should we tolerate the intolerant atheists?

Back
Top Bottom