• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

41% school dropout rate. 0% Death Rate

The left hates home schools so probably is cheering all the kids dropping out of online public school. In "home schooling" parents are doing the teaching and in public online schooling the teachers and school system are.

So you support home school or public?

I would say that a policy of fining and imprisoning literally millions upon million of working parents who were not prepared to home school their children is not a winning policy.

It's just another way of expressing hatred of people who have children. Don't parents know their duty in life is to live for the corporation they work for so they can buy new smart phones, the next generation big screen TV, a new Toyota every third year hoping for the day it is a new Mercedes? Only stupid people have and live for their family and children. Smart people serve the wealthy for a little tidbit of gain for the secular religion of greed and consumerism.

Likely a great mistake made is thinking that school districts give a damn about the kids. No more having to deal with those damn kids anymore. No more unruly classes and students to worry about. Not even one kid sent to the office, given detentions or any dealing with irate parents too. The way to perfect schools is to eliminate the students. Then everything runs perfectly.

Last edited:
It's just another way of expressing hatred of people who have children. Don't parents know their duty in life is to live for the corporation the work for so they can by a new Toyota every third year hoping for the day it is a new Mercedes? Only stupid people have and live for their family and children. Smart people serve the wealthy for a little tidbit of gain for the secular religion of greed and consumerism.

What the hell do you think your Dear Leader was doing for decades before 2016? Living a humble life in a monastery?

Trading public brick and mortar public schools for public school websites is not "home schooling" - especially for those "students" who never log into them.

Maybe their parents should do their job and raise their kids, you know personal responsibility.

Nothing is going to improve until we get some real leafership at the top.

Maybe their parents should do their job and raise their kids, you know personal responsibility.

Yeah, those damn single parents. Don't they realize that they should move into their car parked near a church food bank that also is near free wifi for online classes to live in to raise their kids rather than going to work. It's all the parent's fault that the school system was closed down.

Hmm... maybe public K-12 education should be deemed 'essential' and thus kept open for "business" since folks are still responsible for paying school taxes. When Walmart added self checkout lanes they also stopped paying as many cashiers - maybe it's time to stop paying state education system employees who are not producing the new online (home schooling?) content. Perhaps that tax money could then be used to supply those parents with the required goods/services to become proper "home schoolers".

The demand of the bio-terrorists: "GROUND EVERY CHILD IN THE USA FOR ANOTHER SCHOOL YEAR!"

They should pass a law that when parents go to work the children are chained to a bare steel chair bolted to the floor at a desk - with an transformer computer connected and controlled for online school work in a system interfaced with the computer. Not only does this assure the children being permanently grounded is enforced, but also if the kid isn't doing the online work the kid is increasingly electrically shocked.

Any parent refusing to chain their kid to that metal chair is fined $200 a day. It's time to make parents act responsibly toward their children.

On NPR I heard a Democratic politician ranting that Florida schools should not reopen "until every single person is tested." Interpretation: No, education is irrelevant for children and their future.

Teen drop out rate with virtual schooling: 41% - never attended 1 online class.

Coronavirus: 4 In 10 U.S. Teens Report Not Doing Online Learning : Coronavirus Live Updates : NPR

In California the death rate of school age kids from covid-19 is ZERO.

COVID-19 Cases by Age Group

NONE of you ranting that the USA and schools should stay shut down week after month after month after month after month after month - should NEVER talk about educating children again since you all completely don't give a damn about education and have no problem destroying millions of American kids lives.

Ever hear of "selective" information?

No one is worrying about the kids getting covid-19 even though deaths happening to kids is NOT 0%. By the same token, kids normally live with their parents and the death rate for parents under 64 is about 1.2% of those infected and the death rate for all is now around 2%, meaning that if 100 kids go to school, the probabilities are that about 2 deaths will occur. Multiply that by the amount of people going to schools, and you get thousands and perhaps tens of thousands of deaths.

You don't seem to care about people living.

No one is worrying about the kids getting covid-19 even though deaths happening to kids is NOT 0%. By the same token, kids normally live with their parents and the death rate for parents under 64 is about 1.2% of those infected and the death rate for all is now around 2%, meaning that if 100 kids go to school, the probabilities are that about 2 deaths will occur. Multiply that by the amount of people going to schools, and you get thousands and perhaps tens of thousands of deaths.

The death rate is not 2%.

The death rate from covid 19 is not 2%. The stats from the CDC are for all influenza, pneumonia (which is usually is in relation to some otherwise deadly disease or old-age dying) and covid-19 combined. ANYTHING to falsify covid 19 numbers.

I would not sacrifice my children's future for my benefit. Apparently you would.

On NPR I heard a Democratic politician ranting that Florida schools should not reopen "until every single person is tested." Interpretation: No, education is irrelevant for children and their future.

Coronavirus: 4 In 10 U.S. Teens Report Not Doing Online Learning : Coronavirus Live Updates : NPR

NONE of you ranting that the USA and schools should stay shut down week after month after month after month after month after month - should NEVER talk about educating children again since you all completely don't give a damn about education and have no problem destroying millions of American kids lives.

Your link does not support your assertion that 41% have dropped out of high school.

Nor does this support your false allegation

U.S. High School Dropout Rate [2020]: Statistics & Trends

Hmm... maybe public K-12 education should be deemed 'essential' and thus kept open for "business" since folks are still responsible for paying school taxes. When Walmart added self checkout lanes they also stopped paying as many cashiers - maybe it's time to stop paying state education system employees who are not producing the new online (home schooling?) content. Perhaps that tax money could then be used to supply those parents with the required goods/services to become proper "home schoolers".

