• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion hurts women

Most people would like a crack at life. The other option is death.

Not a life of horror and suffering. Many would and do choose death.

You cannot assume the (non-existent) mindset of the unborn.

Not a life of horror and suffering. Many would and do choose death.

You cannot assume the (non-existent) mindset of the unborn.

A fetus 20+ weeks is not unborn. They have the capability of living prematurely.

A fetus 20+ weeks is not unborn. They have the capability of living prematurely.

Of course it is unborn if it is inside the womb :doh

And I spoke to mindset.

Truly Bucky, is it possible for you to lower the level of discourse in this sub-forum even further?

I at least give people the benefit of the doubt that they can read adequately and understand basic science and reproductive concepts. Your comment in my signature indicates otherwise but please...at least try.

Of course it is unborn if it is inside the womb :doh

And I spoke to mindset.

Truly Bucky, is it possible for you to lower the level of discourse in this sub-forum even further?

I at least give people the benefit of the doubt that they can read adequately and understand basic science and reproductive concepts. Your comment in my signature indicates otherwise but please...at least try.

Legally, by not recognizing the difference between a fetus, you support ifanticide.

A fetus 20 weeks + definitely deserves human/legal rights.

Legally, by not recognizing the difference between a fetus, you support ifanticide.

A fetus 20 weeks + definitely deserves human/legal rights.

INside the womb, at 20 weeks. It is a fetus. There is no infant, and thus no infanticide. Your ignorance continues.

And your opinion on rights is noted.

INside the womb, at 20 weeks. It is a fetus. There is no infant, and thus no infanticide. Your ignorance continues.

And your opinion on rights is noted.

So you differentiate no difference between a fetus 20 week+ compared to fetus only 2-4 weeks?

Legally speaking?

Morally and ethically, clearly a difference exists.

So you differentiate no difference between a fetus 20 week+ compared to fetus only 2-4 weeks?

Legally speaking?

Morally and ethically, clearly a difference exists.

Legally? No.

Morally and ethically? Only if the unborn can survive outside the womb. And no 20 week fetus has ever done so.

Not to mention that no elective abortions take place that late so I dont worry about it. Only those that are medically necessary.

So again, your ignorance makes you look exceedingly foolish. Worrying about things that never happen :doh

Legally? No.

Morally and ethically? Only if the unborn can survive outside the womb. And no 20 week fetus has ever done so.

Not to mention that no elective abortions take place that late so I dont worry about it. Only those that are medically necessary.

So again, your ignorance makes you look exceedingly foolish. Worrying about things that never happen :doh

You basically just admitted you support the legal right for a woman to have an abortion, even 1 day before due date.

Now that's pathetic and barbaric.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Nice to see you want to see our country more like North Korea and China.

You basically just admitted you support the legal right for a woman to have an abortion, even 1 day before due date.

You are wrong.

20 weeks gestation is not 1 day before the due date.

No baby has ever survived at 20 weeks gestation.

In fact only about 50 percent survive at 24 weeks gestation and a high number of those who survive at 24 weeks gestation have major lifelong disabilities.

Now that's pathetic and barbaric.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Nice to see you want to see our country more like North Korea and China.

Yes I do. Because *It doesnt happen*

Once again your ignorance is apparent. Women do not choose abortion that late...to do so is as painful and more dangerous than labor. It is actually induced labor. At that point they can just have the child and give it up for adoption (and make $$ doing so).

So why should I worry about things that dont happen? And you think I'm pathetic? It's pathetic to get all self-righteous about something that doesnt occur. And unintelligent.

Yes I do. Because *It doesnt happen*

Once again your ignorance is apparent. Women do not choose abortion that late...to do so is as painful and more dangerous than labor. It is actually induced labor. At that point they can just have the child and give it up for adoption (and make $$ doing so).

So why should I worry about things that dont happen? And you think I'm pathetic? It's pathetic to get all self-righteous about something that doesnt occur. And unintelligent.

Are you telling me it has never happened? Not even once?

You are wrong.

20 weeks gestation is not 1 day before the due date.

No baby has ever survived at 20 weeks gestation.

In fact only about 50 percent survive at 24 weeks gestation and a high number of those who survive at 24 weeks gestation have major lifelong disabilities.

Wrong:

According to studies between 2003 and 2005, 20 to 35 percent of babies born at 23 weeks of gestation survive, while 50 to 70 percent of babies born at 24 to 25 weeks, and more than 90 percent born at 26 to 27 weeks, survive. It is rare for a baby weighing less than 500 g (17.6 ounces) to survive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_viability

20-35% is more than the 0% you are claiming.

Do you know how to read stats?

I said 0 percent born at 20 weeks survive.

I was not talking about those born at 23 weeks and over.

NO, he can't. Just like he can't understand the Due Process Clause in the 5th and 14th Amendments.

It does not happen.

Feel free to find current data that elective abortions take place after viability.

In Canada, which has ZERO restrictions on abortion, what is the number or percentage of women who have abortions on the day before the due date (annually)?

In Canada, which has ZERO restrictions on abortion, what is the number or percentage of women who have abortions on the day before the due date (annually)?

Exactly, and the same for several US states. Let's see what he finds.

Whaaaaaat????? Is it in the uterus? Yes? Then it's unborn. And no, a 20 week fetus cannot live outside the uterus.

Do you know how to read stats?

I said 0 percent born at 20 weeks survive.

I was not talking about those born at 23 weeks and over.

So you differiantiate a fetus 23 weeks older differently than a fetus say 4-5 weeks?

Lursa for example, says a fetus is a fetus, and no differences exist, no matter what week they are in.

Killing someone because you'd do a bad job and make their life terrible? It's a **** argument. There's plenty of other arguments to be made, but to say "Well I'd do a bad job and make their life bad, so might as well kill them instead" is just about as intellectually lazy and ignorant of an argument one could make.

There is no law that says the reason to abort has to meet your arbitrary level of intellectual value.

A woman saying she wants to abort to maintain her figure in a bikini is 100% valid.

Adoption can do the trick.

Yes. Abortion is a better option for most women though. Saves having to carry and deliver a kid you dont want.

So you differiantiate a fetus 23 weeks older differently than a fetus say 4-5 weeks?

Lursa for example, says a fetus is a fetus, and no differences exist, no matter what week they are in.

Obviously they are different and I dont believe for a second that Lursa ever said any such thing.

Dont lie. I never wrote that. I wrote that it doesnt matter legally and since it doenst happen, there's no reason to change the current law.

Back
Top Bottom