• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2018 election- will Dems win control of the House?

• Total voters
a generic Republican will most likely have a tremendous advantage in a gerrymandered Republican district. however, yes, removing incumbency would certainly be a factor. a lot of it is going to come down whether or not those who oppose Trump show up at the polls in large numbers.

I have saved that site to check elections margins. As I may post a more informed poll some time in the year.

I think it's likely given the way the political climate seems to be going.

Yes

No

Other-Unsure- Pls explain

My opinion is yes- From Trump to the Tax Bill will cause many Republicans to lose their CD's.
I gather/guess approx 35 or 40 R CD's are in blue States.

It's on the table, the issue is overcoming gerrymandering in the South and Midwest. It makes it, in terms of statistics, an unlikely, uphill battle. The flip side is that the Left has never been more organized. I don't think we were this organized even in 2006 after the Bush election. But, there's a lot of systemic obstructions within the Democratic party itself, the Trump'ers still seem at least somewhat engaged, and midterm elections are very hard to predict. So I don't know. But here's what I do know: It's possible, and in 2015, I wouldn't have said it would have been reasonable to draw that inference.

It's on the table, the issue is overcoming gerrymandering in the South and Midwest. It makes it, in terms of statistics, an unlikely, uphill battle. The flip side is that the Left has never been more organized. I don't think we were this organized even in 2006 after the Bush election. But, there's a lot of systemic obstructions within the Democratic party itself, the Trump'ers still seem at least somewhat engaged, and midterm elections are very hard to predict. So I don't know. But here's what I do know: It's possible, and in 2015, I wouldn't have said it would have been reasonable to draw that inference.

Trump will be a great driver for voters to get out and vote - just not Republicans.

Back
Top Bottom