• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion hurts women

That certainly changes the narrative of the thread:

Liberals: Abortions are always safe, legal, and getting an abortion is the same as getting a teeth cleaning.

To now admitting abortion can cause long-term effects to women.

Thank you.

Show me where any liberal has said abortions are always safe.

Show me where liberals have said that long term effects of abortion are impossible.

My phone would not let me give your post a thumbs up. Excellent post!

Because your phone recognized what you could not... the post sucked. You should listen to your phone more.

Liberals: Abortions are always safe, legal, and getting an abortion is the same as getting a teeth cleaning.

Thank you.

I've never said that, I've always written that abortions have consequences for women:

Also, no women that gets pregnant can avoid paying the consequences, there is no escape. There are only 4 scenarios:

--she has a kid
--miscarriage
--abortion
--dying during pregnancy/childbirth

And she can die or suffer permanent health damage from the first 3 too.
https://www.debatepolitics.com/abor...-1-2-week-abortion-looks-like-w-350-a-16.html

it's also why I laugh and call out pro-life supporters when they claim that women use abortion to escape the consequences of their actions. That's bull crapola...and I'm glad you agree.

That is no reason to make it illegal. Fewer people die from legal abortion than colonoscopy, appendectomy or even wisdom tooth extraction. Yet, people still get those procedures.

:lamo :lamo

Brilliant!

Is war always associated with a traumatic experience?
CHANGING THE SUBJECT GETS YOU NOWHERE. To the extent that some people appear to not suffer from Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome, I'd conclude that war is not always associated with a traumatic experience.

SO, WHEN WILL YOU ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG? That is, you were wrong to imply that abortion is always associated with a traumatic experience, by failing to place limits on what you wrote about it.

CHANGING THE SUBJECT GETS YOU NOWHERE. To the extent that some people appear to not suffer from Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome, I'd conclude that war is not always associated with a traumatic experience.

SO, WHEN WILL YOU ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG? That is, you were wrong to imply that abortion is always associated with a traumatic experience, by failing to place limits on what you wrote about it.

You are putting words in my mouth. I never said abortion is always associated with a traumatic experience. It by definition is a legal homicide.

Some of our greatest civil rights leaders like Martin Luther King Jr fought against abortion. I stand by MLK and other advocates of peace and love.

I've never said that, I've always written that abortions have consequences for women:

https://www.debatepolitics.com/abor...-1-2-week-abortion-looks-like-w-350-a-16.html

it's also why I laugh and call out pro-life supporters when they claim that women use abortion to escape the consequences of their actions. That's bull crapola...and I'm glad you agree.

It isn't an escape. They do it out of panic and desperation. We are a country that needs protection. Protection from predatory lenders, protection from unscrupulous financial advisors, food companies that are trying to poison us, etc..

I support banning abortion, not because I want to restrict their rights, but to protect them

You are putting words in my mouth. I never said abortion is always associated with a traumatic experience. It by definition is a legal homicide.

Some of our greatest civil rights leaders like Martin Luther King Jr fought against abortion. I stand by MLK and other advocates of peace and love.

How peaceful and loving is demanding that women remain pregnant against their will?

Pretty sure MLK didnt believe in that.

It isn't an escape. They do it out of panic and desperation. We are a country that needs protection. Protection from predatory lenders, protection from unscrupulous financial advisors, food companies that are trying to poison us, etc..

I support banning abortion, not because I want to restrict their rights, but to protect them

No, you are treating women like children that dont know what is best for them. We have the Constitution to protect our rights. You are doing the opposite if you would force women to remain pregnant against their will :doh

Please source that women seeking abortions are panicking and desperate. That is BS. They have no need to panic...they have a safer, legal option to having a kid, to being pregnant...what is the need for panic?

And it IS an escape from parenthood and all the financial and emotional burdens that come with it. Those things are significantly harmful to people before they are ready.

How peaceful and loving is demanding that women remain pregnant against their will?

Pretty sure MLK didnt believe in that.

