• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Affordable Care Act threatened as Trump administration, GOP states fight U.S. House, Democratic stat

Right.. you just said it.. its not paying for itself as the population ages.. because your generation did not collect enough in taxes.. to pay for your care now. You are getting your medicare.. courtesy of me and my generation.

Anyone that understands economics.. understands that I am a conservative...

You sir... do not understand even how the Medicare trust fund works.

LOL, again, keep dodging the question, Medicare was created in 1965 and for decades more money was coming in than going out so tell me how much money has been created in the Medicare fund? You claim that there isn't enough to fund current beneficiaries, why? Answer the question?

'

Oh.. okay.. Well then.. according to you.. Obamacare did not subsidize people buying healthcare insurance healthcare.. since to help people pay for healthcare.. they gave out the PREMIUM TAX CREDIT.

Which.. according to you.. is not a subsidy.. since its a tax credit.

No according to reality I know the difference between a tax credit and a subsidy

Trustees Report Summary

Table 1: TRUST FUND OPERATIONS, 2018
(in billions)
.......................................OASI.........DI.............HI............SMI
Reserves (end of 2017)....$2,820.3....$71.5........$202.0......$87.7
Income during 2018...............831.0....172.3.........306.6......449.1
Cost during 2018..................853.5.....146.8.........308.2......432.4
...Net change in Reserves.....-22.4.......25.6...........-1.6........16.7
Reserves (end of 2018).....2,797.9.......97.1.........200.4......104.3

No according to reality I know the difference between a tax credit and a subsidy

hmmm.. you need to explain then... because Obamacare issued a PREMIUM TAX CREDIT.

So is it a subsidy or not?

Did you not say earlier that tax credits were not subsidies? If they are not..then Obamacare did not subsidize buying healthcare insurance.

You don't seem to understand your own position.

hmmm.. you need to explain then... because Obamacare issued a PREMIUM TAX CREDIT.

So is it a subsidy or not?

Did you not say earlier that tax credits were not subsidies? If they are not..then Obamacare did not subsidize buying healthcare insurance.

You don't seem to understand your own position.

Premium tax credits and subsidies are two different things, 44% of income earning Americans don't pay any FIT what kind of tax credit did they get?

Back
Top Bottom