• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2019 Pride Parades: Why so white?

AtlantaAdonis

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
It seems every time I look at these pictures I see just a blizzard of white skin.

80900a16-499c-47f3-9554-4c49950734e8-PrideParade-062219-001.jpg

queens-pride.jpg

merlin_156144072_7f1feceb-68b9-4f35-990d-b3092052287f-articleLarge.jpg

What can the LGBT community to do make LGBT people of color feel welcome? Perhaps more recruiting in minority communities for members or more LGBT people of color on steering committees?

(If we have any LGBT people of color on this board, I wan to encourage them to speak up and for my fellow white forumites to be careful not to monopolize the conversation.)

It seems every time I look at these pictures I see just a blizzard of white skin.

queens-pride.jpg

What can the LGBT community to do make LGBT people of color feel welcome? Perhaps more recruiting in minority communities for members or more LGBT people of color on steering committees?

(If we have any LGBT people of color on this board, I wan to encourage them to speak up and for my fellow white forumites to be careful not to monopolize the conversation.)

It’s a simple matter of demographics. There are significantly more white LGBT people than any other race.

It’s a simple matter of demographics. There are significantly more white LGBT people than any other race.
Mainly because there are more white people than any other race, currently, in the USA.

It's probably because you're not looking.

gay-pride-parades-getty-800581624.jpg

pict01131.jpg

gay-pride.jpg

pride.jpg

22a-pridemain1-c-ta_lw.jpg

queens-pride.jpg

Minorities can rarely be LGBT... some research indicates that they lack the gay gene, or whatever it is called.

This is gonna be one of those.

It's probably because you're not looking.

gay-pride-parades-getty-800581624.jpg

Seriously ... the first photo he posted has three non-whites near the front.

He's not even looking at his own photos.

Minorities can rarely be LGBT... some research indicates that they lack the gay gene, or whatever it is called.
More evidence of your worthless contributions. Total absolute nonsense.

queens-pride.jpg

Your observations are quite irrelevant to what the actual nature of the demographics of the parades are.

queens-pride.jpg

They probably went to a pre-parade party at Ed Buck’s house

queens-pride.jpg

There's plenty of minority LGBT people that participate in Pride Parades. My girlfriend was not the only Hispanic there last weekend. Perhaps you should open your eyes a little, my friend.

(There are non-whites in your own photos by the way)

queens-pride.jpg

People with brown and black skin hold religion in higher regard, their social morals are different and there is peer pressure against them participating in pride marches.

People with brown and black skin hold religion in higher regard, their social morals are different and there is peer pressure against them participating in pride marches.

Hmm... that must explain their much lower crime rates. ;)

More evidence of your worthless contributions. Total absolute nonsense.

How come there are so many more white LGBT's then?

Try debating for a change...

LOL! You clearly think that you'll be taken seriously.

Why lie like that? Is there some point?

I am taken seriously because I am a serious debater debating a serious issue... you should try it.

What about in the countries where they're majorities? Do they come down with the gene there?

LOL! You clearly think that you'll be taken seriously.

Why lie like that? Is there some point?
Woah, don't you want to debate him on the gay gene. Clearly he is an expert.

How come there are so many more white LGBT's then?

Try debating for a change...
When was this established? Don't tell me you buy three pictures as proof? I don't live in a bubble like you. And no is taking you seriously. Look around.

I don't know anything about Ru Paul's sexual preferences, but he certainly seems to be enjoying himself and his stage persona. My wife, her sister and her friends gather together to watch his show, at times picking up fashion hints. My grandparents religiously watched Liberace's tv show. Ru Paul seems to have garnered a similar audience without the piano. I have no idea what this means in the scheme of things, whatever floats your boat and gets you through the day without causing harm to others works for me.

One of the hospital nurses who helped care for me this past winter, spoke with me about his husband and there three children. Would have fit in with my family easily because of his obvious devotion to his children. Plus he was very supportive for the rest of his med team, deservedly well appreciated by all. He is African American, migrated here from Panama as a child when his father worked for UNICEF, and later the NYC Board of Health as a career administrator.

Back
Top Bottom