• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Already found the tax loopholes...

Which then just hurts the children.. which then costs us all more.. and they aren;t going to stop "breeding"..

You want to stop subsidizing irresponsible pregnancies.. which I agree with? Pay a generation to NOT have children. You would stop the generational poverty and welfare in a less than two decades.

wrong, you assume that the children would be hurt. but your suggestion might have some merit

really? get rid of the death tax and the loss to the government is minuscule. for most of this country's modern history, the bottom 47% actually paid some of the income tax, that should return

for most of this modern history the bottom 47% had more social mobility and had better real wages. Tax them more.. and watch the whole economy decline which effects me and every other businessman who is not a trust fund baby.

for most of this modern history the bottom 47% had more social mobility and had better real wages. Tax them more.. and watch the whole economy decline which effects me and every other businessman who is not a trust fund baby.

you seem rather upset with "trust fund babies" why is that?

wrong, you assume that the children would be hurt. but your suggestion might have some merit

Oh yeah.. I am making a big assumption here :doh Gee.. lets see.. oh yeah.. irresponsible parents..when losing benefits (punished) by government for having more kids.. will of course spend more money on their kids.. rather than on themselves. Yeah.. that's about as smart as thinking criminals intent on murder.. obey gun free zones.

Oh yeah.. I am making a big assumption here :doh Gee.. lets see.. oh yeah.. irresponsible parents..when losing benefits (punished) by government for having more kids.. will of course spend more money on their kids.. rather than on themselves. Yeah.. that's about as smart as thinking criminals intent on murder.. obey gun free zones.
who said the kids would be punished? irresponsible parents usually lose control of their children.

you seem rather upset with "trust fund babies" why is that?
\

Because I know a lot of them, . They have never worked hard in their lives.. real work. They have no sense of values since they have been handed everything. They think they are superior to everyone else.. because OF WHAT THEIR FATHER OR GRANDFATHER DID. Oh they are impressed by me because of the wealth I have.. and in the same breath of praising me.. they often disparage people like my grandparents and parents. Who had ten times the drive and ability that these brats (and I mean gusy in their 50-s and 60's) have ever had. And only because my parents and grandparents weren't wealthy.

Its a rarity to find one that has a clue and some values. One of my biggest struggles is to provide advantages for my kids that I didn;t have.. but NOT turn them into spoiled, snotty entitled brats. It is a continuous struggle getting my kids to understand that not everyone gets to go on ski holidays out of the country.. or hunt out of the country, or have vacation houses.. or heck.. just be able to get the top of the line graphing calculator when you take a math course.

who said the kids would be punished? irresponsible parents usually lose control of their children.

No they don't.. Man.. see.. this is an example of not understanding how things work when all you know is money.

No.. they don;t lose their kids.. and that's because there is no place for these kids to go. The state sure as heck can't provide for them solely. So these kids stay with their parents. and get subsidized.. because its cheaper way cheaper for the state to do that then try and take the kids away and pay for foster care or a state 'home" to raise these kids.

Heck.. some of these parents are kids themselves. I have had a 16 year old patient that was asking me about college.. because I mentioned it to her because I offer scholarships to kids and she is very smart in school. You know what her parents suggest to her? That she needs to get pregnant..

No they don't.. Man.. see.. this is an example of not understanding how things work when all you know is money.

No.. they don;t lose their kids.. and that's because there is no place for these kids to go. The state sure as heck can't provide for them solely. So these kids stay with their parents. and get subsidized.. because its cheaper way cheaper for the state to do that then try and take the kids away and pay for foster care or a state 'home" to raise these kids.

do you think those on welfare should have to agree to mandatory birth control while they are on the dole?

do you think those on welfare should have to agree to mandatory birth control while they are on the dole?

I think that is unconstitutional. Plus whats "on the dole". The government should not be mandating your medical decisions.

However, if the government were to say.. "look..if you want to receive an implantable birth control device.. the government will pay for it AND give you an extra 200 dollars a month".. that's constitutional and it would seriously reduce the incentive for having more children for government benefits. There would be an incentive to NOT have children when you financially cannot support them. now you can have all the sex you want.. not get fat from pregnancy... AND get paid!...

the generational savings would be astounding. Not to mention that the children that these folks did have.. would likely be better adjusted, better taken care of and have a better chance of success.

really? get rid of the death tax and the loss to the government is minuscule. for most of this country's modern history, the bottom 47% actually paid some of the income tax, that should return

$40 billion per year (the House estate tax cut provisions) isn't miniscule. The tax bills being debated cost about $150 billion per year. The entire IRS budget is $11 billion per year.

Because its income. Might as well ask "why pay taxes at all".

I bust my butt working and owning a business.. I pay taxes on that income

Some rich dude gives his lazy good for nothing son the same amount in inheritance.. and he doesn;t pay a lick.

Please explain why working hard and running a business should be penalized more than being lucky enough to have a father that will support your lazy butt?

Ah, I see your point now. Your lazy, good-for-nothing kids don't deserve to inherent what you've built. Good point.

Ah, I see your point now. Your lazy, good-for-nothing kids don't deserve to inherent what you've built. Good point.

hmmm.. how you could get that is beyond me. My kids already work harder than many adults. My 16 year old.. my oldest has started his own business. My younger son is 14 and can outwork most men in the field.

My plan is that they will be independent of me and won't NEED any inheritance from me. they will have already EARNED their own money. .

hmmm.. how you could get that is beyond me. My kids already work harder than many adults. My 16 year old.. my oldest has started his own business. My younger son is 14 and can outwork most men in the field.

My plan is that they will be independent of me and won't NEED any inheritance from me. they will have already EARNED their own money. .

But just so we're clear on your point here, they DON'T deserve your money, or the business you built. Right?

I mean, if they want to pay the government for the right to what you've built, you seem to be ok with that...

But just so we're clear on your point here, they DON'T deserve your money, or the business you built. Right?

I mean, if they want to pay the government for the right to what you've built, you seem to be ok with that...

Yep.. they are not entitled to it. They did not work for it.

If they get it.. then they should be responsible for the tax on it.

the problem is-the poor, when they vote, vote for more stuff that they want someone else to pay for. If they start getting more feedback about the cost of government, they might stop clamoring for more and more handouts

Yup, the poor with all their power, lobbying , corporate backing and connections got this system all fouled up.

\

Because I know a lot of them, . They have never worked hard in their lives.. real work. They have no sense of values since they have been handed everything. They think they are superior to everyone else.. because OF WHAT THEIR FATHER OR GRANDFATHER DID. Oh they are impressed by me because of the wealth I have.. and in the same breath of praising me.. they often disparage people like my grandparents and parents. Who had ten times the drive and ability that these brats (and I mean gusy in their 50-s and 60's) have ever had. And only because my parents and grandparents weren't wealthy.

Its a rarity to find one that has a clue and some values. One of my biggest struggles is to provide advantages for my kids that I didn;t have.. but NOT turn them into spoiled, snotty entitled brats. It is a continuous struggle getting my kids to understand that not everyone gets to go on ski holidays out of the country.. or hunt out of the country, or have vacation houses.. or heck.. just be able to get the top of the line graphing calculator when you take a math course.

We have one as president. See if ya can find any values or clue in that one, bwa ha ha ha ha ha ...

We have one as president. See if ya can find any values or clue in that one, bwa ha ha ha ha ha ...

Actually friends of mine, new Trump personally and got involved in one of his investments. He drained the money out of the investment, failed to pay them the money he owed them.. and declared bankruptcy for the company. the guy is a scumbag of the first order.

Back
Top Bottom