• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2018 Election Predictions

2018 Election Predictions - How do you think it will turn out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Face it guys, Hillary will never be President. Nor any other Democrat for at least 4 years. You have to go at least 10 down on the list to reach a Democrat.

???? You must of quoted the wrong person, try again LMAO

And what delusional obsessions would those be?

the reference to the people waiting in line today to vote in November of 2018.

It is really hard to say. It depends on whether Meuller's investigation is still ongoing or not. It depends on whether Republicans embrace or run away from Trump. It depends on who the Dems put up to run in the races.

Missing in all of these discussions is the all important state races. Gops have 27 Governors up in 2018, half currently at risk. The most important races are at the state legislative levels in 2018 and 2020, determining who will write the remaps for state and federal districts. You'll get an early idea on 11/7/17, when all state races in VA and NJ are held.

The Green Papers: United States Off Year Election 2017 will lead one to al the candidates so far running for the U. S. House, U. S. Senate and major state offices in 2018. Quite eye opening.

Ballotpedia.org does a great job getting into the state legislatures. dailykos may be too liberal snarky for some but they do a fantastic job on data collection, mining and analysis and regularly posts the latest happenings at all levels .

Chris Christie leaves a big impression in the governors chair. :lamo Oh and a Democrat probably takes his place. He certainly isn't helping LT Gov Kim Guadagno who is the favorite front-runner for Republicans in the state.

Democrats have a 'Better Deal'. GOPs have 'No Deal' .

That was a joke dude. :roll:

aha - just like Trumps jokes about inviting the Russians into our election process and Scaramouch joking about wanting to kill leakers.

Very funny. :doh:roll:

I couldnt agree more

while the circus will end and die down, world views will go up and potential war will go down Pence IMO seems like an extremists I dont want either. He'll certainly conduct himself a lot better but theres other things that could be worse.

Of the 4 choices in your signature, trump and Pence only believe in 'Pro Gun Rights' .

Of the 4 choices in your signature, trump and Pence only believe in 'Pro Gun Rights' .

Id say thats completely true for pence . . . as for trump NOBODY knows . . not even trump himself ;)

Last edited:

AJJ's supposed stance on gun rights is really just a red herring so he can claim he's more of an independent than he really is.

aha - just like Trumps jokes about inviting the Russians into our election process and Scaramouch joking about wanting to kill leakers.

Very funny. :doh:roll:

Right, because camping in front of polling stations is so similar to your examples...:roll:
You seem incapable of any sort of rational conversation so you can continue on without me.

Id say thats completely true for pence . . . as for trump NOBODY knows . . not even trump himself ;)

GOPosters think only one of their Senators, Heller of NV, is at risk. They either don't see or don't want to know the dynamics of Flake's election in AZ.

The last poll I saw on the TX Senate race, by TX Lyceum in April, had Beto O'Rourke tied with Ted Cruz at 30%, with 38% undecided .

GOPosters think only one of their Senators, Heller of NV, is at risk. They either don't see or don't want to know the dynamics of Flake's election in AZ.

The last poll I saw on the TX Senate race, by TX Lyceum in April, had Beto O'Rourke tied with Ted Cruz at 30%, with 38% undecided .

Well with the condition things are in I wont speculate but IMO I just think things are going to come to a head all over and more than anything underdogs and independents (at least in voting records or stances) are going to gain lots of ground everywhere. Whether they claim R or D I dont think will matter.

Right, because camping in front of polling stations is so similar to your examples...:roll:
You seem incapable of any sort of rational conversation so you can continue on without me.

You said it - not me. You were the one who stepped in it and the stink is on you.

But then - you were just joking. :doh:roll:

AJJ's supposed stance on gun rights is really just a red herring so he can claim he's more of an independent than he really is.

I can only take folks at their word until they're proven wrong. He lives in a crucial state for every election.

My wife is driving and my election papers aren't at my disposal. I'll try to summarize them starting tomorrow night when I get home.

I've never seen this quantity or quality of DEM candidates this early. In some instances, the primaries will get messy, though GOPs are good at that too, as with Sen. Flake being challenged by a trump surrogate in the primary.

I'd loved to shack up with dana October 2018 and help Beto O'Rourke beat Ted Cruz . :mrgreen:

Well with the condition things are in I wont speculate but IMO I just think things are going to come to a head all over and more than anything underdogs and independents (at least in voting records or stances) are going to gain lots of ground everywhere. Whether they claim R or D I dont think will matter.

INDYs are currently a strong party with winning candidates in VT, NH, ME, and AK. In the other 46 they're stuck with the 2 parties or a statement vote. Depressed GOP turnout is beginning to look like s big factor next year, while DEMs are energized .

I can only take folks at their word until they're proven wrong.

Indeed you should, Nim. That was an unneeded bit of snark on my part anyway.

He lives in a crucial state for every election.

My wife is driving and my election papers aren't at my disposal. I'll try to summarize them starting tomorrow night when I get home.

I've never seen this quantity or quality of DEM candidates this early. In some instances, the primaries will get messy, though GOPs are good at that too, as with Sen. Flake being challenged by a trump surrogate in the primary.

I'd loved to shack up with dana October 2018 and help Beto O'Rourke beat Ted Cruz . :mrgreen:

Ugh, Beto is my congressman. It was, admittedly, fun when he defeated Reyes, but surely he can't win in a statewide race.

Ugh, Beto is my congressman. It was, admittedly, fun when he defeated Reyes, but surely he can't win in a statewide race.

As a tribute to the late, great Leslie Nielsen.......I ask you, why are you calling Nimby surely?

Indeed you should, Nim. That was an unneeded bit of snark on my part anyway.

That's a pretty darn good mea culpa, Xy. I respect you for that.

Castro did Texas DEMs a huge favor by not running against O'Rourke in the primary.

Most political firms have GOP TX CDs 7,23,and 32 as up for grabs .

SOcial policy is what i worry about most with Pence. I dont think privatizing will float BUT you could be right.

you're right to be worry about those issues with Pence. also, he's anti-public schools, though i doubt that he could nominate anyone worse on that issue than Betsy DeVos.

How do you think it'll turn out? Poll incoming.

My prediction is the republicans will maintain or slightly increase their majority, while the democrats will be dissapointed. This has to do with how many seats each party has for re election, and the fact the democrats are running solely on the anti trump train, and no real policy to stand out other than identity politics.

In 2020 it will be a much different story, republicans have many more seats to lose as well as in 2022, and by then the democrats will probably have dumped the anti trump rhetoric and the identity politics and broadened there policy, combined with the party in power malaise.

Normally I would expect the democrats to make out like bandits in 2018, but so far they seem to refuse to adopt a real platform, and it is unlikely they will until 2018 hits and makes them realize the i'm not trump platform is a dead end, the democrats today remind me of the democrats in 2004, bush bad me good vote for me because i'm not him.

Gerrymandering, voter suppression, a tough Senate map, and progressive purity tests will probably prevent a Democratic wave next year. But taking back the House could still happen.

Gerrymandering, voter suppression, a tough Senate map, and progressive purity tests will probably prevent a Democratic wave next year. But taking back the House could still happen.

Preemptive excuses? :2razz:

Preemptive excuses? :2razz:

Nope, it's called reality. Conservative lobbyists have helped to rig the system ever since Citizens United and the 2010 midterms--and there's little excuse for our losing those--but after that, well, the system is rigged in Republicans' favor. For instance, in 2012, the Democrats got more votes for representatives than the GOP did, yet because of gerrymandering, the GOP retained control of the house.

Back
Top Bottom