• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

About Hunter Biden

SonOfDaedalus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Is there a job that Hunter Biden could get where the fact that his father was Vice President, wouldn't improve his chances of getting that job?

If Hunter Biden applied for a job at McDonald's the hiring manager would be like, "You're Joe Biden's son? Wow." Then if the U.S. pushed some regulation about beef people would say Joe Biden did it to help his son.

The entire issue is absurd. Hunter Biden does not work in the WH. I'm deeply disappointed in Joe Biden's inability to communicate the absurdity of asking him to be responsible for the actions of his son who is a private citizen.

Moreover, I hear people say that with his drug problem he wouldn't be able to get that job. Well, if his name weren't Biden how would anyone know he had a drug problem? I'm pretty sure the Navy doesn't disclose why someone discharged. Employers wouldn't know.

If you're Biden, it kind of sucks living in your father's shadow so might as well cash in. You're a private citizen. Why is it our business?

Is there a job that Hunter Biden could get where the fact that his father was Vice President, wouldn't improve his chances of getting that job?

If Hunter Biden applied for a job at McDonald's the hiring manager would be like, "You're Joe Biden's son? Wow." Then if the U.S. pushed some regulation about beef people would say Joe Biden did it to help his son.

The entire issue is absurd. Hunter Biden does not work in the WH. I'm deeply disappointed in Joe Biden's inability to communicate the absurdity of asking him to be responsible for the actions of his son who is a private citizen.

Moreover, I hear people say that with his drug problem he wouldn't be able to get that job. Well, if his name weren't Biden how would anyone know he had a drug problem? I'm pretty sure the Navy doesn't disclose why someone discharged. Employers wouldn't know.

If you're Biden, it kind of sucks living in your father's shadow so might as well cash in. You're a private citizen. Why is it our business?

When you are flying on a US Airforce aircraft to put together one of your deals, it is kind of everybody's business.

When you are flying on a US Airforce aircraft to put together one of your deals, it is kind of everybody's business.

Are you saying Trump's kids never flown on Air Force One?

Hunter discussed this in an interview. The guy his father met was a friend of his for many years.

It's absurd that Trump people with Jared and Ivanka doing business while advising the president can try to find the tiniest issues to accuse Biden. I love how Trump basically destroyed any hopes he ever had for reelection in his smear attempt against Biden. Good luck getting reelected with more than 50% of Americans think you should be removed from office.

Are you saying Trump's kids never flown on Air Force One?

Hunter discussed this in an interview. The guy his father met was a friend of his for many years.

It's absurd that Trump people with Jared and Ivanka doing business while advising the president can try to find the tiniest issues to accuse Biden. I love how Trump basically destroyed any hopes he ever had for reelection in his smear attempt against Biden. Good luck getting reelected with more than 50% of Americans think you should be removed from office.

Whataboutism aside, I have never said trump's kids shouldn't be investigated. The difference is democrats who want Trump's kids investigated proclaim Biden's kid clean as a whistle with no investigation. Investigate them all.

Whataboutism aside, I have never said trump's kids shouldn't be investigated. The difference is democrats who want Trump's kids investigated proclaim Biden's kid clean as a whistle with no investigation. Investigate them all.

On what basis would you investigate Hunter Biden? He's a private citizen. Why does Biden have to answer for what his son does? That's what makes no sense.

Hunter Biden's qualifications were zero other than being the VP's son. Access was being bought, not anything that Hunter Biden could bring to the table. He was merely the conduit. Quid Pro Joe was the salesman.

He never lived in his father's shadow ... his politician father ensured Hunter could cash in as soon as he left law school. In fact the whole Biden family cashed in as soon as Joe had the slightest bit of political influence. ;)

Biden, Inc.: How ‘Middle Class’ Joe’s family cashed in on the family name - POLITICO Magazine

Mob boss attitude runs in the Biden family ... just like Joe showed us on that infamous Ukraine talk video ...

Hunter Biden's qualifications were zero other than being the VP's son. Access was being bought, not anything that Hunter Biden could bring to the table. He was merely the conduit. Quid Pro Joe was the salesman.

Hunter is a Yale Law grad. He had some pretty big position in his life like being put on the board of Amtrak by G.W. Bush. So, it's not zero like you claim.

Like my OP says, is there any job Hunter could take where you couldn't make the same claim that access was being bought? White House decisions affect almost every industry and country.

Burisma wasn't state owned. So, you have nothing. And don't waste our time with your claims of corruption while you continue to defend a corrupt president that half of Americans want to see removed. You're just one of those 28% of people who supported Nixon to the end. Hyper partisan.

He never lived in his father's shadow ... his politician father ensured Hunter could cash in as soon as he left law school. In fact the whole Biden family cashed in as soon as Joe had the slightest bit of political influence. ;)

Biden, Inc.: How ‘Middle Class’ Joe’s family cashed in on the family name - POLITICO Magazine

Mob boss attitude runs in the Biden family ... just like Joe showed us on that infamous Ukraine talk video ...

Answer the OP. Is there any job that Hunter could apply for where his father's position wouldn't be seen as an asset?

I'll wait for an answer

:popcorn2:

Hunter is a Yale Law grad. He had some pretty big position in his life like being put on the board of Amtrak by G.W. Bush. So, it's not zero like you claim.

Like my OP says, is there any job Hunter could take where you couldn't make the same claim that access was being bought? White House decisions affect almost every industry and country.

Burisma wasn't state owned. So, you have nothing. And don't waste our time with your claims of corruption while you continue to defend a corrupt president that half of Americans want to see removed. You're just one of those 28% of people who supported Nixon to the end. Hyper partisan.

Being on the board of Amtrak qualified him to know something about Ukrainian oil and gas? For that matter, what the hell did he know about railroads? There are lots of things Hunter Biden could do that accord with his skills and experience. Helping to run Ukrainian gas companies or hedge funds aren't two of them. Oh, and whether Burisma was state owned is irrelevant knowing how intertwined and corrupt Ukraine is. The bank his company got $1.5B from in China, IN 5 DAYS is state owned. He resigned but retains his 10% share. IOW, he still gets the payoff.

Let's go after the president BEFORE we even have proof. Then, let's ignore that our leading candidate has obviously used his position to get his son a job that he isn't the slightest bit qualified for.

The credibility of the left is in tatters after this one.

Let's go after the president BEFORE we even have proof. Then, let's ignore that our leading candidate has obviously used his position to get his son a job that he isn't the slightest bit qualified for.

The credibility of the left is in tatters after this one.

We have a ton of proof. You have no credibility on the right. That's why half of Americans want to see the president removed. The situation will get even worse as officials start to testify publically.

How does it feel to live in some fact-free fantasy land?

... or else?

... :lamo ...

Runaway. You can't answer the OP. You're a dishonest debater like all Trump supporters. You support corruption then accuse others of corruption. You're the same as Putin supporters in Russia. If we have enough people like you we can become Russia.

Yesterday, Rand Paul, Meghan McCain and Ronna Romney McDaniel all came out against nepotism.

The bank his company got $1.5B from in China, IN 5 DAYS is state owned. He resigned but retains his 10% share. IOW, he still gets the payoff.

Mesires said that the investment management company “was capitalized from various sources with a total of 30 million RMB [Chinese Renminbi], or about $4.2 million, not $1.5 billion.” Because Biden acquired a 10 percent minority interest, his “capital commitment is approximately $420,000,” Mesires said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...se-claims-about-hunter-bidens-china-dealings/

Runaway. You can't answer the OP. You're a dishonest debater like all Trump supporters. You support corruption then accuse others of corruption. You're the same as Putin supporters in Russia. If we have enough people like you we can become Russia.

And there I thought for a moment you wouldn't give me the $8 billion if I didn't answer your question.

Yesterday, Rand Paul, Meghan McCain and Ronna Romney McDaniel all came out against nepotism.