I have always been a center-right liberal. I supported MLK JR, JFK and many that opposed abortions.

I have always been a center-right liberal. I supported MLK JR, JFK and many that opposed abortions.

You didnt answer the question: How peaceful and loving is demanding that women remain pregnant against their will?

Thank you.

The chances of abortion causing trauma or death are 100's of times lower than completing a pregnancy. So your point is?

The chances of abortion causing trauma or death are 100's of times lower than completing a pregnancy. So your point is?

Women have been having babies for a long time, longer than your lifetime, longer than your daddy's lifetime, longer than your grandfather's lifetime.

Women have been having babies for a long time, longer than your lifetime, longer than your daddy's lifetime, longer than your grandfather's lifetime.

And dying from it.

You made absolutely no point in your response.

Women have also been dying as a result of pregnancy and childbirth since the beginning of time and that is yet another reason to make abortions legal, safe and available to all women. Because if they are not we could be accessories to murder. No one should be forced into a life threatening experience.

The number of U.S. women who die during or soon after pregnancy may be higher than previously thought -- and it's on the rise, according to a new study.

Between 2000 and 2014, the nation's maternal death rate rose by almost 27 percent, researchers found. However, over that time, reporting methods changed, the study authors noted.

For every 100,000 live births, nearly 24 women died during, or within 42 days after pregnancy in 2014. That was up from nearly 19 per 100,000 in 2000.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/death-rate-is-up-during-pregnancy-childbirth-in-u-s/

You are putting words in my mouth.
FALSE. I"m simply pointing out what you implied, by failing to say something accurately.

FURTHERMORE, I specifically stated that what I wrote was something you implied; at no point did I say you specifically said the thing implied.

I never said abortion is always associated with a traumatic experience.
BUT YOU DID DISPUTE THIS:
{part of a reply to PopeADope} FALSE. You really need to educate yourself, and stop spouting Stupid Lies (those are lies that happen to be super-easy to prove they are lies).
WHICH WAS WRITTEN BECAUSE OF THIS BLANKET OPEN-ENDED STATEMENT:
abortion ,,, traumatizes women
THEREFORE I ASSUME YOU AGREE WITH THE BLANKET OPEN-ENDED STATEMENT. The implication specified above Logically Follows.

It by definition is a legal homicide.
TRUE. But that has nothing whatsoever to do with blanket/open-ended claims of traumatizing women.

SO, WHEN WILL YOU ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG? That is, you were wrong to imply that abortion is always associated with a traumatic experience.

Women have been having abortions for a long time, longer than your lifetime, longer than your mothers lifetime, longer than grandmothers lifetime.

In fact women have been having abortions since before the early Greek days.

Such is the story of human nature. It is the beautiful circle of life.

Because you are a man, you can say such nonsense. You could care less about a women's life and have no business making demands on them.

And 13 more kids will eventually be chained and shackled to beds and cots if women are forced to carry kids they don't want. Obviously she did not want them..or was incapable of even know what the mother bond is. But...some would rather children be born so they can experience what those poor kids did in Riverside. Just ONE example of "keep your mitts off women's uterus's".

And women dying due to maternal complications has been around for a long time, longer than your lifetime, longer than your daddy's lifetime, longer than your grandfather's lifetime.

I had several major complications. I had confidence that I would be ok because I had excellent access to great healthcare and a strong social support. I had finances enough to take me through the 6 months I was required to be off for my own safety.

Tell me what number of abortion recipients have great healthcare access - insurance that will allow them to see good doctors in a place near there home.

SO, WHEN WILL YOU ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG? That is, you were wrong to imply that abortion is always associated with a traumatic experience.

I was was 100% wrong in implying abortion is always associated with trauma.

Such is the story of human nature. It is the beautiful circle of life.

That's sickening and there's nothing beautiful about it.

No pro-choice person I've ever seen has so casually and callously considered abortion 'part of the beautiful circle of life.'

Life and death is a 'beautiful circle of life?' Then why are your panties all in a bunch over abortion?

Back
Top Bottom