Here in DFW, the schools provided laptops and internet service for the kids. You were saying.

mask up, and don't gather in crowds during a pandemic.

Lots of people still think masks are a hoax and the whole coronavirus thing is not serious or is just made up...I finally convinced my very right wing brother that coronavirus is very serious...although it took me getting really sick for a few days, running a fever after hanging out with them...for him to take it seriously...what really scared all of us is I had a bad headache and lost my sense of taste, but I didn't have Covid19 thank goodness...I had a horrible summer cold and allergies at the same time. I was better after a few days, but lost a few pounds...which is always a good thing when you are getting closer to 50. He actually decided at that point that Covid19 is not a hoax....even though I did not have it, he knows that it could kill me....he still refuses to wear a mask, but he is much much more careful than he was before.

Home schooling and online public school schooling are not the same. Public schools have always had the worst stats of any education for kids (home, church, private schools). Now the government is throwing public school kids away like so much trash for the sake of old people who vote.

Well on the cynical side, the other side of the coin is that by keeping kids isolated at home, social distancing to the MAX you might say, the authorities are "protecting" the kids from being possible victims of school shootings, staged and otherwise.

Devil's Advocate view. ;)

What we see is the effect of how many people should not have children. They don't want to parent their children....and that includes schooling them if need be...
People have gotten lazy, just dropping the kids at school and leaving them to their own devices after school and with homework. I was taught to write in cursive, I was taught the alphabet, I was taught to do basic math addition and subtraction before I ever started first grade...by my parents.

Here in DFW, the schools provided laptops and internet service for the kids. You were saying.

That's a start, but how were they paid for? It should be far less expensive to provide an online "classroom" for the DFW K-12 students than to have the massive infrastructure (and staff) previously 'required' to transport, house, feed and entertain those students.

In MOST societies, the concept was the older generation sacrifices for the younger generation, parents sacrifice for their children, advance the children.

But NOT in the USA. In the USA children are sacrificed for the old people. What do they care about kids when they become adults and trying to raise their own family. All that matters are old people. After all, why should they care about what happens to their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren after they die of old age. The USA only exists for them. So do the children.

Kids can't vote anyway so who gives a rats ass about kids in politics?

Sacrifice the children to save us old people! - the apparently majority opinion of the old people on this forum. Screw kids, save me!

Why you even write stuff acting like you care about anything beyond yourself and reelecting trump is beyond anyone who reads your posts.

That's a start, but how were they paid for? It should be far less expensive to provide an online "classroom" for the DFW K-12 students than to have the massive infrastructure (and staff) previously 'required' to transport, house, feed and entertain those students.

And as we speak the head of education is saying that we may or may not be able to open schools or have sports. We shall what they end up doing but from the trends it looks very doubtful we can keep opening since the only way to get a handle on the virus is the SD. My guess is Abbott is going to have to get tough on those that refuse to follow safety guidelines and those that refuse to enforce it. Austin just made it a fine of up to $2000 to not wear a mask, and they will enforce it, count on this happening across the State

Some of us have been concerned with the long term impacts of the virus for months. We've been continually ignored.

If the number of daily cases is increasing then it will continue to increase until we change behavior or enough people are infected to drop Ro below 1. To go back to normal this is about 60-70% of the population. Right now about 1% of the population is confirmed to have been infected. We are nowhere close.

Every social interaction raises Ro. So we have a sort of "social interaction budget". Part of the effort in "flattening the curve" was to see how much excess we have. Sending kids to school is very important. It's also very expensive in terms of this social interaction budget. We can't afford it unless we've done the hard work to keep the virus under control. That means universal masks, no indoor dining, bars, and churches. It also means science based mitigation strategies. Can we hold classes outside?

But instead of doing the hard work and making sacrifices, we've taken the new 'Merican way. We want all of the freedom, none of the responsibility. We make a giant mess and then we assume someone else will take care of it. MAGA.

If you're happy, nothing else matters! :cool:

It's stupid. The notion that mayors and governors across the country would all of a sudden cripple their economies out of some conspiracy to increase their control is utter lunacy. Take where I live, the KC area. For the 20 years I have been here, they have done everything they can to woo companies into coming here, to woo startups, to incentivize companies to move here from other cities.... Yet all of a sudden, they would just say to hell with all that just so they can "increase government control", it's such an absurd notion that it borders on psychotic.

It's stupid. The notion that mayors and governors across the country would all of a sudden cripple their economies out of some conspiracy to increase their control is utter lunacy. Take where I live, the KC area. For the 20 years I have been here, they have done everything they can to woo companies into coming here, to woo startups, to incentivize companies to move here from other cities.... Yet all of a sudden, they would just say to hell with all that just so they can "increase government control", it's such an absurd notion that it borders on psychotic.

Do you understand the dynamics of the herd mentality and stampede? Being from Kansas you might.

The herd was stampeded in February, in very deliberate style.

Those civic leaders you describe did not conspire (IMO) but they most certainly were stampeded, and that means rational processes end in the stampede mindset.

No rational process leads to very poor decisions.

Do you understand the dynamics of the herd mentality and stampede? Being from Kansas you might.

The herd was stampeded in February, in very deliberate style.

Those civic leaders you describe did not conspire (IMO) but they most certainly were stampeded, and that means rational processes end in the stampede mindset.

No rational process leads to very poor decisions.

This **** isn't just being done on a whim.

Back
Top Bottom