Would Meghan McCain have a job at the View if her name wasn't McCain? What exactly were her qualifications? I guess ABC was buying access to her dad?

The people attacking Hunter Biden don't make any sense. If you're a famous kid, you can't escape people hiring you or paying you more because of your name. It's just the reality they have to accept. But it also comes with negatives like Trump calling you a loser and slandering you.

Mesires said that the investment management company “was capitalized from various sources with a total of 30 million RMB [Chinese Renminbi], or about $4.2 million, not $1.5 billion.” Because Biden acquired a 10 percent minority interest, his “capital commitment is approximately $420,000,” Mesires said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...se-claims-about-hunter-bidens-china-dealings/

Even if we accepted that this is the amount, it still reeks of conflict of interest and we don't know Joe's role. I'm not sure why this is difficult for people to admit.

Even if we accepted that this is the amount, it still reeks of conflict of interest and we don't know Joe's role. I'm not sure why this is difficult for people to admit.

:lamo:lamo:lamo

Why have all modern candidates released their tax returns? To show they don't have conflicts of interests.

Why do presidents put their businesses in blind trusts? To avoid conflicts of interest.

Why is it wrong to have your children and in-laws who are involved in businesses working at the WH? Because of conflicts on interest.

I just see you as a comedian.

Careful. “Quid pro” is stealing from Trump. The Hunter Biden sideshow is so obvious a diversion from the President’s corrupt use of Constitutional power you might think it would have closed by now, but here we are.

So when Jared is flying on AF1 while obtaining loans for his family business we should pay attention? I thought there was nothing to see there?

Even if we accepted that this is the amount
Who is this "we", kemosabe?
it still reeks of conflict of interest and we don't know Joe's role.
Ah, we don't know the Fathers "role".....but there must be "conflicts of interests!".

I'm not sure why this is difficult for people to admit.
Maybe....because it sounds....mmm....fabricated.

What I have a hard time understanding is how a trumper can even begin to so hypocritical about the children of political parents and their incomes derived from influence and connections. How does that work?

When you have a dishonorable discharged from the military for drug possession it follows you to the grave. Large companies don't associate themselves with those individuals if for nothing else to stay out of public relation problems.

When you are receiving 600K a year as a board member of an energy company you have no expertise in while 20 year EXXON board members receive 330K a year, it starts to shed light on the situation.

When you duplicate the same type of relationship with a China company for over a Billion dollars it gets even more suspicious

When Biden lies about his son discussing these relationships while the son states he had conversations with his dad about his business with Ukraine its covering up

And if the very same situation existed with Don Jr you would be screaming Impeachment at the top of your lungs

So spare us the (whats so bad about Hunter) claims.

:lamo
No one believes that.

Most Americans are wondering why Trump acolytes keep trying to gaslight the public with the kinds of idiotic, fact-free talking points about the Bidens. We already know, for a FACT, that the Ukranians already concluded that Hunter Biden violated no laws.

We already know, for a FACT, that the entire Hunter Biden story has been discredited as another bat-crap-crazy-conspiracy-theory from the far-right fever swamps of the alt-right internet. Every legitimate major news organization has reported on this, already. Heck, even FOXNEWS is reporting that BOTH Ukrainian and U.S. investigators ruled out any possibility of illegality on the part of Biden in his dealings with Burisma. Listen to one of your own, i.e. "Judge Andrew Napolitano": Judge Napolitano on whether Democrats coordinated with whistleblower | On Air Videos | Fox News

We already know that, even though Hunter Biden did nothing wrong, the TRUMP KIDS have been profiting off of their daddy's presidency for the last 3 years, with Ivanka and Jared leading the charge. Most recently, Ivanka was awarded 16 separate Chinese patents for her "beauty care" line of products. And she's ON THE PAYROLL of the White House, for Pete's sake.

So, you people aren't fooling anyone. Not any longer. The public understands that the Trumps are corrupt, inept and compromised...and that Trump's alt-right followers are too brainwashed (or just too stupid) to be taken seriously at this point.

Back
Top Bottom