• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Agent Removed From Harris’s Detail After ‘Distressing’ Behavior (1 Viewer)

How does someone with obvious and severe mental health problems end up on a secret service security detail?

idk

But grasping at the strawman of the day for an explanation is quite different than having evidence that something happened.
obviously, ymmv

It leads to people believing in shit that never happened?
In this case it appears the shit did happen! It's good to be a skeptic, but to routinely think DEI isn't an open door for lowering standards is just wrongful thinking. You don't lift everybody up by lowering standards.

Last edited:
In this case it appears the shit did happen! It's good to be a skeptic, but to routinely think DEI isn't an open door for lowering standards is just wrongful thinking. You don't lift everybody up by lowering standards.

for me, it'd be easier to think "DEI [is] an open door for lowering standards" if there was evidence that this is what DEI is or does.

but you do you

How does someone with obvious and severe mental health problems end up on a secret service security detail?
In THIS administration? I'd say it was a pre requisite.

I trust the MS-13 more than I trust the Secret Service when a Democrat is in power.
And I'm not saying Le Eme is trustworthy, I'm really saying the Secret Service is less trustworthy than a Mexican dope cartel.
Wow...SS getting shit on by you even though they've been around since 1865 with a pretty solid track record is crazy. Do you just hate them because they are security related and that can be stretched to your hatred for police officers and such?

for me, it'd be easier to think "DEI [is] an open door for lowering standards" if there was evidence that this is what DEI is or does.

but you do you
Well that’s easy. Harvard’s DEI admissions had race-based SAT score requirements with a significantly lower score requirement for black applicants.

Story has been reported by all the major news outlets.

Well that’s easy. Harvard’s DEI admissions had race-based SAT score requirements with a significantly lower score requirement for black applicants.
so you say

So the Harvard Crimson says and so the Supreme Court said.

Do they though?

Would you be able to tell if they were they actually talking about DEI or something else?

If you know of someone engaged in illegal hiring practices, you should report them.

what causes you to believe they were "obvious and severe" at the time of recruitment?

Do they though?

Would you be able to tell if they were they actually talking about DEI or something else?

If you know of someone engaged in illegal hiring practices, you should report them.
Yes and yes because. No need to report them since the Supreme Court curb stomped them for it.

I didn't mention minority. I didn't mention school. Not sure what you are referring too?
I'm just trying to figure out what your comment meant.
Training academy for SS? I'm saying the report is she was removed from a police force for issues like this and she had an issue in SS academy of "hearing voices".
OK, I didn't know that. So you're saying the SS hired someone who wasn't qualified? And they did that for DEI reasons?

So this is a minority person, this SS agent?
It's about problems, issues, it's not about being a minority. I'm saying any quota means you may end up lowering standards when you get pressure to meet the quota. It's the same for minorities or any other group of candidates, lower the standard nd you a greater potential for problems.
I don't know who this agent is, much less the color of his or her skin. Where are you getting this info?
In areas where we have a need for the highest of standards, such as protecting the President or in this case the VP of the US. You just can't afford to lower standards.
I agree, but as I say, I have no idea who this agent is.

Wow...SS getting shit on by you even though they've been around since 1865 with a pretty solid track record is crazy. Do you just hate them because they are security related and that can be stretched to your hatred for police officers and such?

I can read, and I've noticed what seems like a trend with security mishaps during Democratic POTUS tenures, starting with the decision to leave the limo bubble top off during a visit to a city where posters like these were in abundant supply:

jfkwantedposter.jpg

Your active imagination's flight of fancy about hatred for cops says a lot about you. Please don't project that onto me, it won't stick and you'll look even dumber in the end.

I can read, and I've noticed what seems like a trend with security mishaps during Democratic POTUS tenures, starting with the decision to leave the limo bubble top off during a visit to a city where posters like these were in abundant supply:

Your active imagination's flight of fancy about hatred for cops says a lot about you. Please don't project that onto me, it won't stick and you'll look even dumber in the end.
"Trend"? A one time event is a trend? Did you leave out Reagan being shot or Teddy Roosevelt? Your premise is weak af and really just comes back to a liberal hatred for security personnel.

When your Bosses don't support you, it's always difficult to do you job properly. In any kind of law enforcement it leaves you both in danger from the bad guys, and from prosecution for doing your job. I can hardly imagine the way the world has come to compared to when I was growing up. We were just taught to respect authority and people in those positions. Sure there were always a few bad ones in every profession but most are good, hard working and deserve to be shown respect.
The shameful things we are seeing on TV these day......... boy!
What does that have to do with hiring? No one wants to be a cop the pay sucks

Well, I wasn't about to request the agent's medical records, which I have no right to see, but there is no way that I believe the agent suddenly got a cold or an upset stomach. That simply would not have drawn this action which is what caused the media attention.
Its rare but there are medical conditions (including mental issues) that cause people to act very irrational. If she wasn't a secret service agent this wouldn't be a story.

and really just comes back to a liberal hatred for security personnel.
Only conservatives hate security personnel. It's common knowledge.

How do you figure that? It's a fact that the Secret Service has been getting pressure to hire more women as agents, up to 30% of the force. Anytime you set numbers and you are also having problems finding candidates, but you are dead set on hiring, you are forced to lower standards and overlook some work history or personal red flags. That appears to be what happened here. She has a checkered past, other violent explosions and even an episode during training of "hearing voices". So you doubt is more you unwillingness to admit problems in that type of hiring quota or just plain don't want to admit it's happening.
It's not my dumb post.
Show where it states it

So a person had a mental break, which could be caused by any number of injuries or illnesses, and to you that says "DEI".

That is honestly the stupidest ****ing thing I've seen all day. You should get some kind of award. Is there a Nobel Prize for Dumb Shit? If there isn't, there should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom